bill o'rielly right or wrong for his comments

I wonder who bore the brunt of oppression and forced labor, shedding blood for centuries so that immigrants could even have a nation to come to and hustle?

And last time I checked a lot of the nations that these pure hearted, morally perfect, super intelligent, perpetually working immigrants come from are festering crap holes......why do we have a never ending discussion about the shortcomings of the culture and character of their ethnic homelands?

Can we start talking about Indian rape culture and corruption, Indonesian gangsterism, rampant Southeast Asian prostitution, drug running and violent crimes, or nah?

Where did it get lost that everyone should be hustling in this country-- immigrants and American-borns alike?

:rofl: :rofl: :smh: Man the things some of you all say.

A lot of different things have to be considered when speaking on this subject.

You absolutely CANNOT bring other races into this and try to compare because believe it or not... the experiences are NOT the same.

If you think they are then you don't have a clue.

Last edited:
I wonder who bore the brunt of oppression and forced labor, shedding blood for centuries so that immigrants could even have a nation to come to and hustle?

And last time I checked a lot of the nations that these pure hearted, morally perfect, super intelligent, perpetually working immigrants come from are festering crap holes......why do we have a never ending discussion about the shortcomings of the culture and character of their ethnic homelands?

Can we start talking about Indian rape culture and corruption, Indonesian gangsterism, rampant Southeast Asian prostitution, drug running and violent crimes, or nah?

Where did it get lost that everyone should be hustling in this country-- immigrants and American-borns alike?

Probably got lost with you and people that think like you because everyone is out here hustling to survive and prosper. Different people are just faced with different challenges.

To think otherwise goes against reality, natural law and logic. It also shines a light on a prejudicial and ethnocentric world view.

Last edited:
"White people's" opinion on the "Black" community have no bearing on my life and no place in our reality.

Doesn't matter what he or any outsider has to say.

Not wasting minutes of my life on any of this foolishness.

I'm curious about this.

To you, would a salient point that was made anonymously lose it's value if you discovered it was coming from a white person?

"White people's" opinion on the "Black" community have no bearing on my life and no place in our reality.

Doesn't matter what he or any outsider has to say.

Not wasting minutes of my life on any of this foolishness.

I'm curious about this.

To you, would a salient point that was made anonymously lose it's value if you discovered it was coming from a white person?

No it wouldn't but what good is an anonymous salient point in the grand scheme of things.

If the person that made that salient point cared enough, they would attempting to do progressive work instead of making anonymous barbs.

As black people, we can make our own salient points about our own condition. There's libraries full of salient points...

50 years ago O' Reilly, with his brand of powdered up, socially accepted racism, would have been one of those vocal bigots in support of lynchings and legalized oppression. Still to this day, he talks out of one side of his mouth about the ills of the black community, while supporting causes which actively derail our modern progress.

Should we be so naive to continually feed into these distractions?

Should I be in awe of his analysis of my reality? Come on, man. This stuff is an insult to our collective intelligence and y'all are so detached from our situation that you don't even see it.

That's why Black folks talk their lungs out trying to get people to see things from their perspective...but that will never happen.

We have to trust in our own interpretation and intelligence...continually pressing forward in spite of the detractors and commentators.

Last edited:
had this been someone else it would've had some validity or at least would be worthy of consideration, but i think most intelligent people have experienced enough of this man's sideway rants to realize that a comment like this is most likely not coming from a good place - one where you build, shape and positively influence others

quite the contrary - bill o'reilly's comments come from a deep-rooted ignorance and distrust of anyone who isn't like his lily-white ***, so that automatically excludes him from the conversation because he's there to simply criticize, knock down and provoke

he got no business talking about this kind of stuff. as if his morality and ethics are far superior to those he talks about. please

East and South Asian immigrants came to this country far later than Blacks and with a smaller community and less means to support themselves. Talk about systemic shortcomings all you want, but when Indian and Asian parents come to this country with no money and not speaking a word of English and still manage to save and sacrifice and push their kids to value education (to the point where they're not even considered minorities anymore for academic admissions purposes, despite being a large racial minority in America), you have to stop blaming the institutions left and right. Yes, there are fewer opportunities, but it's cultural more than anything.

