Biggie is NOT THE KING OF NY

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Harlem can handle this on his own...but the shots at Jay are unnesscary as usual...this dude cracks me up lol

Big was/is the King of NY...but lets be clear we not talkin MJ status in bball here...

N's always end up on two diff tangents in arguments like these..."King of NY" DOES NOT EQUAL "Greatest Rapper Ever" just to be clear

to say Big wasnt the King of NY during his "short" career is foolish but to say NO ONE has equally won the right to posess that title is just as equally foolish
the best thing ive read the whole thread
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this again? just let it die...everyone has their own opinion which means at the end of the day our opinions mean absolutely nothing to the next man...To me,Christopher George Latore Wallace will always be the king of NY

Everything Harlem saying is truth, but fam you seem extra corny and petty with the whole "camel" thing. Other than that though dude is backing mostof his statements with valid points while OP really aint saying much

Seriously tho...

BIG can be King of NY. At THIS POINT who really cares...

NY hip hop has NOT been the same since the 90's golden era where having that title would have credibility as NY artists where dropping classics left toright (See NaS, Wu Tang & all their solo albums, Jay-Z, DMX, Mobb Deep, Big L, Big Pun, Tribe Called Quest, KRS-One, etc. etc.). If you are talking TODAYand debating on who's King Of NY, that's more of a discussion of who's the best in NY that's LEFT STANDING which really doesn't mean agreat deal as the competition or the state of NY Hip-Hop is NOWHERE, I repeat NOWHERE, near the 90's golden era in which BIG was given the moniker basedupon the aforementioned list of relevant NY rappers from that era (see above). Let's be real, times have changed...get over it. The term King Of NY oncemeant everything as a NY rapper...today, it really holds LITTLE weight as hip-hop has gone a different direction where it's gone from the East to the Westback to the East to COMPLETELY mainstream then to the South and now is treated like mainstream pop music. My point being, today, the MAJORITY of relevanthip-hop artists are NO LONGER from New York, they are everywhere...even Toronto. It's no longer an NY thing, it's become a "universal" thing(literally). LoL

All that said, to those debating if Jay is the King Of New York lets be real: Jay-Z = AMBASSADOR of hip-hop.

To me that's a more fitting title for him. Dude is well past trying to claim "King of NY status".... Yes, no one can deny Jay went after thethrown after BIG passed and even said tried claiming it in his music. When all is said and done, if you are talking RIGHT now, SOMEHOW someway this dudemanaged to be bigger than the "King of NY", he became an ambassador to all of this. ELEVEN #1 albums (only 2nd to the Beatles), to being a guest atObama's inaguration (hell Obama even imitated him), to performing live at the World Series TWICE (second at the parade), to signing a $110 million 10 yearcontract with LiveNation, to having his own MAJOR commericals (HP, Budweiser, etc), to being on ESPN, to owning stakes in businesses (Roc-A-Wear, 40/40, Nets,etc.), to being a featured guest on Oprah, to performing with Coldplay, U2 & Linkin Park, to being listed on Forbes as the highest paid rapper....list goeson. My point is, Jay-Z is after GLOBAL status, not just NY. Let's be real.

Back
Top Bottom