Big foodie in NYC for the next two days for the Big East Tournament...put me on some cheap spots Bou

Right up there with some of the dumbest **** I've ever seen/heard.

Because people who like to eat food couldn't possibly eat anything healthy or exercise, right?

:lol:

Last edited:
So weird when someone refers to him / herself as a foodie. Just say you like to pig out. The ones I know who call themselves foodie are skinny for some reason.

If you're craving some tacos, tortas, or quesadillas late at night, there's an awesome food truck in Astoria. Not sure if it's still parked near the cvs.

Last edited:
Being a foodie has nothing to do with pigging out or being fat. It has to do with enjoying tasting new meals / exploring new dining establishments, all of which can easily be done in moderation. Man, NT you are some uncultured folks.

Nah, when my friends hit up popular, new spots they beast. Obsessed with food and always talking about it. Kinda weird.

Best Pizza Spot...

Koronet in Manhattan

You'll thank me later

Going to make a list of these pizza places. Only time i've eaten pizza in the city was when i'm drunk and get dollar slices from 2 Brothers Pizza.

Going to make a list of these pizza places. Only time i've eaten pizza in the city was when i'm drunk and get dollar slices from 2 Brothers Pizza.
Little Italy on 45th in the Diamond District is one the better pizzas I've had the area. Also cater to gluten free if that's your thing.

Go to Harlem for Amy Ruth's. Take the Q19 over the Triboro to Astoria for some eats there. Sandwich spot called Sal, Kris', and Charlie's.

Since you're going to the Big East Tourney, hit up Ktown, short walk from MSG.

The korean fried chicken at Bon Chon
5 Dumplings for $1 at Prosperity Dumpling in Chinatown
Artichoke Pizza
Shake Shack for burgers, I heard JG Melon makes a decent burger, and Whitman's near St. Mark's Place
Cronuts at Dominique Ansel Bakery were alright... just cool to say you had one. If you're gonna go, get the DKA. Much better, no hassle.
La Dinastia on 72nd st... it looks like it's stuck in the 80's, but the fried chicken is delicious.

I'll come back when I can think of more. Enjoy, dude!

:lol: @ some of yall never hearing of people referring to themselves as foodies.

Nothing better than going to a new city and trying some of their best spots. :pimp:

*Bon Chon/Shake Shack are chains...you can get that anywhere.

Last edited:
Little Italy on 45th in the Diamond District is one the better pizzas I've had the area. Also cater to gluten free if that's your thing.
Thanks, repped. Will check that place out.

So is a foodie just a person who thinks they eat better than other people? Am I missing something?

So is a foodie just a person who thinks they eat better than other people? Am I missing something?

A foodie, to me, is someone who enjoys eating different/new things. Almost hobby-like.

No one said there is a pretentiousness that goes along with it. Yall are making it more than it should be.

For pizza in Brooklyn go to L&B Spumoni Gardens. Order a Sicilian and a Spumoni afterwards. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

A foodie, to me, is someone who enjoys eating different/new things. Almost hobby-like.

No one said there is a pretentiousness that goes along with it. Yall are making it more than it should be.

No no, that makes sense

In my honest opinion, some of the best food spots are in the "hood" as some may call it. You definitely want to take a trip out there

Best chicken spot:
Kennedy Fried Chicken
18803 Jamaica Ave in queens

Best Pizza Spot:
Linden fried chicken, pizza and ribs in East New York by the pink houses
2582 Linden Boulvard in Brooklyn

Enjoy your trip
The best advice in here so far.

I always make it a point to stop at 2 Bros pizza when Im in NY

The one on 32 St Marks Pl is probably the best out of all the locations. Once I stopped by the one next to Time Square one drunk night and almost threw the slice away. Tasted like those other cheap pizza joints. 

:lol: @ some of yall never hearing of people referring to themselves as foodies.

Nothing better than going to a new city and trying some of their best spots. :pimp:

*Bon Chon/Shake Shack are chains...you can get that anywhere.

Although they are chains, they aren't in every city, and still make some of the best burgers/chicken that I've had.

But I agree, one of the best things about visiting a new city is grubbing at all the famous local spots. I need to travel more often.

Go to Chelsea market. It has a lot of stuff for foodies:
- Vietnamese fusion sandwiches
- lobster rolls
- I would mention Questlove's fried chicken and dumpling place but it closed down
- Austrailian pot pies and rolls
- oyster bar
- etc

Smorgasburg in Williamsburg, BK is even bigger with all these foodie fusion stuff that I can't even begin listing them all.

- from one foodie to another

Back
Top Bottom