BIG CITY NTers what's your monthly rent?

I'm living up in Minneapolis again this summer, and I have two options for living space:

1. Replacing a friend who is going to Connecticut for an internship... he lives in a brand new apartment space four blocks from the U of M. OG price was $450 a month but I haggled him down to $300 since no one else was trying to sublease. Only thing that sucks is that the building is about 100 feet from some loud traintracks that have trains going through all night
indifferent.gif

2. Frat house on frat row, I have a few buddies living there this summer and the original price was $270
eek.gif
which is unheard of. They have since gone back on their word and raised it to $400

I'm probably going with #1. I just wanted to see what other NTers were paying in the city... I know that both of these are basically steals but I won't exactly be making big figures this summer so I need to go cheap.

If I could pay that much for rent, I'd be out in no time
laugh.gif

It's hard enough finding a nice clean place in a good neighborhood for $1,000 near me.

I'm about to be paying $550 for an apartment with 3 friends.
But everyone having their own bathrooms>>>

I got a huge studio apt in downtown brooklyn (NYC) for $500
happy.gif

Edit:

Me4u2Night wrote:
DatZNasty wrote:
Me4u2Night wrote:
happy.gif

how'd you do that?

Lawton/Ft Sill, Oklahoma- I live in a recently built 1500 sq ft furnished apartment (including appliances and washer/dryer) ands tons of amenities for 650$ a month, all bills paid 2 bed 2 bath. But they have actually been price gauging rent something vicious the last few years because Fort Sill is bringing in some 50k soldiers over the next few yrs because of the ADA school and they know Military dudes get BHA and have money to pay whatever. So apartments that were like 450$ this time last yr, are literally 800$ with no renovations or any change made

It was my sister's apt a few years ago. When she got it, it was an open space in the basement of a 3 apt private house. 
She got it at a cheap price and renovated the entire place.

When she moved out to Hawaii for work I was able to take it over at that price.

right before i left for the army i was paying 1900 for rent plus i had to kick in for utilities in the Chi...

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

happy.gif

how'd you do that?

Lawton/Ft Sill, Oklahoma- I live in a recently built 1500 sq ft furnished apartment (including appliances and washer/dryer) ands tons of amenities for 650$ a month, all bills paid 2 bed 2 bath. But they have actually been price gauging rent something vicious the last few years because Fort Sill is bringing in some 50k soldiers over the next few yrs because of the ADA school and they know Military dudes get BHA and have money to pay whatever. So apartments that were like 450$ this time last yr, are literally 800$ with no renovations or any change made

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

I'm living up in Minneapolis again this summer, and I have two options for living space:

1. Replacing a friend who is going to Connecticut for an internship... he lives in a brand new apartment space four blocks from the U of M. OG price was $450 a month but I haggled him down to $300 since no one else was trying to sublease. Only thing that sucks is that the building is about 100 feet from some loud traintracks that have trains going through all night
indifferent.gif
I got a friend who goes to U of M who lives by the train and if its the same area...dont do it if you're big on sleep because the train will ruin it.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

happy.gif

how'd you do that?

It was my sister's apt a few years ago. When she got it, it was an open space in the basement of a 3 apt private house. 
She got it at a cheap price and renovated the entire place.

When she moved out to Hawaii for work I was able to take it over at that price.

Back
Top Bottom