Best phone for Sprint? Vol I hate my phone.

I spent 4 days arguing with sprint over thos @%$*$%% touch diamond. Thing is so unreliable, it's not funny. Their solution was to give me a new touch profor free. Hope it's better.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

mogul sucks
touch pro sucks

i have a touch pro...cant wait until the pro 2 drops. i hate this small keyboard...and hopefully they fix all the crap thats wrong with this thing.
yup! touch pro has too many problems imo.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

I've been rocking with my BB curve for a year I love it.

not sure if the extra $30 a month is worth it
grin.gif

Sorry bruh but if you have any of sprints unlimited data plans then there is no blackberry plan charge. If you have sero then i dunno.Honestly for the most reliable phone.. i'd suggest a blackberry curve.

Originally Posted by iBlink

I spent 4 days arguing with sprint over thos @%$*$%% touch diamond. Thing is so unreliable, it's not funny. Their solution was to give me a new touch pro for free. Hope it's better.

Its an awesome phone dont get me wrong, just my keyboard stopped working after 3 months.

I dont even use the keyboard on my touch pro cuz the on screen 1..... but does anyone else been having a problem with their picture mail working? ive taken itoff my phone put it back on damn thing still not working.

Originally Posted by anDown Goes Frasier

I dont even use the keyboard on my touch pro cuz the on screen 1..... but does anyone else been having a problem with their picture mail working? ive taken it off my phone put it back on damn thing still not working.

Yea I had this issue, had to call in and the rep walked me through some stuff that had to be changed and then I was right back, it was light.

Heard the BB Bold is coming to sprint...I say get that...or wait on the Palm Pre

Originally Posted by Calypso Chanta

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

I've been rocking with my BB curve for a year I love it.

not sure if the extra $30 a month is worth it
grin.gif

Sorry bruh but if you have any of sprints unlimited data plans then there is no blackberry plan charge. If you have sero then i dunno. Honestly for the most reliable phone.. i'd suggest a blackberry curve.
u still have to pay for BES data if you want to use the bb enterprise server/bb internet/bb GPS. if you are on sero you can still load opera andgoogle maps, but i have SERO($30) + Live + unlimited tethering on the treo 800 so i'm gettin everything.

htc touch or diamond... sprint doesn't have to many good phones like the other phone companies... I'm up in the air to renew with them or not.

Hey SneakerHeathen, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. Well, as many people have already suggested, you should probably just holdout for the Palm Pre, which should keep you happy for years to come. Though, if you are looking for a replacement as soon as you can, I would suggest justgoing to your local Sprint store and playing around with a few of the models till you find one that you like, that way you know your way around the phonebefore you make your decision. Two models I recommend are HTC Touch Pro & BB Curve. Hope this helps.

that palm pre is gonna be awesome.

i have a mogul and it's kay. i just had battery problems, but a new one fixed it.

I work for Sprint also and I will tell you:

PDAs and Smartphones:
Sprint BB Curve: VERY Solid phone
Nextel BB Curve: Solid phone - slow internet and bad IDEN coverage
Palm Treo Pro: Solid Phone - keyboard is small and takes getting used to
Touch Pro: junk - VERY slow, keyboard issues, screen issues, and charging issues
Touch Diamond: junk - VERY slow, screen issues, and intermittent button issues
Mogul: junk - slow, touchscreen issues, charging issues
Touch: junk
Centro: junk - hot sync errors
Treo 755: Solid phone - missing gps and high end media features

High end phones:
Instinct: junk - slow and touchscreen issues
Instinct s30: junk - slow and touchscreen issues
Nextel i9: Very solid phone - slow internet and IDEN coverage
Lotus: Very solid phone

IMO, if you want a phone now and dont want to wait for the Pre then I would suggest you get the Sprint BB Curve. DO NOT get the Touch Pro/Diamond. I know theylook all pretty and nice but IT IS A TRAP! If you need a touchscreen then get the Treo Pro.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Heard the BB Bold is coming to sprint...I say get that...or wait on the Palm Pre

This is my dilemma. Im on sero now, and the Pre is (probably) gonna require an upgrade on plans..I think the cheapest 'unlimited data' plan is like$60. With the Bold (or any blackberry) you have to pay $30 extra for the BB service..so either way my bill is roughly $60 w/ the Pre or Bold..or 9630 if itdoes come to sprint.

When yall say the Touch Pro is junk... yall are wrong. Build quality of the phone is junk, but u can just get it replaced if it goes bad. Go to ppcgeeks.comto customize, itll take time but u can have ya phone exactly the way u want. Mine cma with 2 batteries so im good to go. Running MMr3borm with a whole bunchof tweaks and backed up so if the screen or keyboard goes out im straight. Its a WM smartphone PDA, battery life will no be great, why dnt people understandthat.

Originally Posted by Compaqp5280

When yall say the Touch Pro is junk... yall are wrong. Build quality of the phone is junk, but u can just get it replaced if it goes bad. Go to ppcgeeks.com to customize, itll take time but u can have ya phone exactly the way u want. Mine cma with 2 batteries so im good to go. Running MMr3borm with a whole bunch of tweaks and backed up so if the screen or keyboard goes out im straight. Its a WM smartphone PDA, battery life will no be great, why dnt people understand that.

The problem with Windows mobile phones period is that it is Windows. When you start adding stuff to these phones they present more problems. The Touch Prodoesn't even hold a candle to the Mogul and I've had both. My contract is up in July and I'm out the door.

My problem is that I need a smart phone because of my line of work but all the problems that come with Windows operating systems kill it for me. Still on thefence about holding out for the Pre or *fingers crossed* at the WDC they go ahead and drop the bomb we all know is coming either a nano or 32gig

Back
Top Bottom