Bill Murray is... The Most Awesome Man in the World

It's no secret that Bill Murray likes to show up unexpectedly in uncanny places and have a little fun with the mere mortals around him.

Sometimes this means sliding around on a baseball field during a rain delay, other times it means riding an elevator with two HuffPost Comedy editors.

This past Sunday, the comedy legend dropped in on a New York City kickball game and had a little fun with the 20-somethings in the league.

If it sounds too good to be true, check out the photo below and the read an interview with a guy who was at the game here

"He was dressed kind of like a homeless guy going to play sports, but apparently he does this all the time…very "loud" crazy bright colors/patterns when playing golf especially. He took pictures with everyone and even picked up [my friend] Margaret's mom! I looked at him and asked "Bill Murray, what are you doing here?" He put his hand out, shook mine and said, "Oh, ya know just wanted to kick the ball around.""

There's an entire website devoted to random Bill Murray sightings http://www.billmurraystory.com/

Then there is him at SXSW http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/sxsw-2012-bill-murray-watch-live-blog_n_1307350.html

Or Bill Murray running around crashing NYC parties http://www.nypost.com/pagesixmag/issues/20081207/Bill+Murray+NYCs+New+Party+Boy

Or surprising strangers in the park "Then again, perhaps he's just toying with us all. There's an urban legend that's gone round until no one is sure who it happened to, or if it happened at all. It was late one night, a few years ago, when a young man was walking through Union Square Park. He suddenly felt someone behind him, their hands over his eyes. When he turned in surprise, there was Bill Murray, his creased face leaning in close. Bill whispered, "No one is ever going to believe you," and then just walked away."

Sliding around on a tarp during a Minor League Rain Delay:

It is safe to say... Bill Murray is the most awesome man in the world.

Last edited:
That "no one is ever going to believe you" story got me weak :rofl:

That "no one is ever going to believe you" story got me weak :rofl:

Really tho, this is the sort of stuff I'd love to do if I was famous. Just mess with people and know that they'll never be able/want to you on it haha

Last edited:
:lol:

theCHIVE EXCLUSIVE: If you're a fan of Bill Murray, you're going to love this story.
One of our users named Mike (pictured above) is a very lucky man. I was sent these photo after he and his friends went out to have a few drinks at their local Karaoke bar, Karaoke One 7 in NYC. Shortly after their arrival, Mike noticed that a couple women had just walked into the place with a man that looked a lot like… Bill Murray?! The crew went out to confirm that the man, was in fact, Bill Murray himself. Mike's friend even mustered the courage to invite Bill to chill in their room, but they just laughed it off. There's no way that was going to happen.

I'll let Mike take it from here:

"About 15 minutes later we get a knock on the door... IT'S BILL **#KING MURRAY! We were all shocked of course but at that point we were already pretty trashed so the party just kept going. He was super nice and they all fit right in. His girl was really cute, and as far as i remember, from Amsterdam. She sang a bunch of random French songs!
At some point he bought us all a round of some weird green drink and wouldn't tell us what it was. I later found out it was Chartreuse some French liqueur made by monks. Apparently you are supposed to sip it ... like an idiot I just shot it down.
The high point was when Bill and I sang a duet of an Elvis song called, "Marie's the Name." Random I know, but so was the night. We were all drinking and dancing and screaming our ***** off.
We tried not to make him feel uncomfortable though of course later we all joked about picking the Ghostbusters theme. Amazingly, they stuck around the entire night, about 4 hours. As you can imagine it was all pretty surreal. Something I will never ever forget…Viva Bill Murray!"

Bill Murray at an Austin, Texas House Party in 2010

:pimp: We really are not worthy

Last edited:
id love to go out and drink all night with Bill. he seems like a cool cat.

he came into my restaurant looks me dead in the eye and stops walking and says "where da foooooood attttt?" i just started laughing and he just kept it moving. :lol:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Imagine what it was like during the first few seasons of SNL man.

Back
Top Bottom