This "environment not being conducive for success" talk needs to stop. You just have to shut up, make sacrifices and work hard.
boy you slow

you do know if the savages in europe didn't rape africa the way they did the world infrastructure would be dramatically different......kinda sad when you think about it 

While blacks were the first to begin civilization...Europeans were in caves battling with each other trying to shield themselves from the harsh, cold climate. These conditions are partly responsible for their cold nature, and inhumane treatment towards people of color. 

Europeans were roped off from civilization, but eventually they broke the barrier and came in...the rest in history. It was the inherent aggressive nature of the Europeans which caused so much confusion among the original people, along with the utter destruction of black civilization. 

^ A white man wrote this book, and it's very much authentic. 

In turn we get the creation of His story.

I wish the truth was told more in school instead of the story of blacks arriving off the slave ships. 

The true Barbarians were always white people, and that's a fact. 

If it wasn't for the Moors, Europe would not have made it out of the Dark Ages. 

^ This also gives an account of the destructive nature Europeans brought the world over. 

Never forget who the original man was.

No it wouldn't but what good is an anonymous salient point in the grand scheme of things.

If the person that made that salient point cared enough, they would attempting to do progressive work instead of making anonymous barbs.

As black people, we can make our own salient points about our own condition. There's libraries full of salient points...

I was speaking hypothetically.

I simply wanted to see if you would have open ears to a statement without race being a factor. Though, I do understand that race IS the major factor in this discussion.

Also, I am by no means an O'Reilly fan or supporter. I didn't even listen to what he said.

Take care of our community and more than most of the of the problems would go away.

Simple solution.

All this talking about the past and what happened to our forefathers is disrespectful to them because they wouldn't complain about it.

I was speaking hypothetically.

I simply wanted to see if you would have open ears to a statement without race being a factor. Though, I do understand that race IS the major factor in this discussion.

Also, I am by no means an O'Reilly fan or supporter. I didn't even listen to what he said.

I hear you.

It's moreso about intention than race when it comes to any type of discussion. I rock with the inclusive attitude of our generation and how we can band together regardless of "color" to enjoy culture and fight for change.

I'm all for mobilizing and attacking problems that we have common interests in solving....

But I'm not naive enough to ignore the basic laws of self-preservation and self-interest. When push comes to shove, every collective (and individual) has their own best interests at heart.

Last edited:
The curriculum is eurocentric...and how do you think that plays on the psyche of minorities in school?

So much truth in this :smh: In Texas they've basically re-written history in textbooks. Also there was quite a debate in my school system since some of the reading comphrension passages were stories 99% of the students couldn't relate to like "hunting in the winter" and being able to understand the vocabulary when we were a bunch of minority children from the inner-city...in Texas. We had never even seen snow :smh: :lol: but of course the arguments to change those things never went anywhere and we get to learn things like:

evolution is fake
Islam is bad
global warming isn't real
strong white leaders were behind the civil rights movement
there are no latinos in TX history etc.

:lol: **** really? im gonna ask a friend who is from texas if her education was this backwards.

I'd say drugs and family structure is becoming an American problem instead of an exclusively black one. We have what is in my opinion a disturbing addiction to narcotics and a family structure that is slowly becoming extinct. In my HS, the amount of kids from single parent homes was greater then those from two patent homes.

The curriculum is eurocentric...and how do you think that plays on the psyche of minorities in school?

So much truth in this :smh: In Texas they've basically re-written history in textbooks. Also there was quite a debate in my school system since some of the reading comphrension passages were stories 99% of the students couldn't relate to like "hunting in the winter" and being able to understand the vocabulary when we were a bunch of minority children from the inner-city...in Texas. We had never even seen snow :smh: :lol: but of course the arguments to change those things never went anywhere and we get to learn things like:

evolution is fake
Islam is bad
global warming isn't real
strong white leaders were behind the civil rights movement
there are no latinos in TX history etc.

