bill o'rielly right or wrong for his comments

Bill O'Reilly is so backward and off the mark when it comes to drug laws. Most of the social problems related to drugs result from drugs being illegal.

Most of the overdoses result from the fact that street drugs vary in potency and the fact that drugs are illegal discourage folks from seeking medical help. Most of the theft done by addicts is due to the fact that drugs are expensive due to their being illegal. The emphasis placed on drug laws, diverts police man hours away from policing the streets and stopping violent and property crimes. The income that the illegal drug trade generates, diverts the kids out of the schools and the formal labor market and the ability to develop human capital. Furthermore, locking up drug sellers only accelerates the break up of black families by having the main bread winner thrown behind bars.

I agree with O'Reilly about education and family structure. People of all races are harmed by bad schools and broken homes. We can argue about how this situation came to be and we can argue about how to solve the problem. Unfortunately, some intellectuals argue that bad schools and broken families are neither bad nor broken. I agree that there is a lot of racism that harms black people, especially young black men. I also contend that until human nature changes, schools owe it to all of their students to teach them standard English, math and critical thinking skills. It is also a fact that single mother headed households are not the basis for prosperous communities, young men and young women of all racial back grounds need dedicated and engaged fathers in their lives.

When it comes to profiling and hoodies, I profile people, based on a variety of criteria. If I am walking down a street at night and see a stranger, I make a quick assessment. The main input is based on gender, males are much more dangerous than females when it comes to acts of violent crime on the street. Then comes age, violent crime is largely a young man's game. Attire is important and so is the appearance of intoxication. Race is a factor but a very small factor. I would much rather walk by an older black man at night than a young white man.

The difference between me and George Zimmerman and between the police and myself is that my profiling is purely defensive. If I see a young male stranger walking towards, me a I become little more aware and ready to defend myself than I would if a Filipino grandmother passes me on the street. Zimmerman and the police, are on the offensive and they feel empowered to stalk, arrest, humiliate and murder their fellow citizens. Cops and wannabe cops should consider looking a little more at young men in hoodies but they should not take young, dark skin and informal attire as license to pursue and to attack other human beings.

We should have conversation about guns, about "stand your ground," about gangster culture, about crime in the black community but America also should look at issues related to profiling, the prison industrial complex, police militarization and the root causes of black poverty and crime. We have very serious and complex problems in this country, many of them are very much interrelated with other serious problems and we cannot even begin to untangle this mess if we insist on the same old talking points and mutual condescension in our public discourse.

WOW!
I dont like Bill O'Reilly AT ALL. Dude is a real clown.
But I must say he is 100% correct. A defunct family structure is detremental to the black community.
And IMO it is the very music that our people glorify that adds to this epidemic.
Music glorifying selling drugs(from artists who have most likely never done it) perpetuate the cycle. Promoting a lifestyle that has a 99.4% failure rate.

Father sells drugs, gets locked up, leaves a mother to take on a man's responsiblity of raising a man, mother works very hard to support her kids but never has time to raise kids, streets raise the kid, kid thinks its ok to sell drugs too, gets charged with felony drug charges before they know what life is really about, streets reinforce the kids behavior with street cred, kid continues a loser lifestyle, kid has his own kid, gets locked up, cycle continues.

Until dudes stop being lazy, and looking for the percieved "easiest" way to make money nothing will change.
Selling drugs is NOT a viable way to make a living. It hasnt been for the last 10 to 15 years.
Its time to stop selling poison, to our own people, and wasting time with the BS street life.

Because 99.999999% of people that live that "Im harder than everybody else, cant nobody tell me nothin, slap a N for lookin at me wrong,
rob a N cause I got a bigger gun, Im bout to pullakickdoe, put in work on another rival gang member lifestyle,"
wind up either dead or in jail OR they stop living that lifestyle.

Last edited:
What Rex said.

People blamed the music for the problems of the youth through many eras.

Crack wasnt around for those "many eras" though. And you cant discount the effect that music has on a culture.
Music has a major influence on the people that listen to it.

The majority of people that choose country music as their favorite: How do they dress? How do they act? How do they talk?
One thing is for sure, they dont walk around callin their women ******* and ****, with their pants hanging all the way off of their ***,
selling drugs, and shooting each other at an astronmical rate.

Are there a few individuals, whose favorite music is country music, AND do these types of things? Yes, there are.
But the mass majority of country music listeners dont. They dress in cowboy boots and hats, and talk about trucks and love.

And vice versa. The majority of hip-hop listeners aint out here talkin about goin to the rodeo, or four-wheelin in the truck.
They probably wouldnt be caught dead in some cowboy boots or doing a line dance. Or do the things that steriotypical country music listeners does

I say all that to say that the type of music you listen to is DIRECTLY connected to some of the behaviors that people ascribe to.

actually watched his show monday and was nodding my head in agreement to a lot of the things he was saying......his drug statements were a lil off but everything else was on point 

Crack wasnt around for those "many eras" though. And you cant discount the effect that music has on a culture.
Music has a major influence on the people that listen to it.

The majority of people that choose country music as their favorite: How do they dress? How do they act? How do they talk?
One thing is for sure, they dont walk around callin their women ******* and ****, with their pants hanging all the way off of their ***,
selling drugs, and shooting each other at an astronmical rate.

Are there a few individuals, whose favorite music is country music, AND do these types of things? Yes, there are.
But the mass majority of country music listeners dont. They dress in cowboy boots and hats, and talk about trucks and love.

