Best Laptop Brand?

Alright I'm looking to purchase a new laptop this weekend. I'm looking to spend between $600-$800. Any suggestions?

I'm mainly using it for basic purposes (internet, email, etc.).

Thanks.

another one.......

anyways.. the best laptop brand is Apple (IMO) . But for you, you're probably good with a gateway, hp, dell, etc....

damn, dude did it twice
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by c1o27

another one.......

anyways.. the trendy laptop brand is Apple (IMO) . But for you, you're probably good with a gateway, hp, dell, etc....
Stay away from Gateway and HP (I found out the hard way).

A Dell is fine if you want to spend 800. Could get a decent 13" after you build it to your needs.

I've been checking out some HP's lately and I like their designs, but I've been told that the battery life sucks and that I should get Gatewayinstead.

You want quality and don't really care about the price: Apple

You want decent quality (not the best, but not the worst) and care about saving a bit of money: Dell

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

I've been checking out some HP's lately and I like their designs, but I've been told that the battery life sucks and that I should get Gateway instead.
dont know how long gateways battery last but my HP does indeed suck. Id be happy if I got 2.5 hrs from full charge. But most likely after a yearof use any laptops battery will start sucking.

How are Avaretec's? My last job bought me one for 900$ from Sam's and I liked it, but I'm somewhat taken aback by the fact that like 99% ofnon-new-from-authorized-dealers Averatec's are broken in some way. They make the best looking ones IMO.

You can get a Dell Vostro Laptop really cheap right now, they got great performance specs but are UGLY

I have had my Toshiba for about 4 years and it is still working great
pimp.gif

I have a Sony Vaio and have had no complaints thus far. However, from what I hear, Lenovo Thinkpads are the best in reliability and performance.

yeah, i love my T61 :smile:
they're priced great too....you can always get an ideapad for cheaper if you want.

Lenovo, Asus, Alienware (Overpriced IMO, but definitely great quality products) Voodoo from HP, Dell, Apple.

Those would be the main brands I would purchase from.

toshiba has been extremely reliable to me. had mine for 5-6 years and looking for another one. if you want the latest gadgets or trendy brands, go with apple,although I couldn't care less about that stuff. I just need something to do basic things with (write papers, internet, download, etc), and has windows.

Back
Top Bottom