Best pizza in/around Chicago?

Ok so I'm headin' out to the city this weekend from PA and I AM FEENING for some REALLLL Chicago pizza. Good spots? Thanks guys!

Gino's East, Giordano's, Lou Malnati's all have good Chicago style pizza and each have number of locations around the city and burbs...

Personally I like Giordano's but you really can't go wrong with any of those places... and should be quite easy to find atleast one of them near you.

I have ate at atleast 10 different Pizzeria's in Chicago, most of them supposedly "world famous" and all of them have been straight NASTY. I travel to Chicago quite often and only order Pizza Hut now, as I have never found a good pizza once.

I remember on the season finale of one of the Amazing Races like season 5 or 6, the last 3 couples had to eat at a place called Gino's East, supposedly world famous too, and the couple could barely even finish the pizza without throwing up, even though they were racing for a million dollars. They kept complaining how nasty it was. My and my girl were cracking up, because that is exactly how we feel eating Chicago pizza.

*No offense to Chicago, its a great city, the pizza though is beyond bad*
It is not the NSA, CIA, or our countries leaders who are to blame for our current situation. Rather, it is us, the crippled faceless masses who have willingly traded our knowledge of the truth for a life of ease.​

^ I could see how they could not finish a pizza, its very filling. But the idea that Chicago pizza is bad is preposterous. Unless you're allergic to cheese or like they accidently messed up your pizza Chicago style pizza is crack... I'll give you NY pizza is good I've eaten at like dozen different ray's or famous ray's or original ray's, but it's like apples to oranges. It's just different, but any other pizza is terrrible in comparsion. Its like tie for NY and Chicago pizza cause they're both good, but different then waayyy down the list is everything else...

Where the hell are you from that you think pizza hut is good?

Quote:
^ I could see how they could not finish a pizza, its very filling. But the idea that Chicago pizza is bad is preposterous. Unless you're allergic to cheese or like they accidently messed up your pizza Chicago style pizza is crack... I'll give you NY pizza is good I've eaten at like dozen different ray's or famous ray's or original ray's, but it's like apples to oranges. It's just different, but any other pizza is terrrible in comparsion. Its like tie for NY and Chicago pizza cause they're both good, but different then waayyy down the list is everything else...
Where the hell are you from that you think pizza hut is good?

It is not the NSA, CIA, or our countries leaders who are to blame for our current situation. Rather, it is us, the crippled faceless masses who have willingly traded our knowledge of the truth for a life of ease.​

Pizza hut isnt bad. I like it better than dominos.

I like chicago style pizza, but there have been long periods where I avoided it and went with thin crust. Pats pizza in the south loop has very good thin crust.

Docsback, try the sausage deep dish from Lou Malnati's. Like ebayologist said, you can't go wrong with any of the ones he listed (I'd add Eduardo's to that list). But Malnati's separates itself from the pack with it's sausage. It's like a thin sausage wafer that covers the entire pizza. It's awesome (if you like sausage...no amechi :tongue:
tongue.gif
"i will slap someone if i ever see anyone wear them and try to stunt wit them" -masterani3

Quote:
Im from Michigan

Figures...

You're from a place not known for pizza let alone food period...

You tell NT, Chicago pizza is gross that would be like me telling NT crab cakes in MD/DC are awful (clearly thats not the case) but I have no standing to make such a claim other that just my own tastes bud which clearly would be @#%$ up where that the case...

If you're not from or living in Chicago or New York City you have little to no validity to your opinion of pizza, because the pizza where your from simply put sucks in comparison so your whole taste buds are skewed by sub par pizza you somehow think is good..

Next thing you're going to tell me KFC is better than Harolds Chicken. Or Cheesecake factory is better than Eli's. Simply put, your taste buds are skewd, go see a doctor about that, can't be good for you...

lmao^...BACCIs is pretty damn good..and cheap.
Damenzo's(sp?) is also very good...prolly the best ive tastest
Team SK3
We don't miss posts...we got auto updates.​
Team Caribbean
Englewood Chicagos Southside..We rock mics like tysons last fight

^ Bacci's isnt bad, its like bootleg NYC pizza, and at $4 for a huge slice w/ drink its good deal.

Few of my boy's live above the one in wrigleyville, so I'm there quite a bit. And hence my photography series "The Bacci's Crew"
www.thebacciscrew.com

Hit up Giordano's and I was just in AWE. Unfortunately that's the only place I went to as the rest revolved around my friends wedding.

If your on the South Side hit up Capri's Pizza on Commercial, best thin crust I ever tasted. There's also one in Whiting, IN. Hit up Giordano's for that Chicago stuffed pizza.

deep dish - lou malnati's
thin crust - pizano's

both spots got that deep dish cookie & ice cream for dessert. so necessaryyyyy.
-=-=FROM THE CITY OF WIND=-=-​

Quote:
You're from a place not known for pizza let alone food period...
:nerd:
nerd.gif

Anyways good informative post, I'm heading to the Chi in 3 weeks so I'm gonna have to hit up one of these spots.

Pizza! Pizza!

^ yeah i was wondering why there was stuff that said malnati's on the walls of pizano's

*edit: after further research...rudy sr. founded pizzeria uno/due, rudy jr. founded pizano's, and his brother lou founded lou malnati's

the malnati's are considered the "first family of chicago pizza" :pimp:
pimp.gif
-=-=FROM THE CITY OF WIND=-=-​

Quote:
I have ate at atleast 10 different Pizzeria's in Chicago, most of them supposedly "world famous" and all of them have been straight NASTY. I travel to Chicago quite often and only order Pizza Hut now, as I have never found a good pizza once

Name them. Now i'm curious.

I've never heard someone say they tried the best pizzerias in Chicago and hated them all. Sounds like BS to me.

Back
Top Bottom