Best way to preserve Vintage Air Max's?

I just pulled out my OG Griffey's out today and was a bit sad. My air units were fogged up even tho I put silica packet with them. I'm guessing theyexpired. I was able to rub them a little and got some of them cleared up but others not so much. Also- who do you preserve the air units and stop them fromlosing air? I know the risk that comes with collecting and wearing vintage sneakers but anything I can do to slow it down im all for it.

I have several pairs of Air Max running and basketball shoes from the mid to late 90's, and the midsoles, outsoles, and air bags are all breaking down. Not much you can do to prevent the inevitable - wear them soon before they collapse.

i still have a few of my ogs from way way back and the air bubbles are mostly all collapsted . i still rock them even though some of the midsole is starting tocrumble . i say wear them before you cant do nothin but stare at them

Word lol I guess I''ll put my og's in rotation. Should have done that a long time ago
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Word lol I guess I''ll put my og's in rotation. Should have done that a long time ago
smh.gif
Yeah, I took out some of my shoes that I been storing for a little bit and they fogged up. Thankfully they cleared up after wiping them with myfinger very gently, and I added some silica gel packs which worked like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom