Best Low Tops in recent memory?

in recent memory i mean still readily available at retail chains and online retailers, or have been out for 2-3 years at the most.

I value all-around fit and no heel slippage in a low cut, shoes that work with your foot and aren't blocky(af25lows,etc.) but are anatomically designed.outriggers are a major plus for me in a low-top, as well. so...
my short list in no particular order:
XX2 lows
XX1 lows
zoom BB low (i need more colorways)
gil zeros and lightswitch gil lows
and1 edge low (and1 lows in general are very underrated!)
reebok breezy low (does the job as well as anything else out there, J's included)
converse wades 1,1.3 and 2 (mids that handle like lo-cuts)

anyone have opinions on the jordan 9.5s? i might want to pick up a low-top pair.

In a perfect world they'd release every mid in a low as well. Like they used to in the good old days.
The XXs low are pretty nice. Underrated, even laughed at when pics first surfaced here on nt. I've gotten great use out of my pair.

One of these days I'll come across the gil zeros and get to try them on. good lookin out on the breezy lows... i've never noticed them before. How dothey fit? any other details about them you could share?

were they called Adidas Fulton or something, i think those look decently good.
but in recent memory, its gotta be the Zoom BB Lows, others that I personally like are the Zoom Jet Flight, and the Zoom Flight Turbine

i got the XIII Lows Retro, and they look pretty good. but performance wise, theres something missing, but i don't really know it. overall its a good shoeto play just pickup ball games and still rock it in style after the game.

One of these days I'll come across the gil zeros and get to try them on. good lookin out on the breezy lows... i've never noticed them before. How do they fit? any other details about them you could share?
they fit pretty well, provide a great lockdown fit, especially for those on the wider side of medium widths. cushioning is pretty decent oncebroken into, and the ventilation is great for me , as my feet get sweaty and that usually leads to slippage and blisters. the dmx (not foam) is not aneffective technology, but i like the low to the ground and firmer cushioning of the shoe overall.

tractions good. maybe cuz im a fat kid, but the non-herringbone pattern works well.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Zoom BB low, without doubt.

what he said
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom