bill o'rielly right or wrong for his comments

exactly its easy for those of us who have parents with their head on straight and raised us with values to say what every one else should do. In our situations yea we struggled but we at least knew there was some sense of hope and something to grind for.

You cant expect someone who comes from generation of generation of generation of ignorance and hopeless ness to "suck it up and just grind legally." Much of NT is faking the funk when they say they grew up tough or in the hood blah blah blah. Anyone really from the struggle know there are individuals that have been screwed up so bad generationally it almost seems impossible to make a difference in their lives. Not saying we should give up on those types, but its easier said than done with alot of this stuff people say on NT.

Like when cats try to use that lame excuse "my parents came from japan with 2 dollars in their pocket blah blah blah" well your parents came to America looking for hope and already have values and such that they could pass down to you where if they didnt make it you would be there sense of hope. You CANT compare that to a black kid who generation after generation has seen nothing but struggle, doesnt even know what a college is, etc. Like this is what I think its hard for people on here to comprehend, because you live in the hood next door to Jamal, what goes down in your house and his are NOT the same. You cant achieve greatness if you dont know greatness exist. Instead of dudes on here that arent black getting on the internet and telling Blacks what they need to do and to stop being "lazy" how about you guys go to the hoods and make a difference, since you think you went through the same struggle as these people you think you know about.
I totally agree with you on the comparisons. Alot of these Asian immigrants and other immigrants are given like 35,000 when they get over here.
To start business and a myriad of other things. A lot of them(in these modern times) start off with a head start over people born here. I even agree that two kids growing up in the same enviroment can have two totally different sets of experiences. Which to me is a postitve. Because it shows that just because you are born in the hood doesnt mean you have to stay there.

Where our opinions slightley differ is in the bolded sections.
I feel like, change is always hard. And although it may seem impossible, we simply cant take the stance that since it seems so impossible that there is nothing we can do. When we give up hope that we can help our community, based on the fact that the odds are stacked against us, that is when change BECOMES impossible.
It may not happen this generation, but the things that I was saying in that wall of txt on the last page, are things that we can do to start reversing the psychological damage done to our community.

Forget the brick and morter jails that imprison us, it is the prison of our minds that we havent quite figured out how to avoid.
“Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.” -Franklin D Roosevelt

Which leaads me to the second bolded section.
Greatness is availible to anyone who seeks it.
Use Quincy Jones as an example. He grew up in a one room shack with his parents and siblings during the Depression.
In a time when disgustingly blatant racism was alive and well. And Jim Crow laws actually oppressed the black community.
I dont think I have to stretch to say that his environment was much much worse than the enviroment that any of us have lived in.

He made a decision early on in life that when he grew up he wasnt going to be poor. And he went out and pursued success. Aggressively.
Fast forward, and he is one of the most celebrated composers of our time. It wasnt easy for him, but he did not let a tough road ahead stop him.
WE ALL HAVE THAT POTENTIAL. Especially in a world where the answer to any question is but a few keystrokes away.

Seek greatness and work hard for it, and you will acheieve it.
But I think most young black men would rather think ignorant **** like...

Do you think a young cat that looks up to Future, and hears this song will:
A: Rise above his environment, against all odds, and become everything he or she always wants to be
OR
B: Say something cliche like" It is what it is, Aint no way around it" and continue to put themselves in situations that ther are really no way around. Like prison.

IMO some will choose path A, while the majority will choose path B.
And he is just one rapper.

I disagree, I don't see this as the simple solution, when the system is rigged for us to fail. Some see having this viewpoint as playing the victim but whatever. The institution that is Americanism fails without a poor marginalized group, and more times than not, blacks have just happened to be the easiest group to exploit in this country. America needs poor PoC to keep the system afloat, and the system to set up in a way to keep poor PoC right in the position they're in. A lot of the problems in the black community can be ascribed to specific issues, like the family unit for example, but don't diminish or disregard the role that systemic institutionalized racism has had on the black community. The effects of systemic racism in our country trumps any issues in the black community that we brought upon ourselves, for lack of a better word.

I find it very troubling when people try to diagnose the problems in the black community like they exist outside of the bubble of our American culture; like these issues would still exist is there weren't institutionalized racism and cultural biases that have been created to put blacks at a disadvantage from the jump in our society. The issues in the black community are the result of blacks being exploited by hegemonic practices for the last 400 years. The whole system need to be overhauled.

"The hope on the politician's tongue never ever trickles down to the city".

exactly its easy for those of us who have parents with their head on straight and raised us with values to say what every one else should do. In our situations yea we struggled but we at least knew there was some sense of hope and something to grind for.

You cant expect someone who comes from generation of generation of generation of ignorance and hopeless ness to "suck it up and just grind legally." Much of NT is faking the funk when they say they grew up tough or in the hood blah blah blah. Anyone really from the struggle know there are individuals that have been screwed up so bad generationally it almost seems impossible to make a difference in their lives. Not saying we should give up on those types, but its easier said than done with alot of this stuff people say on NT.

Like when cats try to use that lame excuse "my parents came from japan with 2 dollars in their pocket blah blah blah" well your parents came to America looking for hope and already have values and such that they could pass down to you where if they didnt make it you would be there sense of hope. You CANT compare that to a black kid who generation after generation has seen nothing but struggle, doesnt even know what a college is, etc. Like this is what I think its hard for people on here to comprehend, because you live in the hood next door to Jamal, what goes down in your house and his are NOT the same. You cant achieve greatness if you dont know greatness exist. Instead of dudes on here that arent black getting on the internet and telling Blacks what they need to do and to stop being "lazy" how about you guys go to the hoods and make a difference, since you think you went through the same struggle as these people you think you know about.

Well said

Back
Top Bottom