Best Man Speech Tips

So I have my boys wedding in a month and I've been trying to work on a speech but I don't really know what to say. I know I gotta keep it short, besides that I'm stuck. I'd appreciate some tips from anyone who's made this type of speech and maybe even some examples.

When I got married, my brothers and my groomsmen all gave a speech and they just spoke from the heart. No need to have notes or anything just say how you feel. I guarantee seeing your boy up there and being around just wonderful occasion will give you the inspiration you need.

When I got married, my brothers and my groomsmen all gave a speech and they just spoke from the heart. No need to have notes or anything just say how you feel. I guarantee seeing your boy up there and being around just wonderful occasion will give you the inspiration you need.

I agree with the no need to have notes but def right your thoughts down before hand. When I did a speech at my friends wedding I talked about how he had grown as a person, I talked about are early years of friendship, the good times the bad times, and in closing I talked about the importance of marriage and how his life experiences had been a training element training him for this day.

Unless you know the bride very well, i didnt, no need to get to involved with her but my closing had something along the lines of Ive never seen him so happy to be with anyone else (outside my self lol) yada yada....toast to a lifetime of happiness

Start off with a congratulations, compliment the girl, semi-roast the guy in a tasteful way, then end it with some heartwarming story about their relationship.

Ya I'll def jot down some notes, thanks for the tips fellas and anyone else keep them coming please

I was my brother's best man.

When in doubt:

1) Thank everyone for being there.

2) Thank both sides' parents.

3) Compliment the beauty of the bride.

4) Lightly roast the groom.

5) Bring it all together with how much they're meant for each other.

6) Raise a glass.

7) ??????

8) Profit [impregnate a bridesmaid]

I read this tip from here a few years back.

If your speech is before the maid of honor, hype up the crowd, "Are you ready for the greatest wedding speech ever?! I can't hear you!!! Are you ready for the greatest wedding speech ever?!?!", once they yell back like Hulkamaniacs, drop the, "Well, that's after mine to the maid of honor."

Would've tried it had my speech not been last.

When i got married, my brother was my best man and my now sister in law was the maid of honor, they did a Joint speech.  It was legit , they talked about how it was growing up with us and what buttons not to press and how much my wife and i were similar in our upbringings.  so if you know the maid of honor and she is cool with it then i would go that route... it kind of takes the pressure off of just you  when you work with someone.

Back
Top Bottom