Omar Cook, Man-Hatten, Ant Glover
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

1. Durant Melo
2. Melo Durant
3. Beasley
Fixed

Beasly hasnt made much of an impact in the NBA to be on my list.

It's about their lone year in college, that's it.

But I agree that Melo is ahead of Durant.

Originally Posted by mEasy15

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

1. Durant Melo
2. Melo Durant
3. Beasley
Fixed

Beasly hasnt made much of an impact in the NBA to be on my list.

It's about their lone year in college, that's it.

But I agree that Melo is ahead of Durant.
Of course, dude actually won the championship

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

pg2_g_cook_195.jpg
I really did think he would have done great things in the NBA if teams didn't think he was such a headcase
smh.gif

One of my favorite college players this decade.

As a Memphis fan, I don't even think Rose had the best season out of all of those freshman. He came to play in the tournament but Kevin Love looked incredible all year.

beasley was the better player up till about February then Rose was just upped his play.

Mike Beasley's #'s were silly. dont understand Kd above him considering similar team success.

As a Memphis fan, I don't even think Rose had the best season out of all of those freshman. He came to play in the tournament but Kevin Love lookedincredible all year.

If Rose makes this list Love definitely has to as well.

1.) Melo because of what he did. Carry that team and win the champion ship.

2.) Durant. Dude dominated that conference. I didn't even like him because he played for Texas and OKC.

3.) Beasley.

4.) Rose.

5.) Oden. Dominated on defense. If they played anyone else besides Florida...

6.) Love. Had to admit though, I wanted Mayo instead him when we drafted him.

7.) Gordon. I feel like his season was wasted with all those distractions. He woulda played a lot better.

Originally Posted by Hannybee

2.) Durant. Dude dominated that conference. I didn't even like him because he played for Texas and OKC.

3.) Beasley.

4.) Rose.

7.) Gordon. I feel like his season was wasted with all those distractions. He woulda played a lot better.
Agree.

& I maybe a little biased cause Gordon was my favorite one & done, but

Early Season Gordon>>>Rose

Post Distraction/Late Season Gordon<<<Rose.

If not for the wrist injury/Sampson firing, Gordon would have been top 3 in that draft.

Originally Posted by MBen32

Originally Posted by Hannybee

3.) Beasley.

4.) Rose.

Agree.

& I maybe a little biased cause Gordon was my favorite one & done, but

Early Season Gordon>>>Rose

Post Distraction/Late Season Gordon<<<Rose.

If not for the wrist injury/Sampson firing, Gordon would have been top 3 in that draft.

Gordon was my favorite also. I've been hyping him up since I saw his junior game in high school against Greg Oden. I was like who is this guy??? Thentried telling everyone he was gonna be huge in college, but it never really got to happen.

Not understanding why anyone can be put above Melo since he led his team to a ring. Durant and Beasley had great individual seasons though. NOt trying todiscredit them but I think some of you are forgetting the name of the game. That is WINNING.

Melol then everyone else.

Also Omar Cook's name is being mentioned a little bit too much in this thread. He was a very good college freshman PG, but again, his name is beingmentioned a little bit TOO much in here.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Also Omar Cook's name is being mentioned a little bit too much in this thread. He was a very good college freshman PG, but again, his name is being mentioned a little bit TOO much in here.
Blasphemy
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Not understanding why anyone can be put above Melo since he led his team to a ring. Durant and Beasley had great individual seasons though. NOt trying to discredit them but I think some of you are forgetting the name of the game. That is WINNING.

Melol then everyone else.

Also Omar Cook's name is being mentioned a little bit too much in this thread. He was a very good college freshman PG, but again, his name is being mentioned a little bit TOO much in here.

"Good" is an understatement...Dude was incredible....15/8 as a freshman PG in the BE back in the day are eye-popping numbers. No he didn't haveas much professional success as many of the other cats being mentioned in this thread, but to think he doesn't deserve to be mentioned as one of the BESTone-and-done players of the past decade isn't right.

Maybe I was "underrating" Omar because of his draft stock at the time, but I don't think he is in the same class as Rose, Durant, Beasley, andMelo.

Maybe it is the "they are already in the NBA" bias.

Back
Top Bottom