BevMo appreciation - adult version of a candy store

I don't really do appreciation posts, but after my most recent visit to BevMo I have to.

For any of you NTers of legal age who have one in your area, it really is one of the best stores in the history of mankind.  I get excited like a kid in a candy store, and have to restrain myself from going absolutely bananas.

This past weekend I hit up BevMo to stock up on some beer and champagne for my wedding this weekend, and I was so eager that I parked the car and hopped out without turning the engine off (in my defense, I was driving my girl's car and had the keys in my pocket and I'm not used to the push button electronic ignitions).  Luckily my girl had the sense to reach over and turn it off, cause I was already making a beeline for the front door.

So I was supposed to buy 5-6 12 packs of beer and a case of champagne.  $250 later I walk out with NO champagne, a few beers, a bottle of Hendricks (thanks to NT for puttin me onto this stuff), a bottle of Goose, a gorilla sized bottle of Jameson, a bottle of some crystal head vodka (again thanks to NT for the recommendation, 1st try, hope its good), and a bottle of lemoncello for the missus.  I got too excited about the liquor that I didnt even pick up the champagne.  Oh well... I guess its just an excuse for me to make another trip later this week.

For any drinkers who like the harder to find stuff, this place will probably have it.  Definitely worth a visit.

BevMo is whack. Their club program sucks and their prices are no better than Safeway/Walgreens/CVS/Costco. Costco is the adult version of a candy store. Easy to grab 6 handles and kick rocks. True, they don't have as many brands as BevMo, but somehow I don't find myself wishing for some Llord's gin when I step into a Costco.

we have a Beverage House in my area...i dont drink tho. just a liquor store to me?

as a gold card vip, yes, it is HIGHLY appreciated. Especially if you're traveling in an area where you don't know the small specialty liquor shops. I don't drink beer, but from what my friends say it isn't good for cheap beer (guessing that's the above poster's issue), but the selection obviously surpasses most places. Can't go wrong liquor wise, they carry so many things you can't get at 96% of other stores and the prices are DEFINITELY better than any safeway/walgreens/cvs. Handle to handle, costco may have the edge but things that come in handles are never the best anyway, so that's the trade off there. Afterall, bevmo did give me:

plus some not pictured cognac and liqueurs last year

ohwell.gif
 place is too expensive
but i only drink beer anyway

Originally Posted by TacC4

BevMo is whack. Their club program sucks and their prices are no better than Safeway/Walgreens/CVS/Costco. Costco is the adult version of a candy store. Easy to grab 6 handles and kick rocks. True, they don't have as many brands as BevMo, but somehow I don't find myself wishing for some Llord's gin when I step into a Costco.

That's just not true man, where the hell do you live?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by curt2121

as a gold card vip, yes, it is HIGHLY appreciated. Especially if you're traveling in an area where you don't know the small specialty liquor shops. I don't drink beer, but from what my friends say it isn't good for cheap beer (guessing that's the above poster's issue), but the selection obviously surpasses most places. Can't go wrong liquor wise, they carry so many things you can't get at 96% of other stores and the prices are DEFINITELY better than any safeway/walgreens/cvs. Handle to handle, costco may have the edge but things that come in handles are never the best anyway, so that's the trade off there. Afterall, bevmo did give me:

plus some not pictured cognac and liqueurs last year
eek.gif

Bev-Mo
pimp.gif

congrats on the marriage. and grabbing a bottle of hendricks. best gin and tonic you can make.

Back
Top Bottom