:lol: **** really? im gonna ask a friend who is from texas if her education was this backwards.

:x :rofl: :smh: this definitely wasn't part of the Texas curriculum I had growing up. For awhile now though, I have wondered exactly what is part of the educational curriculum in elementary and middle school currently. I just wonder what exactly is touched on today compared to what people between 22-30 had at that same time, mostly regarding the past. Very curious to see what is in depth and what is glossed over.

While blacks were the first to begin civilization...Europeans were in caves battling with each other trying to shield themselves from the harsh, cold climate. These conditions are partly responsible for their cold nature, and inhumane treatment towards people of color. 

Europeans were roped off from civilization, but eventually they broke the barrier and came in...the rest in history. It was the inherent aggressive nature of the Europeans which caused so much confusion among the original people, along with the utter destruction of black civilization. 

View media item 514361

^ A white man wrote this book, and it's very much authentic. 

In turn we get the creation of His story.

I wish the truth was told more in school instead of the story of blacks arriving off the slave ships. 

The true Barbarians were always white people, and that's a fact. 

If it wasn't for the Moors, Europe would not have made it out of the Dark Ages. 

View media item 514362

^ This also gives an account of the destructive nature Europeans brought the world over. 

Never forget who the original man was.

I haven't read the iceman inheritance but I do know about the author, and he isn't making the argument you are. It's more of a flipped aryan mentality, notice he isn't categorizing all whites as the aggressive racists. It talks more about how there is a special group of descendants that posses this aggressiveness and racism. This group is the special group of racist are the bad race, who are these people?

Well straight from his website: "Now, assuming this sort of concentration of Neanderthal DNA in the Caucasus Middle East, that "1 to 4" percent (or, now, six percent) of world population suddenly becomes very significant indeed. It means that the Semitic peoples of the Middle East -- Jews, Arabs and others (like Armenians) -- must, therefore, be substantially Neanderthal."

Perfect way to band together the good whites and the blacks against the inferior race composed of Jews (what a surprise), Arabs, and Armenians (like myself).

:lol:

Bradley is a troll and not a scholar in any form. Please don't try to cite him in your arguments giving them credit because he's white writing something you think is pro-black when it's really anti-someone else

Don't believe me? More from his website:

"The Semitic peoples, originally of the Middle East but now residents of many countries by migration, have made positive cultural contributions to humanity in terms of some Jewish creativity in music, literature, medicine and mathematics. Less well known are the Arab innovations in mathematics, medicine and astro-navigation. There have also been many Jewish and Arab contributions to our understanding of Eurasian history and even true "humanism" -- but we must always be wary of hidden agendas in some of this work."

this one, I can't even : "This man's work significantly inspired the multi-racial and sexual coalition resulting in Barack Obama's victory in the 2008 U.S. presidential election." :lol:

When talking about civilized countries such as those in Western Europe and Canada (ah yes, the good whites) : "These immigration policies regarded Semitic Jews and Semitic Arabs of the "Toxic Lozenge" as simply being "ordinary humans" who merely had a different religion -- and not as representatives of a subspecies whose authoritarianism and religions were basically disdainful of, and antithetical to, democracy itself."

My personal favorite, tell me it doesn't sound similar to neo nazi ideologies:

"It is time for the non-Semitic peoples of the world to come together in a multi-racial alliance under one banner in order to severely limit Semitic activities before they put an end to us and everything else on the planet. I offer the following banner, emblem and symbol. However, I will warn everyone that it may well be too late."

Last edited:
Blacks must fix the problems in our community, whilst also trying to succeed in a system that is not
designed to protect us. I find it disheartening that blacks would turn against each other and disparage our
fellow man with a, "He's not successful so he must be lazy" mentality, just like every race isn't the same
and don't experience the same things, every black man/woman isn't the same and doesn't experience the same things.

I haven't read the iceman inheritance but I do know about the author, and he isn't making the argument you are. It's more of a flipped aryan mentality, notice he isn't categorizing all whites as the aggressive racists. It talks more about how there is a special group of descendants that posses this aggressiveness and racism. This group is the special group of racist are the bad race, who are these people?

Well straight from his website: "Now, assuming this sort of concentration of Neanderthal DNA in the Caucasus Middle East, that "1 to 4" percent (or, now, six percent) of world population suddenly becomes very significant indeed. It means that the Semitic peoples of the Middle East -- Jews, Arabs and others (like Armenians) -- must, therefore, be substantially Neanderthal."

Perfect way to band together the good whites and the blacks against the inferior race composed of Jews (what a surprise), Arabs, and Armenians (like myself).

laugh.gif

Bradley is a troll and not a scholar in any form. Please don't try to cite him in your arguments giving them credit because he's white writing something you think is pro-black when it's really anti-someone else

Don't believe me? More from his website:

"The Semitic peoples, originally of the Middle East but now residents of many countries by migration, have made positive cultural contributions to humanity in terms of some Jewish creativity in music, literature, medicine and mathematics. Less well known are the Arab innovations in mathematics, medicine and astro-navigation. There have also been many Jewish and Arab contributions to our understanding of Eurasian history and even true "humanism" -- but we must always be wary of hidden agendas in some of this work."

this one, I can't even : "This man's work significantly inspired the multi-racial and sexual coalition resulting in Barack Obama's victory in the 2008 U.S. presidential election."
laugh.gif

When talking about civilized countries such as those in Western Europe and Canada (ah yes, the good whites) : "These immigration policies regarded Semitic Jews and Semitic Arabs of the "Toxic Lozenge" as simply being "ordinary humans" who merely had a different religion -- and not as representatives of a subspecies whose authoritarianism and religions were basically disdainful of, and antithetical to, democracy itself."

My personal favorite, tell me it doesn't sound similar to neo nazi ideologies:

"It is time for the non-Semitic peoples of the world to come together in a multi-racial alliance under one banner in order to severely limit Semitic activities before they put an end to us and everything else on the planet. I offer the following banner, emblem and symbol. However, I will warn everyone that it may well be too late."
Did not read...

I've read both books so spare me whatever you're trying to sell. 

pimp.gif

:x :rofl: :smh: this definitely wasn't part of the Texas curriculum I had growing up. For awhile now though, I have wondered exactly what is part of the educational curriculum in elementary and middle school currently. I just wonder what exactly is touched on today compared to what people between 22-30 had at that same time, mostly regarding the past. Very curious to see what is in depth and what is glossed over.

depends on each school district and when you graduated, A LOT has changed since I was in school and I graduated in '11.

Here's a good article on some of the state-wide changes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/...98003.html#s73765&title=Thomas_Jefferson_Whos

I think whats holds us back is a failed education system that throws the worst teachers in the inner city. I think what holds us back is the disproportional rate that young blacks are arrested for drug offenses and given mandatory minimums. I think what holds us back is the Bill Clinton's supposed "welfare reform' which mandated that in some cities in order to get welfare you couldn't have a father in home.So if the social worker showed up and there was proof that there was a man there ,your welfare was revoked. I think what held us back is when Ronald Reagan as well as every republican after has repeatedly cut funding for federal programs that helped give at risk kids something positive to do with their time.  Those seem to do way more harm than hip hop. I'm not going to sit here and act like hip hop is all positive but neither are the things they see outside their doorstep every morning.

Hip hop artist glorifies violence but so does most successful films. Hip Hop artist glorify misogyny but so does every television ad that they see every 30 seconds. Hip hop artist glorifies materialism but we live in a country where we wait in line for sneakers and iphones like they hold any true value to us in the long run. 

I understand your point but your over exaggerating the impact that hip hop has.

And by the way I know plenty of people who comes from families where literally EVERYONE SOLD DRUGS. So in some cases that is ALL YOU KNOW.
You obviously dont understand my point at all by your response.
Selling drugs, extreme materialism, misogyny, and murder are the problems in our community.
The music we listen to glorifies and perpetuates the acceptance of those things.
Maybe you dont know the definition of perpetuates.
Perpetuates- Make (something, typically an undesirable situation or an unfounded belief) continue indefinitely.

