Big Baller Brand Thread- Lonzo Ball's first sneaker the ZO2! UNDEFEATED NEVA LOSST!!

C_AmiMdW0AAT6_9.jpg

:lol:

$495 though................ :smh:

how long until he has a severe foot, lower body injury and the team he's on says he's not allowed to wear that shoe?

with how fast the game is played today i wouldn't wear that shoe if i was given it for free, not even just to give a review on it. they literally made a shoe less than a week after the big brands said screw off and they think they have the technology/research and development/etc all figured out?

it could be that this was a 'backup' and they've been working on it for a while but still extremely risky considering that his father thinks his family is worth a billion dollars.

Last edited:
The brand ultimately will hinge on the professional success and marketability of Lonzo Ball. It's all relative, but under armour took off when Steph did in the basketball market. 

The shoe is alright, but the BBB logo looks like a knock off brand you'd buy at a flea market.

I might be the only person that wants this to work out in the Ball's favor. Mainly for precedent reasons more than anything. If you plan to build a brand and an empire then OWN it, or at least own as much of it as you possibly can.

The odds might be stacked but usually anything idea that goes against the grain is not well received until it actually works.

Um...you realize if this works out it will just embolden the other companies to royally jack their prices up.

Um...you realize if this works out it will just embolden the other companies to royally jack their prices up.
Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron can't move mass market shoes at a $200 price point. Prices have come down across the board.

Curry's shoes retail at $140 and Lonzo's absolute best case is Curry.

Last edited:
:pimp:

Changing the game. I love it.

Shoes aren't bad, but they're not great. Either way, they can really affect change here should they do even marginally well. It'll be interesting to see how this goes.

I completely understand all the clowning of the shoe, price tag, etc. But everyone starts somewhere. And the ultimate goal of brand ownership is something I gotta respect.

You damn well don't start at $500. Like it was said before $100-$225, order confirmations would have been all over social media. At $500, no one is touching them. 

Also, a shipping date of Nov. 27th & no returns or exchanges doesn't help your start up brand. 

All great points.

However, they don't negate the fact that everyone starts somewhere. Lavar had a plan and made it happen. He's doing what many people have probably thought of, but didn't have the balls to try to pull off.

For the record, I'm not saying that this shoe is going to be a success. But they're breaking some barriers down by coming into the League with their own sig shoe. That's a win in my book.

Hmm if it was a regular priced shoe I might just cop out of curiosity (I did buy an alpha bounce lol). This all hinges on Lonzo's performance AND charisma. He seems to laid back to carry a whole brand but I wish them the best of luck.

It doesn't sound like the shoe has much performance tech in it unless they are a WIP. But based on the video promo and materials, it sounds like they are more concerned with having a signature shoe for status, not performance.

The brand ultimately will hinge on the professional success and marketability of Lonzo Ball. It's all relative, but under armour took off when Steph did in the basketball market. 

Steph had to win the MVP and a chip to even sell UA well, even when he won the MVP unanimously the next year but blew a huge lead that cost him a chip, his shoes' sales pretty much halted to a standstill.

Lonzo is going to have to do much, much more for people to even consider paying $500 a pop for his sneakers where if the sole separates after one wear and your sol. If he could win RoY, MVP and a chip to the Lakers this year, then maybe this venture would be a success but who realistically even believe that is possible though? :lol:

can you imagine someone wearing these other than lonzo in the league? LOL. or how about in a pickup game/ local league game? dude would get laughed off the court!

Either way he's already won. Espn can't stop giving this clown free press. You don't think UA would give anything for all this prime time free press. It's like when everyone roasted that Air Monarch looking low top Curry. You didn't see UA mad at the social media buzz.

I still refuse to believe that this shoe will ever see the light of day but this guy stays with his name in everyone's mouth.

Crying
I'll give him this, he's taken the art of being a clown to whole new heights. That tweet bothers me on several levels, but mainly because the bulk of the audience for signature sneakers and athletic wear is kids and younger people. I'm hardly a by the book, keep-your-mouth-shut-at-all-times guy, but that's a piss poor message from a grown man and father of a future NBA player.

