Big foodie in NYC for the next two days for the Big East Tournament...put me on some cheap spots Bou

I know this is a recurring post to an extent around here, but just now I decided to go stay with a friend I haven't seen in awhile in Astoria for the next two days to watch my beloved Providence Friars play in the Big East Tournament...

Anyways, haven't been to NYC since 2004ish - I know a lot has changed, and I was just a young dude then. I'm huge into food and the food scene, though out here we don't have much besides pizza haha

If I wasn't just deciding to go as of this minute I'd do a bunch of research myself, but I know this is the best place to go to find out quick info on some cheap, great, places while I'm out there...

I'm looking for

The best pizza spots

The best chicken spots (fried or however)

The best food trucks 

I don't eat red meat so nothing beef/steak wise...also, no sit down spots....I know the halal carts are a big thing on here, if memory serves me correct its all about 53rd and 6th? 

Either way, look forward to trying out as many rec's as I can today and tomorrow, and early Sunday....FOOD thread be on my lookout

Also, my boy at work says he's pretty sure Astoria is far from all the good stuff in Manhattan? I thought everything was generally close, but I'm ignorant when it comes to NYC, so I hope I'm not screwed food wise 
mean.gif

EDIT - Yes I am ignorant as I had no idea Astoria meant Queens

Last edited:
In my honest opinion, some of the best food spots are in the "hood" as some may call it. You definitely want to take a trip out there

Best chicken spot:
Kennedy Fried Chicken
18803 Jamaica Ave in queens

Best Pizza Spot:
Linden fried chicken, pizza and ribs in East New York by the pink houses
2582 Linden Boulvard in Brooklyn

Enjoy your trip

Last edited:
i always thought astoria was like a 15 min train ride from manhattan?

well guess i was wrong

Last edited:
Kennedy Fried Chicken :lol: & the pink houses

Don't listen to any of that. Gonna wind up being a real-life interlude on the next Puffy album.

Steak ’n Shake Signature - W 53rd and Broadway for burgers or Big Nick's on W. 71st

I would look at timeout.com for more choices because NYC is huge. Unless you trust NT more

Last edited:
i always thought astoria was like a 15 min train ride from manhattan?

well guess i was wrong

It is. Specifically the Upper East Side.

For cheap I would recommend Veronica's Dumpling House (though I'll admit i haven't been there in years)

Gray's Papaya

If you find yourself in a 'bad' neighborhood / can spend the rest of the day violently ********, try White Castle.

Last edited:
The best pizza in Astoria is Rizzos. Tell them its your first time there.
Address is 30-13 Steinway Street.

Artichoke pizza

Any good spot for chicken

There's a lobster sandwich truck in BK, forgot the name

In Astoria there a brazil burger spot called New York Pão de Queijo (31-90 30th St Astoria, NY) and it's very good. Real thick burgers.

Bookmarked. I work in the neighborhood so I will probably check this out.

The best pizza in Astoria is Rizzos. Tell them its your first time there.
Address is 30-13 Steinway Street.
Thanks for this, probably try that tonight. What's delivery like in the area? Fast I assume, I'm the type of guy that never gets it in RI since everything is close I just go and pick it up...but better to order a pizza for delivery? Simple question prob but figure I'll find out as much as I can before I arrive

I need to try some chicken like Bon Chon while i'm out there

I wouldn't order delivery. I mean you can if you want, but since you're only in town for a few days, go walking, do some people watching, build up an appetite, then chow down on some thin crust.

Foodie = fat ***.

53rd and 6th always gets mentioned. If you had one plate of Halal food, you had it all. It's all the same.

In my honest opinion, some of the best food spots are in the "hood" as some may call it. You definitely want to take a trip out there

Best chicken spot:
Kennedy Fried Chicken
18803 Jamaica Ave in queens

Best Pizza Spot:
Linden fried chicken, pizza and ribs in East New York by the pink houses
2582 Linden Boulvard in Brooklyn

Enjoy your trip

37-Ski-Mask-Way.gif

Yea Come thru B.

Back
Top Bottom