In the simplest way I can explain it to you.
The mentality that these things are ok(Selling drugs, extreme materialism, misogyny, and murder) is the real problem. Kids sell drugs because they dont see anything wrong with it, and they think they can make money doing it. And until artists stop rapping about the glory they got from flippin cocaine, and murdering someone that had beef with, our community will always accept these things as normal. Thus perpetuating the cycle.

There is nothing exaggerated about that, at all.

You are taking the stance, that its everyone else's fault but our own. My stance is that we need to look in the mirror and find fault.

Everything you said in that quote is an excuse:
-Instead of blaming a failed education system how about we get proactive about our children's education. Get involved in their studying. Make sure you kid understands the material. And if that is not working you could always hire a tutor. They are not that expensive. Or another idea is, instead of hiring a tutor, enroll your child in a better school, in another district, or in a charter school. Or there is always home school. Several states have certified programs that are above or on par with the nation's public school curriculum. We also need to instill the importance of a good education in our kids at an early age. And make them want to do well and learn as much as they can. And what about those students that are trapped in the same exact terrible school systems, with the same terrible teachers, but somehow are able to overcome that obstacle and become well educated and successful, as a result of their drive? They were able to do it, why cant we all? We cant because its easier to cry about how we need better teachers, thats why.

-Instead of blaming the justice system for arresting young black males disproportionately for drug offenses, and crying about how we're given mandatory sentences,
how about we stop selling the drugs. If you are willing to break the law be willing to accept the consequences. Period, or dont do it. And as for the petty weed charges they try to stick us with, there are options for that as well. First off, you could start by having your weed man come to you. Then you wont have to worry about getting stopped and searched illegaly. You could try to get approved for medical marijuana, and get legal documentation that you have a right to hold. Or if that doesnt work, you could always moved to a state that has decriminalized personal use. If you dont want to do any of that, you could always quit smoking weed. Because at the end of the day it is your choice to do something illegal. So you cant be upset when you get punished for it.
And to be clear, I know that there is BS in the game. I know how we are profiled. I know the law is against us. But that is why it is more important than ever to pay attention, and cut down on their opportunities to F with you. So dont be riding around, windows down, blowing loud and get mad when you get pulled over. Keep it in the house.

-Instead of blaming Bill Clinton for not giving us welfare, how about men step up and take care of their families.
The government not giving us welfare is NOT holding us back. The government giving us welfare is what is holding us back. I understand that people need help, but we get far too dependant on free government handouts. Or if you feel the need to always be getting a handout, you could always move to another state where two parent homes can get welfare.

-Instead of blaming Ronald Reagan for not giving our kids something postitve to do, how about YOU AS THE PARENT, give your kid something postitve to do. Every kid is interested in something besides being in the streets and getting into trouble. Learn about your kid's interests and nurture it. There is absolutely no reason why we cant get our kids involved in positive things WITHOUT the help of the federal government. But there is also a solution for that as well. Get out and vote. Get your community involved in the political process. And vote out senators who attack social programs. Is that what we do though? NO. We dont even vote in midterm elections. We just complain after the programs get cut.

-And your last statement is really misguided. Just because a person's whole family sold drugs does not mean that they have to. That is stupid. That fact that we even teach our kids that, is stupid within itself. Why are we teaching our kids a business where the success rate is so unbelievably low that failure is pretty much guaranteed? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Instead of teaching our kids something useful, that can actually help them in the future, we teach them the dope game and set them up for failure. And then we cry to the govenment for help because we have no skills other than eye balling an eight ball. If that is "all you know" then you are not trying hard to know anything else.

There are literally a million legal hustles out there. I know a guy whose dad washes windows for a living. He works 4 days a week, making anywhere between 2500- to 3000 every week. And he is usually done for the day by 11AM- 12PM every morning. That is comparable to the money you would make selling drugs. The start up kit for window washing costs about 200 bucks and includes everything all the way down to how to get clients. But for some reason I dont see alot of young black window washers. Why is that. Because it is not cool. Rappers aint out here talking about how they made money washing windows. And the kids want to do what the rappers talk about.

