Best Movie Of 2007 Into the Wild Vol. No Country for Old Men Close 2nd

Just watched it again on one of those movie sites, Maybe because I'm near that age and enjoy his ideal principles and what he was trying to do, didn'tlike what he did to his family but saw why he couldn't call, enjoyed the book also by Jon Krakauer, a very good read. Best movie of 2007 in my opinion withNo Country For Old Men a close 2nd and then Juno in 3rd. although i still have to see the Darjeeling limited, there will be blood and I'm not there.
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

My top picks were No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood

best action film hands down was Transformers..and for a comedy, Hot Rod..

Angel

I agree, when superbad first came out it was probably my favorite comedy mainly because i was a big arrested development fan and always liked Michael Cera, butpeople around me ruined the movie always repeating the lines, it just got old, would probably still enjoy it if watched again just not as much. Transformersdid have amazing speicial affects but the acting is not up to the par as Emile Hirsch or Javier Bardem
pimp.gif
. just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by schudj25

Just watched it again on one of those movie sites, Maybe because I'm near that age and enjoy his ideal principles and what he was trying to do, didn't like what he did to his family but saw why he couldn't call, enjoyed the book also by Jon Krakauer, a very good read. Best movie of 2007 in my opinion with No Country For Old Men a close 2nd and then Juno in 3rd. although i still have to see the Darjeeling unlimited, there will be blood and I'm not there.
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

At least get the movie title right.

I liked No Country for Old Men way more than Into the Wild but don't like either enough to put them as best movie. I just though Into the Wild was stupidbecause he had no real plan once he went to Alaska. He had no experience of the wilderness and expects to live it out for 2 years? I didn't read the bookbut did the guy even know there was a bus there? I know he wouldn't of lasted very long trying to live in a tent.

^i thought Atonement was soooooo overrated. the directing was on point...that like 5 minute long take was something to see, but the rest of the movie was"eh" at best.

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN is sooooo sick.

Juno for a close second.

Into the Wild was good...guess nothing beats the book though.

Originally Posted by deezxnutz

I liked No Country for Old Men way more than Into the Wild but don't like either enough to put them as best movie. I just though Into the Wild was stupid because he had no real plan once he went to Alaska. He had no experience of the wilderness and expects to live it out for 2 years? I didn't read the book but did the guy even know there was a bus there? I know he wouldn't of lasted very long trying to live in a tent.

That's not the movie idea, that's what actually happened in real life. He could have been better prepared but his whole idea was to live off of theland.

you obviously did not see
there_will_be_blood.jpg

there-will-be-blood.jpg

lewis-in-blood.jpg

34428219.jpg

when you see this, come back and talk to me.

daniel day lewis is a god damn beast. there will be blood will win best picture and best actor for sure.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by deezxnutz

I liked No Country for Old Men way more than Into the Wild but don't like either enough to put them as best movie. I just though Into the Wild was stupid because he had no real plan once he went to Alaska. He had no experience of the wilderness and expects to live it out for 2 years? I didn't read the book but did the guy even know there was a bus there? I know he wouldn't of lasted very long trying to live in a tent.

That's not the movie idea, that's what actually happened in real life. He could have been better prepared but his whole idea was to live off of the land.

I know it's supposed to be true which makes the guy look stupid to me. Living off the land doesn't mean he shouldn't prepare himself for hissurroundings. He didn't even know how to hunt properly. Was he expecting to eat berries his whole time there? He died because he wasn't prepared. Hecouldn't cross the river and didn't know there was a town just a couple of miles away.

Out of the movies mentioned in this post, I'd put them as
1. Juno
2. Atonement
3. No Country for Old Men
4. Superbad
5. Into the Wild

I haven't watched There Will Be Blood yet but it looks real good. Probably would be better than all the other movies. I'd add Michael Clayton up therein the top 3.

man, I was suppose to see into the wild for extra credit in a class last quarter.

Because it was close to the end of the quarter and I had work stacking up on me, I just went and bought a ticket stub so I could get the credit.
I was mad I couldn't see it. Is it gonna release on DVD? I don't know how it did and with it being more of an independent film I wasn't sure.

sorry, got the movie title right, for some reason i always want to ad un to the name. For Into the Wild, according to the book he was under prepared for livingoff the land, but he was only staying in Alaska for just the summer and there was a very good chance he would of survived if he would of stored the wildpotato seeds better and the mold wouldn't of grown on them and if the stream he need to cross wouldn't have grown so much because of the snow melting.He would of made it to if he would of brought a map that showed the local surrounding and the bridge pulley system to carry him over the widen stream duringthe summer months. So yes he should of spent a little more time preparing himself and having better supplies but he had his mind made up and he already decidedwhat he wanted to do and according the book he was very stubborn like that. I do respect for the acts like donating $25,000 of his own college fund to acharity, and by not going along with the rest of America in its consumer based lifestyle, by having principles, like not wanting to get a free ride from hisparents by having them buy him a new car and by paying for his law school, I also respected him for doing what he wanted to do instead of what everyone elsewanted him to do even, with his intelligence (the book and move say that he could of made it into Harvard Law Program if he applied). Into the wild comes outMarch 4 on dvd for those wondering.

I forgot to answer the question about his housing to, i don't know if he did have a tent or not i can't remember, but i know that he did not know thatthe "magic" bus was up there. I know he was pretty confident he was going to survive because i thought i remember reading that while rafting hesurvived on a 5 pound bag of rice for like a month so he thought three month in Alaska would not be that big of a deal.

Just in case anyone's forgotten what came out (I may have missed a couple, sorry)

January:
Code Name: The Cleaner
Freedom Writers
Happily N'Ever After
Alpha Dog
Arthur And The Invisibles
Miss Potter

Primeval
Stomp The Yard
Dreamgirls
The Good German
The Hitcher
Blood And Chocolate
Catch And Release
Epic Movie
Seraphim Falls
Smokin' Aces

Movies marked in Red are ones I've never seen
My opinion of the best of the month: Alpha Dog
My opinion of the worst of the month: Code Name: The Cleaner

February:
Because I Said So
The Messengers
Hannibal Rising
Norbit
Music And Lyrics
Tyler Perry's Daddy's Little Girls
Breach
Bridge To Terabithia
Days Of Glory
Ghost Rider
The Abandoned
Amazing Grace
The Astronaut Farmer
Gray Matters
The Number 23
Reno 911!: Miami

My opinion of the best of the month: Amazing Grace
My opinion of the worst of the month: Hannibal Rising

March:
Black Snake Moan
Full Of It
Two Weeks

Wild Hogs
Zodiac
The Host
The Namesake
Dead Silence
I Think I Love My Wife
My Brother
Nomad: The Warrior
Premonition
The Hills Have Eyes 2
The Last Mimzy
Reign Over Me
Shooter
TMNT
Blades Of Glory
The Lookout
Meet The Robinsons

My opinion of the best of the month: The Host
My opinion of the worst of the month: Dead Silence

April:
Are We Done Yet?
Firehouse Dog
The Reaping
Grindhouse
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters
Disturbia
The Hoax
Pathfinder
Perfect Stranger
Slow Burn
Fracture
Hot Fuzz
In The Land Of Women
The Tripper

Vacancy
The Condemned
The Invisible
Kickin' It Old School
Next

My opinion of the best of the month: Fracture
My opinion of the worst of the month: Kickin' It Old School

May:
Waitress
Lucky You

Spider-man 3
28 Weeks Later
Delta Farce
The Ex
Georgia Rule
The Salon

Shrek The Third
Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End

My opinion of the best of the month: Spider-man 3 (because it sucked less than the others)
My opinion of the worst of the month: Delta Farce

June:
Knocked Up
Mr. Brooks
Hostel: Part II
Ocean's Thirteen
Surf's Up
DOA: Dead Or Alive
Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer
Nancy Drew
Evan Almighty
A Mighty Heart
Sicko
Live Free Or Die Hard
Ratatouille

My opinion of the best of the month: Knocked Up
My opinion of the worst of the month: Hostel: Part II

July:
License To Wed
Transformers
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
Captivity
Hairspray
I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry
Sunshine
Arctic Tale
I Know Who Killed Me
No Reservations
The Simpsons Movie
Who's Your Caddy?

My opinion of the best of the month: Sunshine
My opinion of the worst of the month: I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry

August:
The Bourne Ultimatum
Bratz
Hot Rod
Underdog
Daddy Day Camp
Becoming Jane
Rush Hour 3
Skinwalkers
Stardust
The Invasion
Superbad
Mr. Bean's Holiday
The Nanny Diaries
Resurrecting The Champ
September Dawn

War
Balls Of Fury
Halloween

My opinion of the best of the month: Stardust (yep, I liked it better than Superbad)
My opinion of the worst of the month: Becoming Jane

September:
3:10 To Yuma
The Brothers Solomon
Shoot 'em Up
Across The Universe
The Brave One
Mr. Woodcock
The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford
Eastern Promises
Good Luck Chuck
Into The Wild
Resident Evil: Extinction
Sydney White
Feast Of Love
The Game Plan
The Kingdom

My opinion of the best of the month: Across The Universe
My opinion of the worst of the month: The Brothers Solomon

October:
Feel The Noise
The Heartbreak Kid
Skid Marks
House
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Lars And The Real Girl
Michael Clayton

We Own The Night
Why Did I Get Married?
30 Days Of Night

The Comebacks
Gone Baby Gone
Out Of The Blue
Rendition
Things We Lost In The Fire

Dan In Real Life
Saw IV

My opinion of the best of the month: We Own The Night
My opinion of the worst of the month: The Comebacks

November:
American Gangster
Bee Movie
Martian Child
Fred Claus
Lions For Lambs
No Country For Old Men
Beowulf
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
August Rush
Hitman
The Mist
This Christmas
Awake

My opinion of the best of the month: No Country For Old Men
My opinion of the worst of the month: The Mist

December:
Juno
The Golden Compass
Alvin And The Chipmunks
Atonement

I Am Legend
The Kite Runner
Charlie Wilson's War

National Treasure: Book Of Secrets
P.S. I Love You
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
Aliens Vs. Predator
The Bucket List
The Great Debaters
The Water Horse: Legend Of The Deep
There Will Be Blood

My opinion of the best of the month: The Bucket List (Sorry, I didn't like There Will Be Blood as much)
My opinion of the worst of the month: The Golden Compass

My favorite movie of the year: Hate to say it, probably Stardust or Knocked Up. (No Country and We Own and There Will Be Blood aren't exactly my types ofmovies)
The worst movie I seen that year: Kickin' It Old School or Delta Farce...a tie maybe?

No Country For Old Men,even though I didn't get the ending
There Will Be Blood
Michael Clayton
3:10 To Yuma
Juno
American Gangster

No country....I loved it BUT, the last part with Tommy Lee saying, " then I woke up"

I didnt get..Imseeing it again tomorrow though..lol

what did he mean by it?

Back
Top Bottom