As someone else touched on, I'm confused about who the target audience is for this garbage. If Lavar Ball thinks a lot of parents are going to buy these for their kids--and that would require kids wanting these in the first place, which is suspect at best--he's smoking crack. And as a grown up with a job who could theoretically afford these, and who has been buying sneakers for more than 25 years, they hold no appeal for me--and I suspect other sneakerheads of my age and income agree. So you've priced out the core audience for athletic shoes, and the older, more affluent crowd probably isn't onboard with you. Who does that leave? Who are these mythical people who want a basketball shoe priced high above other top-tier basketball shoes but below super high-end designer fashion sneakers? If they exist, I haven't met any of them. It's not WHAT he's trying to do that is ridiculous, it's HOW he's doing it that makes it a joke. 

Ppl talking aboit the coat and comparing it with other first sig shors dont understand business. Other shoes will be cheaper because they have big company money to play with. I am not saying the ahie is worth the price I am saying i understand the high price given they are independent. This is a huge leap in what we has seen in the past and I am sure most of you ( maybe not if you are in your mid 20''s) in this thread were saying the same thing about Under Armour making it in the basketball world and probably had the same things to say " looks cheap" nike rip off design " etc etc.....look at UA basketball now. It ia right in the conversation with Adidas and Nike replacing Reebok who had players like Allen Iverson and Shaq....

I am not a Lavar ball fan but I am a fan of his business mind and I feel Lonzo is good enough to get the movement going . Ppl laughing at the autograph pair but what would a first sig shoe ( name your favorite elite player) be worth today? Skip Jordan, Lebron Kobe, ....for the sake of argument say Shaq,A.I,Penny Hardaway, Jason Kidd, Kyrie Ivring , etc etc.....Uea it would sell for more than the asking price of the Lonzo shoe. Is it projecting he " will" be great before he actually is.....oh course it is but Lavar is selling his product......just as Brons agent did when selling Nike on a 90 million dollar deal before Bron ever dribbled a ball on an NBA court.

BTW, Reebok pulled oit of yhe running at the 90 million dollar price poont because bron was (like most in this thread say lonzo ball is) unproven....now in 2017 look where Reebok would have been if they stepped up and did what NO shoe company did before ....

Ppl talking aboit the coat and comparing it with other first sig shors dont understand business. Other shoes will be cheaper because they have big company money to play with. I am not saying the ahie is worth the price I am saying i understand the high price given they are independent. This is a huge leap in what we has seen in the past and I am sure most of you ( maybe not if you are in your mid 20''s) in this thread were saying the same thing about Under Armour making it in the basketball world and probably had the same things to say " looks cheap" nike rip off design " etc etc.....look at UA basketball now. It ia right in the conversation with Adidas and Nike replacing Reebok who had players like Allen Iverson and Shaq....

I am not a Lavar ball fan but I am a fan of his business mind and I feel Lonzo is good enough to get the movement going . Ppl laughing at the autograph pair but what would a first sig shoe ( name your favorite elite player) be worth today? Skip Jordan, Lebron Kobe, ....for the sake of argument say Shaq,A.I,Penny Hardaway, Jason Kidd, Kyrie Ivring , etc etc.....Uea it would sell for more than the asking price of the Lonzo shoe. Is it projecting he " will" be great before he actually is.....oh course it is but Lavar is selling his product......just as Brons agent did when selling Nike on a 90 million dollar deal before Bron ever dribbled a ball on an NBA court.

BTW, Reebok pulled oit of yhe running at the 90 million dollar price poont because bron was (like most in this thread say lonzo ball is) unproven....now in 2017 look where Reebok would have been if they stepped up and did what NO shoe company did before ....
Uhh you're forgetting two important things:

1. UA was a huge brand before it got into basketball

2. None of those brands is selling sig sneakers for $500.

Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron can't move mass market shoes at a $200 price point and they are the 3 most popular megastars of the last 30 years.. 

Curry's shoes retail at $140 and Lonzo's absolute best case is Curry.

You're just pointing out some successful business endeavors and not counting all the failures.

Let me ask you this since you think it's a great business idea, will you drop $500 for Lonzo's shoes?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom