Best laptop to get? Vol. No Mac

Looking for a new laptop since my old one is done RIP
frown.gif
What's the best one to get? And don't come in here with Mac, because that's too expensive
laugh.gif

I noticed a lot of hate for HP on here. I'm currently using the HP Pavilion dm3t and it handles everything I need it to do pretty good (downloading, music, browsing, videos..). No crashes or overheating. Fast start and wake up. Been running smooth for 4 months now.

My last laptop and desktop were both HPs and they ran good but the eventually became too weak in terms of specs.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

I noticed a lot of hate for HP on here. I'm currently using the HP Pavilion dm3t and it handles everything I need it to do pretty good (downloading, music, browsing, videos..). No crashes or overheating. Fast start and wake up. Been running smooth for 4 months now.

My last laptop and desktop were both HPs and they ran good but the eventually became too weak in terms of specs.

idk about hating HP but i dont like their laptops b/c the trackpad is glossy and doesnt really respond as well as i want it too.

Originally Posted by eddie

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

idk about hating HP but i dont like their laptops b/c the trackpad is glossy and doesnt really respond as well as i want it too.
yeah i had problems with my tracking pad on my dm3 too but hp made a patch to fix it all up

if you don't use the CD/DVD drive and want a small/portable computer, you can settle for a high-end netbook.
Acer Aspire

really? i'm not sure i'd call it high end. its def a good look if you don't want an optical drive. battery life is long as hell, and it looks dope style wise. plus its real thin, which was why i was real close to buying one. but that intel core ultra low voltage bs they throw in there is wack. id consider high end like the hp envy (which i wouldn't buy either).

Originally Posted by sreggie101

if you don't use the CD/DVD drive and want a small/portable computer, you can settle for a high-end netbook.
Acer Aspire

really? i'm not sure i'd call it high end. its def a good look if you don't want an optical drive. battery life is long as hell, and it looks dope style wise. plus its real thin, which was why i was real close to buying one. but that intel core ultra low voltage bs they throw in there is wack. id consider high end like the hp envy (which i wouldn't buy either).
your avy distracted me.
laugh.gif

anyway a netbook is necessarily low end, but its not a typical 1gb ram, atom processor netbook. Its certainly not the best out if that's what you mean.
HP envy's seem like fake macbooks to me with the disadvantage of not having an optical drive and being even more overpriced

For a laptop that you can find in stores I'd go with HP, for a laptop that you can find online I'd go with ASUS.

Now as far as best ? that depends what you feel is best, best in specs ?, best for you ?. I'd focus more on the build quality since this is a laptop. As far as specs find out what you need.

Well, I keep plenty of music on it (around 8,000 songs) videos (around 100 or so), and I'm a graphic designer, so PS and Illustrator are going to be on it.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Well, I keep plenty of music on it (around 8,000 songs) videos (around 100 or so), and I'm a graphic designer, so PS and Illustrator are going to be on it.
Hence the name "AdobeCS4".
laugh.gif

If you're doing that, shouldn't you up your budget from $500 to get an i5 or at least an i3?

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

Get your weight up.

Then cop a mac.
This.
I'm sorry Mommy and Daddy aren't spoiling me and buying me one like you two
smile.gif
I worked full time during my senior year of high school and bought it for myself as a graduation gift.

You're just lazy.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Get your weight up.

Then cop a mac.
This.
I'm sorry Mommy and Daddy aren't spoiling me and buying me one like you two
smile.gif
I worked full time during my senior year of high school and bought it for myself as a graduation gift.

You're just lazy.

smile.gif
I'm working full time, going to school full time, and paying my own tuition. Sorry I don't have $1200 dollars to just throw around
smile.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Paul Is On Tilt[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i3 or i5? Not familiar with those. Info?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Paul Is On Tilt[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i3 or i5? Not familiar with those. Info?[/font]
I don't know about them in depth, but what I do know is that they are faster processors. The i3 is an entry level. The i5 is a step above. And the i7, which is the high end.

Back
Top Bottom