Bill Simmons just tore Sheed a new one...

The Celtics stink, and I'm glad sheed signed there instead of Cleveland, way to go Ferry. Lost to the Thirstys last night
laugh.gif
cause they expended all their energy against a Cavs team who were just having a high level practice

He hit the nail on the head with this one. I loved Sheed his whole career, and once he comes to my Celtics.. I hate him

There's no way Sheed doesn't hear about this.. wonder if he'll read it.

I was pretty happy after my boys signed him this summer.  That lasted, oh, I'd say, about 2 weeks into the season.  Never thought his personality would be stronger than KG's.  Dude's laziness has rubbed off on the whole team. 

shooting 3s is sheed's guilty pleasure, cept that he takes more pleasure in taking them than he feels guilty about missing them.

laugh.gif
this is old news to any Pistons fan

Celts are suckers for picking him up in the first place

Sheed has been garbage for a minute now. Him being a crappy rebounded is no secret. He has/had the tools to be a career 10+ rebound per game player.

Charles Barkley even said that Sheed has the skill set to lead the league in scoring. I watch Sheed hang 42 points on a healthy 2001 All-Star Antonio McDyess/Nuggets, and most of his points came via post ups.

Funny thing is Sheed could care less about what we all think.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Lost to the Thirstys last night
laugh.gif
cause they expended all their energy against a Cavs team who were just having a high level practice
laugh.gif

This was a GREAT article. So on-point.

I've BEEN saying Sheed is a cancer. But no, everyone wanted to blame AI for the Pistons' struggles last year.

Sheed is the type of player that Isiah Thomas would have signed during his run with the Knicks. He (Sheed) would have fit right in with Jerome James and Eddy Curry as players who were the true definition of CTC.

Sheed loves moments like that. He's like an antisocial cat that suddenly jumps onto your lap to mess with your head. Hey, buddy! Where'd you come from? This is great! Can I pet you? And just like that, they jump off.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Sheed is working really hard whenever he's on the court

on becoming the second power forward in history to have more 3-point attempts than rebounds in a season and join this man:

antoine_walker.bmp

f simmons btw...wasnt he praising him when they signed sheed
He was against the Sheed signing before it even happened. He's been ripping Sheed all season on twitter.

always, wondered why he said whack!?!?!?

also I think once A.I. got to the pistons last year was when he really started to give up, there was no way that team was going to win going from a team first point guard to a ME first point guard....

He was a key piece on a team that won a championship He's coasting now but he was great for about 3 years, he had a great FG percentage fopr a few seasons. His career was succesful.... It is what is it...... not everybody is Kobe,Jordan,Duncan,Bird, Magic and Hakeem with a relentess work ethic.

Sheed is my all time favorite player. I agree w/ most of these comments about his talent and him not caring what anyone thinks...

To be totally honest, Sheed's career ended when LeBron dunked on him in the 07 playoffs..

What Simmons failed to mention (and I dont have the stats to prove this) but sheed has to have one of the highest career winning percentages of the active players in the NBA...

I think once he got a title, that was it. It became all about the green. Which I kind of understand, but he should still man up and play hard.

I feel like half of his techs were techs that he almost wanted. A lot of refs seem like they tried to ignore him but he just kept mouthing off til he finally ticked them off so bad to get T'd up.

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

always, wondered why he said whack!?!?!?

also I think once A.I. got to the pistons last year was when he really started to give up, there was no way that team was going to win going from a team first point guard to a ME first point guard....

You're an idiot. That team wasn't doing anything w/ or w/o AI at the helm.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Sheed owns a beautiful baseline turnaround, but he keeps it in the garage like a covered Ferrari. It's a breathtaking shot. He catches a pass on the left block, whirls effortlessly toward the baseline, pushes off so he's going up (not sideways) and releases the ball well above his head. All in one motion. Nobody can block it.
Sheed shoots this turnaround once a game. Sometimes twice if we're lucky.
Sheed's coaches always wish he would "go in the block more often." They never demand it; if they do, they know they won't get it. So it's more of a suggestion. Like reminding your spouse, "Hey, we haven't had sex in a while." If broached the right way, Sheed might shift his focus the next game, with his head down low, and bank home a couple of turnarounds. As though he's acknowledging, "You're right, I could do this." Then he goes back to standing behind the 3-point line.

Sheed is damn near unstoppable when he gets the ball in the post. If he didn't fall in-love w. the 3 ball, you'd be looking at a guy who could have easily averaged 22/10 for his career. A lot of "what if's" surround Wallace...and for good reason. One of the most unique skill-sets I've ever seen, but a total waste of a talent. Rasheed Wallace is content being Rasheed Wallace....not that there's anything wrong with that, but he could have been GREAT.

Thread/.

Back
Top Bottom