Best sole sauce?

I've tried Salon Care 40 and Edgar Kream's Ice Cream. The Ice Cream did not work very well and the Salon Care 40 is decent. In your opinion, what is the best sole sauce? There's Fabes Sole, Sea Glow, Salon Care 40, and that frosting stuff just to name a few. Say what you've tried and how it's worked out

I used the salon care in a retrobrite variation. It worked okay but never completely got rid of yellowing. My problem was most likely due to using the solution on shoes that were very yellow. It definitely cleared up some yellowing but not completely.

I've been using the salon care 40 cream and I've been getting good results. I was thinking about ordering the edger cream to see if it's as good as they say.

I tried some Air Legends sole sauce on some db3's. Did 4x 30min sessions and really no results. Looks about the same.

Going to give Salon 40 plus oxy clean a try unless somebody has another recommendation?

I tried Sole Restorer's with natural sunlight on a few different pairs ('06 Fire Red V, '08 white/ice AF1, etc.), and this is the best result I could get on '11 Space Jam SBs.

View media item 1434755

Went back to Sea Glow boat cleaner, and it's still producing better results.

Unsure if the Sole Restorer crew's methods may/may not be different, but their results when you send in your kicks are far better than my user results.

Last edited:
i use salon 40 with Oxy Clean and i have 0 issues. however iassume that products like seaglow probably work faster, idk i've only used salon 40. can someone confirm?

Well, it would help if these sole sauce companies help give their method to help the regular folks out.

Does anyone know what happens when you use seaglow on icy blue soles. Does it hurt the blue tint or bring it back? I have a pair of black 5lab3s with icy blue soles that are yellowing. I love the blue and would hate to ruin it.

Does anyone know what happens when you use seaglow on icy blue soles. Does it hurt the blue tint or bring it back? I have a pair of black 5lab3s with icy blue soles that are yellowing. I love the blue and would hate to ruin it.
i tried it on my carmine 6s, i hate the blue tint, but nah it wont do anything. that blue is a dye so your best best would be to clear them and if they have a white patch then throw in a lil blue dye and everything with be straight. i had a similar question and everybody ignored me

I tried some Air Legends sole sauce on some db3's. Did 4x 30min sessions and really no results. Looks about the same.

Going to give Salon 40 plus oxy clean a try unless somebody has another recommendation?
Any luck with those DB3s yet? I have the same issue with my 3's (DB and 5lab3). I haven't touched them yet. I'm nervous that the sea glow will hurt the stitching on the toe box. Did you have any problems with that red stitching?

I've tried fabes and it doesn't work as quickly as sea glow. I doubt anything works quicker than sea glow for icy soles. With fabes the pros is that it's cheaper and really don't have to worry about it leaking onto sneaker material causing damage tho.

Last edited:
For those of you not getting good results, how much sole sauce are you applying and how long are you leaving them out in the sun for? Also, how many sessions have you done?

In our experience, it takes the longest when working on icy soles, rather than yellowed midsoles.

These results took 8 sessions of 4-5 hours each (1 entire bottle of Sole Bright) on these OG Cool Grey XI's:

For those of you not getting good results, how much sole sauce are you applying and how long are you leaving them out in the sun for? Also, how many sessions have you done?

In our experience, it takes the longest when working on icy soles, rather than yellowed midsoles.

These results took 8 sessions of 4-5 hours each (1 entire bottle of Sole Bright) on these OG Cool Grey XI's:
but will i loose grip though? one problem i had when i did my first shoes was loosing all traction from them. i used salon 40

4-5 hours each session in the sun??

i just sent my stealth 5s with a guy i've done kicks deals with who made his own sauce. he said he's about to make me a lifetime customer. he's super confident and not charging me for this first kick so im gonna keep yall updated and if they comeback clear then i'll post product name and how to get it. wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom