bill o'rielly right or wrong for his comments

Good post JaysRcrak.

Agree with all of your solutions but I'm sure that you understand that you're speaking from a position of relative advantage.

Poverty and ignorance are incredibly hard shackles to break, as evidenced with downtrodden people throughout the globe.

Those chains are even harder to break when people have a vested interest in profiting off of your ignorance and poverty.

It's up to those of us with the means and the knowledge to affect change, to help our people (all people but fix home first) in less fortunate situations, instead of just saying tighten your bootstraps.

Good post JaysRcrak.

Agree with all of your solutions but I'm sure that you understand that you're speaking from a position of relative advantage.

Poverty and ignorance are incredibly hard shackles to break, as evidenced with downtrodden people throughout the globe.

Those chains are even harder to break when people have a vested interest in profiting off of your ignorance and poverty.

It's up to those of us with the means and the knowledge to affect change, to help our people (all people but fix home first) in less fortunate situations, instead of just saying tighten your bootstraps.

exactly its easy for those of us who have parents with their head on straight and raised us with values to say what every one else should do. In our situations yea we struggled but we at least knew there was some sense of hope and something to grind for.

You cant expect someone who comes from generation of generation of generation of ignorance and hopeless ness to "suck it up and just grind legally." Much of NT is faking the funk when they say they grew up tough or in the hood blah blah blah. Anyone really from the struggle know there are individuals that have been screwed up so bad generationally it almost seems impossible to make a difference in their lives. Not saying we should give up on those types, but its easier said than done with alot of this stuff people say on NT.

Like when cats try to use that lame excuse "my parents came from japan with 2 dollars in their pocket blah blah blah" well your parents came to America looking for hope and already have values and such that they could pass down to you where if they didnt make it you would be there sense of hope. You CANT compare that to a black kid who generation after generation has seen nothing but struggle, doesnt even know what a college is, etc. Like this is what I think its hard for people on here to comprehend, because you live in the hood next door to Jamal, what goes down in your house and his are NOT the same. You cant achieve greatness if you dont know greatness exist. Instead of dudes on here that arent black getting on the internet and telling Blacks what they need to do and to stop being "lazy" how about you guys go to the hoods and make a difference, since you think you went through the same struggle as these people you think you know about.

exactly its easy for those of us who have parents with their head on straight and raised us with values to say what every one else should do. In our situations yea we struggled but we at least knew there was some sense of hope and something to grind for.

You cant expect someone who comes from generation of generation of generation of ignorance and hopeless ness to "suck it up and just grind legally." Much of NT is faking the funk when they say they grew up tough or in the hood blah blah blah. Anyone really from the struggle know there are individuals that have been screwed up so bad generationally it almost seems impossible to make a difference in their lives. Not saying we should give up on those types, but its easier said than done with alot of this stuff people say on NT.

Like when cats try to use that lame excuse "my parents came from japan with 2 dollars in their pocket blah blah blah" well your parents came to America looking for hope and already have values and such that they could pass down to you where if they didnt make it you would be there sense of hope. You CANT compare that to a black kid who generation after generation has seen nothing but struggle, doesnt even know what a college is, etc. Like this is what I think its hard for people on here to comprehend, because you live in the hood next door to Jamal, what goes down in your house and his are NOT the same. You cant achieve greatness if you dont know greatness exist. Instead of dudes on here that arent black getting on the internet and telling Blacks what they need to do and to stop being "lazy" how about you guys go to the hoods and make a difference, since you think you went through the same struggle as these people you think you know about.

That's what I'm saying.

I have always thought of Bill Orielly as being highly intelligent, and well-spoken. Some of his views don't really sound like his, if you know what I mean.....As far as the drug issue, objectively it seems like blaming black people for selling drugs seems logical, but making weed legal seems MORE logical. Mandatory sentencing is a system designed to lock up black urban youth. It's really that simple. Whether or not, you feel weed should be legal, I think we can all agree the current system aint cuttin it. 

East and South Asian immigrants came to this country far later than Blacks and with a smaller community and less means to support themselves. Talk about systemic shortcomings all you want, but when Indian and Asian parents come to this country with no money and not speaking a word of English and still manage to save and sacrifice and push their kids to value education (to the point where they're not even considered minorities anymore for academic admissions purposes, despite being a large racial minority in America), you have to stop blaming the institutions left and right. Yes, there are fewer opportunities, but it's cultural more than anything.

This "environment not being conducive for success" talk needs to stop. You just have to shut up, make sacrifices and work hard.

Oversimplification by means of single cause and effect as well as failure to highlight...try again sir.

My N' Haze. :pimp:

View media item 515623
Son been fighting the good fight on here for years. :lol:

As I get older I'm starting to see the evil machinations of white supremacy manifest. Men like Tariq Nasheed and Corey Holcomb have said, it's brilliant. Wickedly and disgustingly brilliant. :smh: The conditioning is real.

Now you see more and more people of color stepping outside themselves and putting each other down in the wake of another racial tragedy in this country. The verdict was bad enough, but It's so crazy to see and hear negroes (especially with the impact and influx of social media) act like we're the only ones to blame for the current situation in society and our culture.

And that **** comes from the top. Hell look at Obama's speech to Morehouse. So subtle, yet so apparent.

integration and religion are the downfall of black ppl....also in large part black women

I wouldn't say downfall as if our community is in complete shambles, but this is a very underrated a powerful factor that seems to be taboo to speak on. Integration was for a lack of a better term necessary evil as crazy as it sounds. That and the rise of feminism creating an attitude amongst women there's no need for the black man in the home has been devastating to many. :smh:

Last edited:
I have always thought of Bill Orielly as being highly intelligent, and well-spoken. Some of his views don't really sound like his, if you know what I mean.....As far as the drug issue, objectively it seems like blaming black people for selling drugs seems logical, but making weed legal seems MORE logical. Mandatory sentencing is a system designed to lock up black urban youth. It's really that simple. Whether or not, you feel weed should be legal, I think we can all agree the current system aint cuttin it. 

Last edited:

best reply

My N' Haze.
pimp.gif

Son been fighting the good fight on here for years.
laugh.gif

As I get older I'm starting to see the evil machinations of white supremacy manifest. Men like Tariq Nasheed and Corey Holcomb have said, it's brilliant. Wickedly and disgustingly brilliant.
mean.gif
The conditioning is real.

Now you see more and more people of color stepping outside themselves and putting each other down in the wake of another racial tragedy in this country. The verdict was bad enough, but It's so crazy to see and hear negroes (especially with the impact and influx of social media) act like we're the only ones to blame for the current situation in society and our culture.

And that **** comes from the top. Hell look at Obama's speech to Morehouse. So subtle, yet so apparent.
I wouldn't say downfall as if our community is in complete shambles, but this is a very underrated a powerful factor that seems to be taboo to speak on. Integration was for a lack of a better term necessary evil as crazy as it sounds. That and the rise of feminism creating an attitude amongst women there's no need for the black man in the home has been devastating to many.
mean.gif
before passing even mlk thought this.....he even stated what he was doing was wrong and he lead his ppl to destruction, he was going to change his views and concept as far as the direction he was going to lead black ppl. Funny none of this is ever mentioned and is conveniently glossed over.

I say religion as well because black ppl use this as a crutch for not being proactive. It makes blacks sit back and accept wrong doings and injustices, on some well if its in gods will for change it will happen.....or this whole imma let god handle it.

Perfect example is the trayvon case, blacks sending wishes/prayers etc....showing support...while George got REAL support by getting money etc....If trayvon family did that instead of just asking for blessings, they would've gotten better legal representation...and possibly a different outcome.

This sounds circular. We can't succeed because we don't have proper values or hope, and we don't have values and hope because we aren't succeeding due to our family environment and community. But then again, my opinion is irrelevant.

Last edited:

:smh: oozing with truth

As I get older I'm starting to see the evil machinations of white supremacy manifest. Men like Tariq Nasheed and Corey Holcomb have said, it's brilliant. Wickedly and disgustingly brilliant.
mean.gif
The conditioning is real.

you've seen the light through a guy who's on wildin' out on mtv 2........

meh

also does anyone have a  gripe with whiney white liberals having such a hard stance on these things? seems like they come out of the woodworks when its convenient but they're the first ones to cross the steet if trayvon is walking by them on the street

Last edited:
Family values and ethics has and always will be the most important part of any child's upbringing.

Not matter what color, race, or society.

He has a great point. 73% of black children born out of wedlock - those children will most likely follow that same path.

How do you completely change a society overnight tho? - You can't. But Obama should do more for the black community, I know it's difficult right now being in office - but when his time is done he needs devote his time and effort to be the leader of a new black movement. Tired of Sharpton, Tired of Jesse - they're not helping.

you've seen the light through a guy who's on wildin' out on mtv 2........

meh

also does anyone have a  gripe with whiney white liberals having such a hard stance on these things? seems like they come out of the woodworks when its convenient but they're the first ones to cross the steet if trayvon is walking by them on the street

What does that have to do with anything? :lol: On his radio shows and various comedy shows he touches on race relations often and even though he comes across as brash to most, he is very honest. And unlike alot of these ****** out here, he ain't been bought or silenced yet.

before passing even mlk thought this.....he even stated what he was doing was wrong and he lead his ppl to destruction, he was going to change his views and concept as far as the direction he was going to lead black ppl. Funny none of this is ever mentioned and is conveniently glossed over.

