Beyond the Controversy and Illuminati and all that: Think for the Present and the Future. Ted.com

TED.com
Ideas WORTH Spreading

"Riveting talks by remarkable people"

From the wiki:
TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) is a U.S private nonprofit foundation] best known for its conferences, now held in Europe and Asia as well as the U.S.Its lectures or TED Talks, widely disseminated on the internet, are remarkable for being subject to a strict time limit of 18 minutes regardless of aspeaker's eminence - referred to on occasion in jest as the TED commandment.

From the TED website:
"We believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and ultimately, the world. So we're building here a clearinghouse thatoffers free knowledge and inspiration from the world's most inspired thinkers, and also a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and eachother."

I see people thinking for themselves on this message board. However, I think this energy is put towards negative things. Like the recent MLK murder thread.Even if it were true, which is impossible to prove and a moot point in present day, all this banter does is alienate differing sides and foster paranoia,distrust, and anger. Why not use this thirst for thought and abundance of intellectual curiosity in a positive light? Learn something that will actually make adifference in this world? I understand the cynical nature of mankind but I think people have to move past that and try to direct their thoughts towards otherthings. If as many people interested in the JFK assassination read up on our impact on the environment, wouldn't that be better for us?? I just don'tsee the point sometimes. If all of these theories are true, doesn't that nullify the point of living??? We are all pawns no? The endgame is already set instone right?

/rant

Watch some the videos and pass them along. Very informative to say the least.

i watch ted talks all the time. i completely agree with OP. Alot of people caught up in the past, clinging on to the negative,
which in turn brings out more negativity.

Back
Top Bottom