Bigger Impact: Michael Jackson or J.K Rowling??

I think its hard to actually gauge a concrete answer. It's 2 different types of "media" Music and books. Then you have to deal with different generations that will have different opinions.

Yo I'm about to end this debate EVERYBODY ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH KNOWS WHO MICHAEL IS not everybody knows who harry potter is 40 years of great music the man sold 100 million copied before he turned 21He sold 140 million copies in the 80's alone thriller 110 bad 30 million 5 #1 singles off one album (bad)And in the 90's another 58 million (dangerous 33 million) history 20 and blood on the dance floor 5 million He has done everything that u can do in music records that cannot be brokenAnd his last stand he sold 50 concerts in I think 4 hours without having an album In 8 years if that's not epic than I don't know what it is And Check my Avy come at me bros

People were almost commiting suicide when MJ died. They wanted to go out with homie.

Spoiler [+]
.. JK who?

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

are you serious? most people dont even know what that $$% looks like

This.  I didn't know who JK Rowling is until I read this thread.  I'm sure I could probably walk down the block and ask people if they heard of JK Rowling and they probably wouldn't know what she looks like.  It is a woman right?  Or is it a he?

Somebody post a pic of this JK so we know who he/she looks like. 

Originally Posted by jm2000

People were almost commiting suicide when MJ died. They wanted to go out with homie.

.. JK who?

Werd...
People getting dedication tattoos of MJ

MJ>JK 

R.I.P. The King of Pop

Originally Posted by marmourjr

Originally Posted by jm2000

.. JK who?

Werd...
People getting dedication tattoos of MJ

MJ>JK 

R.I.P. The King of Pop

I know a girl with a MJ tattoo

I'm guessing most of these youngins will say JK because they grew up at the height of her fame while MJ had already peaked. I guarantee if you're old enough to have been around for MJ's rise and peak in the 80's and 90's, this wouldn't even be a question.

I don't listen to Michael Jackson's music or read any of J.K Rowling's Harry Potter books, so neither of them has an "impact" or "influence" on me.

Not directed at anyone here, but I feel a lot of people just say "MJ is the G.O.A.T" or "MJ is so amazing" without really knowing who the man is or what his accomplishments are; they just say it because everyone else is. Keep in mind, some of these same people were the ones who made fun of Jackson, disrespected him, or even wished death upon him prior to his death in '09.

To answer OP's question...It's all based on who you ask. Most teens and young adults would probably say Rowling, while the older folks would say Jackson.

Originally Posted by VietStar

I don't listen to Michael Jackson's music or read any of J.K Rowling's Harry Potter books, so neither of them has an "impact" or "influence" on me.

Not directed at anyone here, but I feel a lot of people just say "MJ is the G.O.A.T" or "MJ is so amazing" without really knowing who the man is or what his accomplishments are; they just say it because everyone else is. Keep in mind, some of these same people were the ones who made fun of Jackson, disrespected him, or even wished death upon him prior to his death in '09.

To answer OP's question...It's all based on who you ask. Most teens and young adults would probably say Rowling, while the older folks would say Jackson.
Are you saying that these people would not say that "MJ is so amazing" if they knew what all of his accomplishments were?  Or are you just talking out of your buttcrack?

Originally Posted by cguy610

Are you saying that these people would not say that "MJ is so amazing" if they knew what all of his accomplishments were?  Or are you just talking out of your buttcrack?
I don't really understand your question, guy.

He's conversing from his hindquarters.  How do you know that THEY don't know what his accomplishments are?
laugh.gif
  And did you do a SN check of pre and post MJ death?  If not, see my first sentence.

As for the dingbat of an OP who birthed this thread.....

indifferent.gif

Stop it son. JK is not touching MJ. Movies are cool and all but she doesn't transition through generations like Mike does. I'm 19 years old and I remember singing Michael Jackson songs as a kid with my mother, son. That's wild. Books only appeal to some people. Hood (%&*&% mess with Michael. How many hood dudes you ever heard of reading Harry Potter? That's a whole demographic she can't even reach...

Originally Posted by gumsoul410

Stop it son. JK is not touching MJ. Movies are cool and all but she doesn't transition through generations like Mike does. I'm 19 years old and I remember singing Michael Jackson songs as a kid with my mother, son. That's wild. Books only appeal to some people. Hood (%&*&% mess with Michael. How many hood dudes you ever heard of reading Harry Potter? That's a whole demographic she can't even reach...
this. i remember reading biggie cried when he met MJ before he died. thats some serious %!##.
MJ > anybody really. the effect that man had on the world is UNREAL. I have never met one person in my life who didnt know who michael jackson was.

I don't really understand your question, guy.
I'm asking how you know that these people don't know what MJ's accomplishments are?

Furthermore, just because people made fun of MJ doesn't mean that those same people didn't respect his skills, accomplishments and contributions. 

Back
Top Bottom