Better email account: yahoo or gmail

Gunkmail
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Google just got in the game too late.

I already had an established Yahoo e-mail account that I used as my default e-mail for online banking, credit cards, school, bills, misc websites etc. Gmail isn't THAT much better for me to go and change all of those.
i agree. the only reason i have a gmail is because of the g1

Yahoo. I still HATE that you can't create folders in gmail. Because of this yahoo wins. Otherwise there honestly isn't a big difference between thetwo. Spam seems to get through a little more often on yahoo, but that might be because I have had my yahoo for a LONG time now and use that one to sign up forall the risky sites. All it takes is report as spam and I won't see from that particular sender in my inbox again. Plus I like that my yahoo messengeralerts me as soon as I receive messages. There's plugins for aim for gmail, but they don't work as well.

Yahoo just wins for me.

^ create folders for what? if its groups for contacts gmail does a great job of that. best part is its all synced to my phone so while other chumps are backingup info to their desktop periodically mine updates instantly online. When I get a new contact I punch it in via gmail and it pops up on my phone withinminutes.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Put it like this, anyone that says Yahoo is an idiot.
x2
man g-mail is the $*+* man.. I just keep it open b/c I don't have to refresh the page if I get an email. when I think of yahoo, I think of constipation.

No folders for say certain senders or projects or whatever the case but you can't create folders to move particular emails to. You can only create labelswhich I think suck in comparison to folders.

Gmail by far. I have used yahoo hotmail and gmail and i love gmail it has so many good features and it works great plus i just have all my mail forwarded fromhotmail. the spam filter is great and it has a ton of useful add ons.

Originally Posted by West2East

Yahoo. I still HATE that you can't create folders in gmail. Because of this yahoo wins. Otherwise there honestly isn't a big difference between the two. Spam seems to get through a little more often on yahoo, but that might be because I have had my yahoo for a LONG time now and use that one to sign up for all the risky sites. All it takes is report as spam and I won't see from that particular sender in my inbox again. Plus I like that my yahoo messenger alerts me as soon as I receive messages. There's plugins for aim for gmail, but they don't work as well.

Yahoo just wins for me.
Exact reasons why i still prefer Yahoo over Gmail or others.. I had mine for like what almost 10 years now..

Well I use AOL primarily and I only have a Yahoo account so I could sign up for NT so idk. Am I the only one who is confused to as how it matters? Email isemail right??

Back
Top Bottom