Biggest Disappointment in the NBA this season

Joined Oct 13, 2004
Whats up NT,

With the season coming down to the last game tonight, I wanted to see what you
guys felt was the biggest disappointment in the NBA this season..

First, I think its Gil for obvious reasons.  But a close second has to be the addition of Ron Artest.
Dude has shown a glimpse or two (literally) of how he's capable of playing.  He seems slow, unmotivated,
and gets blocked every time he goes to the hole.  Yes I'm a Laker fan, and yes I miss Trevor Ariza.

I was all for this move when it happened, but now I wish we had Ariza back

Joined Feb 7, 2008
i read somewhere Lakers are +6 points in something in defensive efficiency

or some defensive statistic

and no way ron artest THAT big of a disappointment this season, Rasheed is far worse

notorious 858

Banned
Joined Jun 11, 2009
Richard Jefferson !!!!

Spurs fans especially doo be doo thought him, Mcdyess, Blair would make the Spurs title contenders again this season.

im not you

Banned
Joined May 29, 2009
Just from the way Artest played Melo this year alone he was worth it all. Melo was licking his chops when he saw Ariza in front of him last year.

Joined Dec 6, 2007
Stop hating on Ron. you look at what ariza does at Houston and think he's better? Dont put the blame on Ron, put it on the Lakers as a whole. He's new, triangle offense is a very difficult intricite system to learn. And once the playoffs start and you see his D, youll be saying "Trevor-who??"

Joined Sep 7, 2006
The Craptors...everyone expected them to comfortably make the playoffs and possibly finish 4th. This team is on the outside looking in and will get destroyed by the LeBrons if they do make it.

Joined Mar 12, 2004
Dudes still slurpin Ariza, we made Ariza he didnt make us. You Ariza lovers are the same dudes that wouldve signed Shannon to a max deal. Let it go man.

Anyways my biggest disappointment of the year was not getting to see Blake compete with the rest of this stellar rookie class.

Joined Nov 18, 2007
Originally Posted by chicksNkicks

Whats up NT,

With the season coming down to the last game tonight, I wanted to see what you
guys felt was the biggest disappointment in the NBA this season..

First, I think its Gil for obvious reasons.  But a close second has to be the addition of Ron Artest.
Dude has shown a glimpse or two (literally) of how he's capable of playing.  He seems slow, unmotivated,
and gets blocked every time he goes to the hole.  Yes I'm a Laker fan, and yes I miss Trevor Ariza.

I was all for this move when it happened, but now I wish we had Ariza back
I have probably watched about a dozen or so Laker games this year.  I said it when it happened....I still say it now.  I dont understand how any intelligent basketball fan can possibly think that Ariza > Artest now, or the near future.  Sure, 3-4 years down the road...but now?  Absolutely not.

Joined Sep 5, 2005
A lot of fans are still riding the Ariza train?? That train has come and gone, move on. He's not coming back anytime soon.

To blame Ron Artest for the Lakers struggles is ridiculous. Artest is definitely coming off a career low in scoring, but so is the Lakers bench.

Biggest disappointment in the NBA in general, was Blake Griffin's injury.

Joined Oct 11, 2007
The Nets probably. People were talking up there core being up there for a playoff spot. Harris was supposed to expand on his breakout year. Jesus Christ got traded to them. CDR and T-Will were gonna add depth. I'd put them up there just off the top of my head.

notorious 858

Banned
Joined Jun 11, 2009
I'd also say Allen Ivseron but nobody was really surprised how things went for him this season in Memphis & Philly

Joined May 19, 2004
Don Nelson. Dude simply had to give Devean George more minutes if he wanted to make the Warriors competitive

What a piece of ++*#.

Joined Oct 13, 2004
Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Dudes still slurpin Ariza, we made Ariza he didnt make us. You Ariza lovers are the same dudes that wouldve signed Shannon to a max deal. Let it go man.

Anyways my biggest disappointment of the year was not getting to see Blake compete with the rest of this stellar rookie class.
Nobody is slurping on Ariza. All I'm saying is I thought Ron would have more of an impact on the game than he does right now.  Us making Ariza is all fine and dandy, but Ariza did help us win a championship, and through his play, was a game changer. 
Again, Rons my boy, but I feel like his play was sub par this season.  Basically, I expected a lot more.

Joined Nov 22, 2006

Oden wasn't putting up eye-popping stats (11 PPG and 8.5 RPG in about 24 MPG) but he made an impact in games. I hope he recovers and reaches whatever potential he has left.

do be doo

Banned
Joined Mar 13, 2009
Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Richard Jefferson !!!!

Spurs fans especially doo be doo thought him, Mcdyess, Blair would make the Spurs title contenders again this season.
Blair has not been a disappointment this season...
Richard Jefferson has time to make up for it come playoff time...

Mcdyess >>> Sheed....so no complaints here. 

Joined Jun 13, 2005
most of these 'disappointments' were brought in for the playoffs.

Postpone this thread until they are done....

billy hoyle

Banned
Joined Feb 1, 2010
Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Rasheed Wallace? For some reason, people thought he was going to make a difference.
should of went to the spurs, im sure tim duncan and pop would have kept him in check.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now