And vice versa. The majority of hip-hop listeners aint out here talkin about goin to the rodeo, or four-wheelin in the truck.
They probably wouldnt be caught dead in some cowboy boots or doing a line dance. Or do the things that steriotypical country music listeners does

I say all that to say that the type of music you listen to is DIRECTLY connected to some of the behaviors that people ascribe to.

I hate to break it to you but sagging, using slang, calling women ******* isn't a "hip hop thing " . These issues existed prior to hip hop. What hip hop provided was a mirror to society and gave people like bill o'reilly a first hand look to black culture. No black kid sells drugs because a rapper said it they do it because that's the only way they' ve seen in their environment to make money I don't believe that if hip hop didn't exist then crime in the black community would be less.

Last edited:
I hate to break it to you but sagging, using slang, calling women ******* isn't a "hip hop thing " . These issues existed prior to hip hop. What hip hop provided was a mirror to society and gave people like bill o'reilly a first hand look to black culture. No black kid sells drugs because a rapper said it they do it because that's the only way they' ve seen in their environment to make money I don't believe that if hip hop didn't exist then crime in the black community would be less.
I never said it was a "hip-hop" thing. YOU said that. I NEVER implied that this is something that comes from hip-hop.
What I did imply is that the glorification of these things, in hip-hop, perpetuates the cycle. That is two totally different things.

In other words it is not the culture of hip-hop that is ruining our neighborhoods.
Rather, it is the subject matter these artists choose to glorify, that holds us back.(ie: selling drugs, extreme materialism, misogyny, murder)
Those are the real problems. Those are the things that we have to stop doing to each other.

The music is simply the tool to make our people accept a, completely backwards, insanely moronic, way of thinking.

As far as kids selling drugs because that's " the only way they've seen in their environment to make money," that's bulls..t.
Unlike the kids of the 80s and 90s, these kids are not tethered to their neighborhoods anymore.
The internet has connected the entire world, and they have the internet right on their smartphones.
Finding a legal hustle is easier than ever. But they would rather do what they think will bring "easy money"
(which is backwards in itself because, all things considered, it is really harder to make real money selling drugs)

Family structure is more important than anything. If you're letting music shape your entire existence, then that's more of a problem in the home than the music itself. "Ready To Die" and "2Pacalypse Now" were 2 of the first albums I had. I was 5 and 7 when those came out. I haven't sold any drugs or killed anybody. If your parents set a good foundation for you early on, instilling good values and common sense in you, it shouldn't be hard to make good decisions going forward.

Last edited:
Family structure is more important than anything. If you're letting music shape your entire existence, then that's more of a problem in the home than the music itself. "Ready To Die" and "2Pacalypse Now" were 2 of the first albums I had. I was 5 and 7 when those came out. I have sold any drugs or killed anybody. If your parents set a good foundation for you early on, instilling good values and common sense in you, it shouldn't be hard to make good decisions going forward.

Word to da infamous killa cam Bill O'Reilly interview.

"White people's" opinion on the "Black" community have no bearing on my life and no place in our reality.

Doesn't matter what he or any outsider has to say.

Not wasting minutes of my life on any of this foolishness.

Lol word I always chuckle when a white person tries to say how blacks should act

"White people's" opinion on the "Black" community have no bearing on my life and no place in our reality.

Doesn't matter what he or any outsider has to say.

Not wasting minutes of my life on any of this foolishness.

:lol: Clown. Listen to the first five minutes. Bill O's *** was SPOT ON, and like others have said, I can't stand that MOFO.

Edit. Cats that don't agree w what Bill O said are probably the same cats knocking bishes up and not playing the role of father.

Last edited:
Why would anyone care what Bill O Reilly has to say?

Even if his rant was 1000% accurate, how is that groundbreaking news or aiding in tangible solutions and programs for the Black community?

Only brainless sheep depend on these talking heads to analyze the world for them. Feeling as if they now have some moral high ground or they made a change by simply listening to and agreeing with the rhetoric that oozes from these paid agitators.

But your response is to be expected from someone with a SN of "Chopper".

:lol:

Last edited:
:lol: Check the thread title pleighboi. Doggie - SN 'Chopper' > Goldenchild9 all day :smokin.

Last edited:
Why would anyone care what Bill O Reilly has to say?

Even if his rant was 1000% accurate, how is that groundbreaking news or aiding in tangible solutions and programs for the Black community?

basically..aint giving dude the time of day to press play..i already know what hes about...

from reading some of the replies in here...people selling drugs is WAY DEEPER than rap music...rap is the scapegoat..

nicky barnes

guy fisher

bumpy johnson and hundreds of other famous gangsters were around, selling nicks nd dimes WAAAAAY before rap...

blacks were 2nd hand citizens, with 'special' laws to keep black men down way before rap...black people werent receiving equal education opportunities waaay before rap...

still going on today sadly..the more things change the more they stay the same..

But the guys who killed emmet till and james byrd listened to country music. And pretty sure the guys the guysbof the kool kids klub where cowboys boot and listend to country music

things get REALLY racist at 12:30..that first caller WENT IN :smh:

i have mixed feelings about this...

i can't embed but watch this. this just calls out bill on the homicide points

some of what bill said with respect to family structure, entertainment industry (worldstar, rick ross), quality of parenting (or lack thereof), is true.

im interested to see where this thread goes, although NT is prolly tired of ANOTHER race thread (this year has a record number of race threads ya?), but at the very least id like to see some productive and educational discussion.

:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom