Best Produced album of the last...10 years (Hip-Hop)

220px-JayZ_American_Gangster_Cover.jpg

I don't get how people always forget this...

Call me crazy but..

The Weeknd - House of Balloons trumps all from a production perspective

Close seconds:

Kanye - Late Registration/Graduation

Last year I would have said MBDTF. But I realized I havent listened to it since then...not much replay value.

I would have to say Graduation or Late Registration.

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

Call me crazy but..

The Weeknd - House of Balloons trumps all from a production perspective

Close seconds:

Kanye - Late Registration/Graduation
No joke...I got so wrapped up in his beats that it took me a while to realize how awful of a singer he is. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

Never understood all the hate for MBDTF...I guess it's because traditional hip hop fans don't take a liking to his more experimental melodic production?

The hype surrounding the album failed to live up to the actual product.  I thought I wasgoing to hear something Earth-shattering, butIMO, it's not even in Kanye's top-3.I've listened to the album from start to finish, twice.TO ME, it's has little-to-no replay value.There were critics out there (not on NT) who said this album wasgoing to transcend hip-hop. As a matter of fact, How IGot Over byThe Roots was 10000x better. I like Kanye...I think he's VERY talented...but it's gotten to the point where he could make a song chirping like a bird and peoplewould gas it up like it was the equivalent of Don't Sweat The Technique.

eyes.gif

don't act like we're hyping up some BS

^^^I think you missed the part where Js07 mentioned EARTH SHATTERING and something that was going to TRANSCEND HIP HOP. You posted 2
good songs from that album and nothing more, which basically sums up that album.

Im sorry but MBDTF is flawless as far as production. From Dark Fantasy to Lost In The World. Every beat on that album is nice.

Wait damn, how'd I forget 808's and Heartbreak??

The whole point of that album was to showcase Kanye's production capabilities (hence the title) and dude came through with the versatility

I'd say I'd put it up there with LR and Graduation, but MBDTF is far below all three for sure

Originally Posted by Peep Game

^^^I think you missed the part where Js07 mentioned EARTH SHATTERING and something that was going to TRANSCEND HIP HOP. You posted 2
good songs from that album and nothing more, which basically sums up that album.

1. i read what he said...and i wasn't responding to that specific statement. i just said what we were "hyping" wasn't trash
2. it's really irrelevant what any of you are saying though because none of it is going to change how MBDTF sounds to ME and vice versa. *shrugs* so keep on rockin in the free world...and i'll be jamming MBDTF 

Be and Black Album off the top of my mind.

IMO, a lot of the hate for MBDTF comes from 80% of the album being "leaked" weeks before the release. Dudes were so hyped and when it came out there were only like 3 new songs. It skewed a lot of people's perceptions.

common_be.jpg

Everyone did their thing on production, Ye' included.

^oh wow, didn't notice you just said it lol.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

IMO, a lot of the hate for MBDTF comes from 80% of the album being "leaked" weeks before the release. Dudes were so hyped and when it came out there were only like 3 new songs. It skewed a lot of people's perceptions.

This is what happened to me... Even though im a big fan of the album, I feel as though my opinion of it would've been better if I heard it all at once instead of a couple of new tracks when it dropped.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Deeper Than Rap > Teflon Don in all facets including production.
Agreed but its even more evident in the production.  Deeper Than Rap is head and shoulders above Teflon Don in terms of production.  That's how good the production was on that disc.

Back
Top Bottom