Last edited:
Very good debate and responses in this thread. I'm pleased to see that there are intellectual NT'ers on this site who know about their history and where they have come from. There have been hundreds of threads on this same topic in the past and the same solution to all this, shall be implemented once again. The only way to prevent and future convicts and people who do not contribute to society is Martial Law. I honestly don't see any other way around it. Just exterminate all the ignorant minorities.

You are taking the stance, that its everyone else's fault but our own. My stance is that we need to look in the mirror and find fault.

-Instead of blaming a failed education system how about we get proactive about our children's education. Get involved in their studying. Make sure you kid understands the material. And if that is not working you could always hire a tutor. They are not that expensive. Or another idea is, instead of hiring a tutor, enroll your child in a better school, in another district, or in a charter school. Or there is always home school. Several states have certified programs that are above or on par with the nation's public school curriculum. We also need to instill the importance of a good education in our kids at an early age. And make them want to do well and learn as much as they can. And what about those students that are trapped in the same exact terrible school systems, with the same terrible teachers, but somehow are able to overcome that obstacle and become well educated and successful, as a result of their drive? They were able to do it, why cant we all? We cant because its easier to cry about how we need better teachers, thats why.

-Instead of blaming the justice system for arresting young black males disproportionately for drug offenses, and crying about how we're given mandatory sentences,
how about we stop selling the drugs. If you are willing to break the law be willing to accept the consequences. Period, or dont do it. And as for the petty weed charges they try to stick us with, there are options for that as well. First off, you could start by having your weed man come to you. Then you wont have to worry about getting stopped and searched illegaly. You could try to get approved for medical marijuana, and get legal documentation that you have a right to hold. Or if that doesnt work, you could always moved to a state that has decriminalized personal use. If you dont want to do any of that, you could always quit smoking weed. Because at the end of the day it is your choice to do something illegal. So you cant be upset when you get punished for it.
And to be clear, I know that there is BS in the game. I know how we are profiled. I know the law is against us. But that is why it is more important than ever to pay attention, and cut down on their opportunities to F with you. So dont be riding around, windows down, blowing loud and get mad when you get pulled over. Keep it in the house.

-Instead of blaming Bill Clinton for not giving us welfare, how about men step up and take care of their families.
The government not giving us welfare is NOT holding us back. The government giving us welfare is what is holding us back. I understand that people need help, but we get far too dependant on free government handouts. Or if you feel the need to always be getting a handout, you could always move to another state where two parent homes can get welfare.

-Instead of blaming Ronald Reagan for not giving our kids something postitve to do, how about YOU AS THE PARENT, give your kid something postitve to do. Every kid is interested in something besides being in the streets and getting into trouble. Learn about your kid's interests and nurture it. There is absolutely no reason why we cant get our kids involved in positive things WITHOUT the help of the federal government. But there is also a solution for that as well. Get out and vote. Get your community involved in the political process. And vote out senators who attack social programs. Is that what we do though? NO. We dont even vote in midterm elections. We just complain after the programs get cut.

-And your last statement is really misguided. Just because a person's whole family sold drugs does not mean that they have to. That is stupid. That fact that we even teach our kids that, is stupid within itself. Why are we teaching our kids a business where the success rate is so unbelievably low that failure is pretty much guaranteed? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Instead of teaching our kids something useful, that can actually help them in the future, we teach them the dope game and set them up for failure. And then we cry to the govenment for help because we have no skills other than eye balling an eight ball. If that is "all you know" then you are not trying hard to know anything else.

There are literally a million legal hustles out there. I know a guy whose dad washes windows for a living. He works 4 days a week, making anywhere between 2500- to 3000 every week. And he is usually done for the day by 11AM- 12PM every morning. That is comparable to the money you would make selling drugs. The start up kit for window washing costs about 200 bucks and includes everything all the way down to how to get clients. But for some reason I dont see alot of young black window washers. Why is that. Because it is not cool. Rappers aint out here talking about how they made money washing windows. And the kids want to do what the rappers talk about.

View media item 515144

lNEg8.gif

Back
Top Bottom