BILL SIMMONS QUOTE ON LEBRON JAMES?????

Does anybody have Bill Simmons quote on Lebron James in Kobe vs Lebron argument in this months issue on SLAM? Its in this issue

129ljkb_0709.jpg

I found one thats similar and more riduclous to the one in SLAM but its harder to quote.

At age 24, he's a cross between ABA Doctor J (unstoppable in the open court, breathtaking in traffic, has the rare ability to galvanize teammates and crowds with one "Wow" play, even handles himself as well off the court) and 1992 Scottie Pippen (the freaky athletic ability on both ends, especially when he's cutting pass lines or flying in from the weak side for a block), with a little MJ (his overcompetitiveness and sense of The Moment), Magic (the unselfishness, which isn't where I thought it would be back in 2003, but at least it's in there a little) and Bo Jackson (how he can occasionally just overpower the other team in a way that doesn't seem human) mixed in … only if all of that Molotov NBA Superstar Cocktail was mixed together in Karl Malone's body. This is crazy. This is insane. This is unlike anything we've ever seen

laugh.gif

But does anybody have the exact SLAM quote?

Here you go...

"LeBron. No contest. He's the most destructive all-around player since Jordan and only Houston can even dream about defending him. I think Bostoncould (in italics) defend him for one game with Pierce and a ton of help, but in a seven-game series, he will wear Pierce down. LeBron is Bo Jackson in KarlMalone's body but with the Jordan/Magic-level skill set, and he's a fantastic teammate to boot. I also don't think he'd quit on his teammates,and Kobe has done that three times to varying degrees - 2004 Finals, 2006 Round 1, 2008 Finals." - Bill Simmons, ESPN.com
And AYOOOOOOOOOO @ your avy!
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Here you go...

"LeBron. No contest. He's the most destructive all-around player since Jordan and only Houston can even dream about defending him. I think Boston could (in italics) defend him for one game with Pierce and a ton of help, but in a seven-game series, he will wear Pierce down. LeBron is Bo Jackson in Karl Malone's body but with the Jordan/Magic-level skill set, and he's a fantastic teammate to boot. I also don't think he'd quit on his teammates, and Kobe has done that three times to varying degrees - 2004 Finals, 2006 Round 1, 2008 Finals." - Bill Simmons, ESPN.com
And AYOOOOOOOOOO @ your avy!
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Bill Simmons
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Bill Simmons is OFFICIALLY LeBron's biggest D-Rider @ the moment...that was straight nonsense he was spewing.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Bill Simmons is OFFICIALLY LeBron's biggest D-Rider @ the moment...that was straight nonsense he was spewing. Anyone disagree?

I defintely agree....I wish we had a proper D-rider gif for Niketalk.
laugh.gif
...My avy is ayo?Really?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Bill Simmons is OFFICIALLY LeBron's biggest D-Rider @ the moment...that was straight nonsense he was spewing.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Edit: warned - personal attack.

Who the hell are you? You don't even know me from a hole in the wall. Why, because I have a LBJ avy? I've been watching the dude ball since he was afreshman @ Akron SVSM HS. I've never said any outlandish things/claims like Bill Simmons has. $@#@ outta here...

Originally Posted by miamin2

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Who the hell are you? You don't even know me from a hole in the wall. Why, because I have a LBJ avy? I've been watching the dude ball since he was a freshman @ Akron SVSM HS. I've never said any outlandish things/claims like Bill Simmons has. %*#% outta here...
Woah, getting a little too defensive there. Take it easy buddy.
You've been slurping since he was a freshman in hs?

No, this Young Triz dude keeps coming @ me outta the blue...& yeah, I watched him play when he was a freshman in HS. Dude was the best HS basketball playerever, why wouldn't I want to see him play? And how am I slurping?

ESPN also had a similar "article" (blog entry): http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-40-80/The-State-of-the-Great-Debate--Kobe-vs--LeBron-2009.html

The State of the Great Debate: Kobe vs. LeBron 2009

May 15, 2009 10:49 AM

Kobe Bryant entered the NBA just as LeBron James finished fifth grade. In many ways they are exceptionally different. Yet 13 years later, their careers are inextricably intertwined in the minds of basketball fans. They are the two most recent recipients of the NBA's MVP award, gold medal-winning Team USA teammates and leaders of teams favored to make next month's NBA Finals.

Great DebateThey are also rivals for the title of best player on the planet.

So ... who is it? We invited a panel of bloggers to sort it out:

* Kevin Arnovitz of ESPN.com and ClipperBlog
* Henry Abbott of TrueHoop
* Josh Tucker of Silver Screen and Roll
* Kurt Helin of Forum Blue and Gold
* John Krolik of Cavs the Blog
* Rob Mahoney of Two Man Game
* Timothy Varner of 48 Minutes of Hell
* Royce Young of Daily Thunder

You can read the arguments by clicking through the link.

i've been reading dude's writing for years..

but i finally listened to a podcast earlier this week.

and he really sounds like a tool. quintessential WASPy frat boy.

I can't respect dudes like Bill Simmons. To it doesn't really matter who's better between 23 and 24. They are both amazing talents. We should alljust enjoy them both. All that matters is who's holding up that trophy. NOT MVP EITHER!

GO LAKERS! THOUGH LOL

Originally Posted by miamin2

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Who the hell are you? You don't even know me from a hole in the wall. Why, because I have a LBJ avy? I've been watching the dude ball since he was a freshman @ Akron SVSM HS. I've never said any outlandish things/claims like Bill Simmons has. %*#% outta here...
Woah, getting a little too defensive there. Take it easy buddy.
You've been slurping since he was a freshman in hs?

No, this Young Triz dude keeps coming @ me outta the blue...& yeah, I watched him play when he was a freshman in HS. Dude was the best HS basketball player ever, why wouldn't I want to see him play? And how am I slurping?
laugh.gif
... you go off in thread making crazy statements... i seeyour avy 5 or 6 times on the same page just rambling about garbage.... then one someone says something about you.... you gonna go and cry about it...
laugh.gif
have fun... ignored list.... with prettyplaya and xdloprolebron or whatever hisname is....

Back
Top Bottom