I say religion as well because black ppl use this as a crutch for not being proactive. It makes blacks sit back and accept wrong doings and injustices, on some well if its in gods will for change it will happen.....or this whole imma let god handle it.

Perfect example is the trayvon case, blacks sending wishes/prayers etc....showing support...while George got REAL support by getting money etc....If trayvon family did that instead of just asking for blessings, they would've gotten better legal representation...and possibly a different outcome.

I agree.

I'm not the type of cat to down religion. But it pains me to see black folks using white jesus/christianity as the out or solution to pretty much any argument or situation.

Interesting, I'm assuming you mean Dr. King before his passing was moving away from non-violence and taking a more militant stance on integration and race relations correct?

Last edited:
What does that have to do with anything?
laugh.gif
On his radio shows and various comedy shows he touches on race relations often and even though he comes across as brash to most, he is very honest. And unlike alot of these ****** out here, he ain't been bought or silenced yet.
I agree.

I'm not the type of cat to down religion. But it pains me to see black folks using white jesus/christianity as the out or solution to pretty much any argument or situation.

Interesting, I'm assuming you mean Dr. King before his passing was moving away from non-violence and taking a more militant stance on integration and race relations correct?
yes he was and he stated it on several occasions...I also think this newfound martin was quickly nipped in the bud by assassinating him. they new his influence and power and the magnitude he held, and feared if he used it for actual good things may have seriously changed for the better. So they stop that from even occurring and make no mentions of the changes he sought out to make for the betterment of blacks.

I don't recall his exact words, but he did say along the lines of he felt he lead his ppl to the wolves, or something to that effect. He realized integration was leading blacks away from interdependence in which it did. He saw the motion of blacks/whites etc...coming together was at a cost of the black community in which was thriving and steadily growing. Too bad he was "silenced" before he expressed these sentiments in a public platform.

Take care of our community and more than most of the of the problems would go away.

Simple solution.

All this talking about the past and what happened to our forefathers is disrespectful to them because they wouldn't complain about it.

I disagree, I don't see this as the simple solution, when the system is rigged for us to fail. Some see having this viewpoint as playing the victim but whatever. The institution that is Americanism fails without a poor marginalized group, and more times than not, blacks have just happened to be the easiest group to exploit in this country. America needs poor PoC to keep the system afloat, and the system to set up in a way to keep poor PoC right in the position they're in. A lot of the problems in the black community can be ascribed to specific issues, like the family unit for example, but don't diminish or disregard the role that systemic institutionalized racism has had on the black community. The effects of systemic racism in our country trumps any issues in the black community that we brought upon ourselves, for lack of a better word.

I find it very troubling when people try to diagnose the problems in the black community like they exist outside of the bubble of our American culture; like these issues would still exist is there weren't institutionalized racism and cultural biases that have been created to put blacks at a disadvantage from the jump in our society. The issues in the black community are the result of blacks being exploited by hegemonic practices for the last 400 years. The whole system need to be overhauled.

"The hope on the politician's tongue never ever trickles down to the city".

Good post JaysRcrak.

I do understand and agree with you.
Its hard to break out of a system that is designed to keep obstacles in your path.
But it is even harder when you dont even try to avoid the obstacles.

You cant: See a hole, know that the hole was put there for the purpose of trapping you, jump into the hole without a ladder, and then when you find yourself trapped, get mad that somebody would dare put a hole in your path to trap you.

We've got to see the hole, and go around it.

Is it unfair that society has placed multiple holes in out paths that we have to go around. YES.
Is it going to take more time than it normally would, to go around that hole, and get to where we want to be? YES
Is it unfair that other people dont have the same holes blocking their paths and can get to the destination quicker with less effort? F YEAH
All of that is true.

But it doesnt take away from the fact that jumping in the hole, wont change the fact the the holes were put there in the first place.

The holes are there. And they are not going anywhere because they are very effective at doing their job. So what do we do?
Keep complaining that the holes were put there, and let it hold us back forever?
Or build bridges over the holes, so that our children can walk over them freely, without fear of ever falling in?
We have to make a choice

yes he was and he stated it on several occasions...I also think this newfound martin was quickly nipped in the bud by assassinating him. they new his influence and power and the magnitude he held, and feared if he used it for actual good things may have seriously changed for the better. So they stop that from even occurring and make no mentions of the changes he sought out to make for the betterment of blacks.

I don't recall his exact words, but he did say along the lines of he felt he lead his ppl to the wolves, or something to that effect. He realized integration was leading blacks away from interdependence in which it did. He saw the motion of blacks/whites etc...coming together was at a cost of the black community in which was thriving and steadily growing. Too bad he was "silenced" before he expressed these sentiments in a public platform.

"I fear that I may have integrated my people into a burning house"

Back
Top Bottom