Big Daddy Kane Explains what A Freestyle is... vol. most of NT doesnt know

He was describing a freestyle in the 80's. He said so 5 secs. into that.

It's funny how some of y'all always want to dismiss these cats until they say something that benefits you.

Anyways, to me, a freestyle will always be something off the top and on the spot.  Thus making it free of style cause you dont have time to make any adjustments. You just go with the flow and say what comes out freely.

laugh.gif

honestly i dont think the opinion of a non rapper matters in this case...

theres 2 types of freestyles...

the regular no written off the head *$*! that doesnt matter whatsoever

and the written jacked beat freestyle...

i prefer the latter...

Yeah but everybody's a rapper, or at least think they are at some point in their lives.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Yeah but everybody's a rapper, or at least think they are at some point in their lives.

i mean people who are actually serious... if u dont have no songs u not a rapper
laugh.gif

The track "Raw" with G. Rap was a freestyle.

There was an uncut version where G. Rap actually spit his verse from "The Symphony" I think.

i also consider writing to no beat a freestyle.  on some spoken word type steez.  people who are good at rhyming on the spot, off the dome usually don't make good songs... example: jin -  you're gonna learn chinese?!?!?  incredibly corny if you ask me.

That's interesting to hear...

I always thought freestyles were off the top, I like this explanation better. ANYTHING to reverse the Jay-Z effect.

Back
Top Bottom