Best TV under 2k?

What's up NT, im in the market for a new tv and was wondering what you would suggest for under 2k.
What are your opinions on plasma, led, lcd, 3d?

Let me know what you got and how it is

Thanks

under 2k?
laugh.gif

u need to do mroe research, 2k will pretty much get u any TV u want...

you could spend half that right now and have the nicest tv on the block... i jus picked up a 120/hz LG lcd 40" for 350 open box from Sams Club to give my girl for Vday... they had a 55" hitachi led/3d 240 hz for like 7 sumthin

If your looking to drop that kind of change i'd be patient. at CES samsung premiered a new TV, I forget the name, that looked incredible. it was thin and had great resolution

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

If your looking to drop that kind of change i'd be patient. at CES samsung premiered a new TV, I forget the name, that looked incredible. it was thin and had great resolution

Yep, like AMOLED or something

I copped a 42" Panasonic Viera 240hz 1080p 3D Plasma. Has Netflix, Hulu Plus and Youtube on it, plus a USB slot so you can plug and play .avi's and .mkv's if you want.

Honestly, either do some research, or just take your $2k to Bestbuy, let them pick out a TV for you, and pay the huge markup. These kind of threads annoy the hell out of me.

http://avsforum.com/

DO NOT GET THE SAMSUNG D8000 LED. that tv is overrated and there is a lot choppiness during fast motion.

I know best buy has the 55" Panasonic VT30 Plasma for 1999 . Some people call it the Pioneer Kuro killer ( a tv that released 3 years ago that is considered still to be the best tv out right now) the VT30 is THX certified which no Samsung tv is. It using Panasonic's Infinite Black Pro 2 panel. It handles motion very well. 24p direct in at 96hz. It has the best motion smoother which you can turn off ( that soap opera look). I cannot stress how great this tv is. The contrast and black levels are better than any LED that I have ever seen.

but if you prefer Samsung get the 8000 series plasma which CNET likes it better than the VT for the money .which is only 200 dollars more for a 60" inch.

Typing from my phone so please excuse my grammar

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Honestly, either do some research, or just take your $2k to Bestbuy, let them pick out a TV for you, and pay the huge markup. These kind of threads annoy the hell out of me.

http://avsforum.com/
But this is research.  There are very knowledgable people on this board, perhpas you being one of them, and as opposed to being a crumudgeon you could offer some more detailed info. 

As far as my own advice OP, I dont have much outside of brand loyalty.  Samsung's have done me well so I usually focus my attention on that particular brand. 

Sorry. It's just a vague question that comes up almost every other day, and he obviously doesn't know what he's looking for. He didn't even list a size range or what features are important to him. There is no best answer.

I have the Samsung PN59D7000. I like it very much and would recommend it to others. Ecruteak is also correct that the VT30 series is excellent. I chose the Samsung because it had basically all of the features I was looking for at a slightly cheaper price level.

You can wait till the VT50 comes out around July which is the 2012 model. Not sure on pricing but it is expected to be slimmer, 50% brighter, and more energy efficient.
Oh and btw if you get stuck between the st or gt remember that they are both using the same panel. What your getting with the gt is better aesthetics and THX certification making the st better for the money .

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly from CES the 2012 Samsung's add a lot of Internet and connectivity features, but don't really change much in terms of picture quality. If this is the case and are interested in a Sammy, you can probably get a really good deal on a 2011 model around April/May.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly from CES the 2012 Samsung's add a lot of Internet and connectivity features, but don't really change much in terms of picture quality. If this is the case and are interested in a Sammy, you can probably get a really good deal on a 2011 model around April/May.

You are correct . They might of done a little tweaking with the picture here and there but nothing major. They are also implementing more internet feature .The d8000 led will have a built in camera with a microphone similar to the kinect. You will be able to use gesture and voice control to turn on/off tv , change channel ( not sure how that will work), etc

Back
Top Bottom