Best Slim Cut Dress Shirt?

Been working in a corporate office for the past 6 years and am tired of always buying the baggy/non-fitted dress shirts. Wanted to see what everyone recommends for a good Slim Cut Dress Shirt. I am in 6'4 181 pounds, so want something that is fitted in the chest, but long enough to tuck in without it coming out every time you sit down. 

Nothings going to fit better than a custom tailored shirt. Make the investment, appearance is important in a corporate office.

What's your price point?

Brooks Brothers
Express
H&M
Ralph Lauren Black Label

The list goes on bro...

I suggest going to a Nordstroms/Nieman Marcus/etc, have them measure you and try on different slim fit dress shirts if you aren't willing to do bespoke.

Originally Posted by IronChef

Nothings going to fit better than a custom tailored shirt. Make the investment, appearance is important in a corporate office.

This.
Go to a tailor and he will get you right.

How much do custom tailored shirts usually run?

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

100+ depending where you go.  Keep in mind that this shirt will be PERFECT for you, and only you.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

100+ depending where you go.  Keep in mind that this shirt will be PERFECT for you, and only you.
So if you lose/gain weight at any point you need to cop a whole new wardrobe..

It reallllly depends on your size/shape.

I would say the tailored shirt I got in Asia, has taught me that get a tailor.

However, someone bought me a slim fit Tommy Hilfiger shirt for a gift....and I love it. Sit's damn near flawlessly...

But it's such a rolling of the dice.

Exactly. ^^

Custom tailored shirts are a bit excessive. Quite frankly, for you to be in the corporate world at such a long time and to only realize you need a make over is quite 'late'.

It's not what you wear though, ultimately you have to go TRY IT ON.

Why custom tailor if things look good on you? I would only custom tailor if I could not find what's available out there. For example, I have very broad shoulders and the 'stuffing in most suits make it look funny. Unless, you're an XMEN MUTANT, there is no need to tailor your shirt, otherwise these businesses would die!!

I mean what are you gonna tailor, just that 1 shirt, or a couple of um? Come on man!

For OPs height and weight, it'll be difficult to find one that fits well. I would suggest Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit shirts and they come in length variations for the sleeves at least, not sure if it adds length to the shirt itself. Their non-iron shirt is 3 for $199 right now, which isn't bad really. If you don't like it or it doesn't fit, it's easy to return. I've even seen people return w/o much hassle shirts that shrunk after a wash. That would be my best suggestion.

H&M tends to be on the shorter side and the price does match the quality. I never liked the fit & quality on Express shirts for the price. RLBL is insanely expensive but it is also insanely nice. Jil Sander, Dior, Simon Spurr, Lanvin, Margiela, etc... are other designers that you can look into if you want more interesting materials and designs and fit but it tends to get pricey from there on out.

I'm not saying they are anywhere near the best quality, but the M1X shirts from Express fit me very, very well. You can almost always find some type of sale on them.

I'm a frail dude i'm not gonna lie so I recommend Express extra slim fit with the spread collar, or point if you like (I think they're online only). Best true slim fit out there. Only buy during sales though.

RFX has a good suggestion on the Brooks Bros Extra Slim
Also, try brands like Ben Sherman. They have a very trim fit dress shirt that can Be had for $40-50 if u shop around.
Other classic American brands like CK, DKNY, and Tommy are making good slim fits recently...try the CK Xtreme line..or their BODY line for extra slim fir shirts..they work best foe wider shoulders and slim waist..., and u can come up on some for like $20 each on a good sale at macys or dillards.
I personally dont like Express..i mean for the price of their shirts id rather spend a little extra and by a brooks bros or RL lol..
If ur on a budget See if u have a Topman or HM in your area .or Zara...zaras more pricey than HM amd topman and but def more worth it IMO

I'm still a student so def can't afford tailored shirts.
But Brooks Brothers slim fit, they fit me the best. Extra slim is too tight for my build though. But yeah, I try to stock up on blue and whites when they have a sale going on.
Love those shirts.

OP another option is to take shirts that you currently own to a tailor and ask for them to take them in a couple of inches. Will cost you around $12-14 a shirt. Experiment with one shirt first to see if they do a good job. 

Originally Posted by omgitswes

But Brooks Brothers slim fit, they fit me the best. Extra slim is too tight for my build though. But yeah, I try to stock up on blue and whites when they have a sale going on.
Love those shirts.

Only thing that bothers me about the BB shirts is the stupid pocket on 'em.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Love those shirts.

Only thing that bothers me about the BB shirts is the stupid pocket on 'em.

Why you no like pockets?
I don't like dress shirts without them.

It's terrible that the tailored fit culture isn't that widespread here in the states. My brother lives in Hong Kong where erryones tailored up and there are shops that charge $15 for a quality tailored shirt with initals.

Back
Top Bottom