Big Grams [Big Boi & Phantogram] - EP

View media item 1726772http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/stream-...ms-collaborative-ep-big-grams-news.17788.html

The time has come. Big Boi’s & Phantogram’s new collaborative project, Big Grams, is officially out on iTunes.

Deeper than your typical project, each of the 7 tracks on the project are intended to be paired with one of the seven deadly sins, which includes lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride.

“The Seven Deadly Sins, also known as the Cardinal Sins, are the most severe, immortal acts that poor, fallen man can commit. WRATH, GREED, SLOTH, PRIDE, LUST, ENVY, and GLUTTONY are the transgressions that almost certainly guarantee the eternal doom of a soul.”

However, what is these character flaws were celebrated, rather than condemned? That’s the idea and concept behind this new project from Big Grams.

Lead by the previously heard “Fell In The Sun,” Lights On”, & “Goldmine Junkie” records, Big Grams features guest appearances from Skrillex & Run The Jewels.

I hadn't heard anything about the 7 deadly sins angle but this album is dope. Looking forward to a physical release on vinyl next month.

Big Boi's one of a fraction of rappers who does this left field/off the radar stuff very well. I don't know what makes his stuff appealing vs other rappers who try to do the same. The track with Run These Jewels :smokin

great beats...love big boi...get a lil tired of him talkin about 'the d' tho

Yep. Basically this entire EP that's all he rapped about. This is a fun record so I wasn't really expecting anything too deep. But dude dumbed it down a ton. Kind of ruins it for me.

On paper this collab seems like it couldn't miss. And their records together on Big's last album were amazing. I just don't think that translated over to a longer project very well. It's a good record but not really anything I see myself listening to for more than a month.

Big Boi is one of my favorites but this **** isn't my type of music. Can't get into this sound.

who is phantogram?
rejoice.png
rejoice.png

Back
Top Bottom