Billboard Album Sales for May 12th...Killa sold how much???

ouch 43,000 copies, Cam's career is over and dont give me that independent album BS, he needed to make a big comeback with this album

Green Day bows at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with "21st Century Breakdown," selling 215,000 in an abbreviated three-day sales week. The Reprise/Warner Bros. set saw an off-cycle release on Friday, May 15 in order to more closely align its world-wide street dates. Nielsen SoundScan's tracking week ends on Sunday.

"Breakdown" gives the band its second chart-topper, following 2004's "American Idiot," which debuted with 267,000 after a normal-length's week of sales. Both "Breakdown" and "Idiot" were hampered by not being stocked in Wal-Mart stores, as the big box giant declines to stock albums that carry parental advisory stickers. (Neither album was available in an edited version.)

"Breakdown's" sales figure will perhaps grow on next week's chart, when it will have a full seven-day week's worth of sales reflected on the tally. However, Eminem's "Relapse" -- which was released yesterday (May 19) -- will presumably give the rapper his fifth consecutive No. 1 album.

In non-Green Day chart news this week, Cam'Ron's "Crime Pays" (Diplomatic Man/Asylum) cashes in with a No. 3 debut, selling 43,000 copies. That gives the rapper, who has been absent from the chart since 2006, his fifth top 10 album. Paul Wall's "Fast Life" (SwishaHouse/Asylum) enters at No. 15 on the Billboard 200 with 22,000. His last set, "Get Money Stay True," bowed at No. 8 with 92,000 in 2007. He topped the tally with "The Peoples Champ" in 2005 when that set opened at No. 1 with 176,000. Roots rock singer/songwriter Steve Earle achieves the highest charting album of his career as his "Townes" set (New West) bows at No. 19 with 18,000. The effort is comprised of 15 songs written by the late Townes Van Zandt.

New rock band Parachute lands at No. 39 with its debut album "Losing Sleep" (Mercury), starting with 11,000 solely from sales through the iTunes Store. The digital retailer got the set one week early -- all other physical and digital retailers bowed the album yesterday (May 19). Not coincidentally, the set's song "Under Control" was promoted as a free single of the week in the iTunes Store, which likely garnered a lot of consumers to snap up the economically priced $6.99 album.
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
Elsewhere in the top 10 this week, the "Hannah Montana: The Movie" soundtrack (Walt Disney) holds at No. 2 with 68,000 (down 17%); Lady GaGa's "The Fame" (Streamline/KonLive/Cherrytree/Interscope) moves up two slots to No. 4 with 41,000 (up less than 1%); Rascal Flatts' "Unstoppable" (Lyric Street) slips one position to No. 5 with 33,000 (down 44%); Bob Dylan's "Together Through Life" (Columbia) falls one rung to No. 6 with 31,000 (down 40%); Taylor Swift's "Fearless" (Big Machine) stays put at No. 7 with 30,000 (down 25%); Chrisette Michele's "Epiphany" (Def Jam) falls from No. 1 last week to No. 8 this week with 29,000 (down 65%); Rick Ross' "Deeper Than Rap" (Maybach/Slip-N-Slide/Def Jam) falls four slots to No. 9 with 26,000 (down 24%) and Ciara's "Fantasy Ride" (LaFace) rounds out the top 10, at No. 10 (26,000; down 68%), after its No. 3 opening last week.

Overall album sales in this past chart week (ending May 17) totaled 5.82 million units, down 10.5% compared to the sum last week (6.51 million) and down 21.6% compared to the same sales week of 2008 (7.43 million). Year to date album sales stand at 136.4 million, down 13.3% compared to the same total at this point last year (157.3 million).

ouch 43,000 copies, Cam's career is over and dont give me that independent album BS, he needed to make a big comeback with this album

im even happy he sold THAT much. thats STILL alot for a dude like him. He didnt have no big budget video or nothing and etc...This aint the"Oh Boy" days no more

^yea, OP trying hard to hate. Dude must not have gotten the memo, rappers dont sell records no more. I aint even listened to the album yet, dont have no desiretoo...but dude came in at #3. You know what that used to be good for? And he on an independent @ that.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Sold more than Jim...
exactly.

and Jim had about 3 or 4 singles and a single that was getting played EVERYWHERE. I thought Cam would only move like 20K at MOST. Man he's good

How this fool who was on-top of the world just a few years ago come back after a long break and sell less than a JMT/Immortal Technique album ?

Now 90% of NT should admit Vinnie Paz >>>>>>>>>>> Cam'Ron, because y'all judge everything on album sales, no ?

JIM JONE IS A MAJOR & SPENT MADD MONEY ON PROMO HE WAS ON MTV , ALL OVER THE PLACE

STOLE RON BROWZ SONG

& FLOPED

CAM PUT OUT GET IT IN OHIO & THATS IT

AND IS ON A INDEPENDENT LABEL

& SPENT WAY LESS ON PROMO THEN JONES DID

AT THE END OF THE DAY ...

OCT IS COMING SOON

Originally Posted by M16

How this fool who was on-top of the world just a few years ago come back after a long break and sell less than a JMT/Immortal Technique album ?

Now 90% of NT should admit Vinnie Paz >>>>>>>>>>> Cam'Ron, because y'all judge everything on album sales, no ?
you answered your own question
laugh.gif

damn near NOBODY is selling in rap and this is not 01. plus i dont know if your being serious with this one
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

i dont understand NT's fascination with album sales. none of you even know how it really works.
most of these dudes dont really care how it works i think. break it down though

all we see is the final numbers and thats ALL what matters
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by M16

you answered your own question
laugh.gif

damn near NOBODY is selling in rap and this is not 01. plus i dont know if your being serious with this one
laugh.gif

Oh I see, now sales don't matter. I guess when Em's figures are released they will suddenly matter again.

Cam still catches an L. As an artist with as much buzz as Cam you would expect bigger numbers. There is no way dude is content with 43.000 copies.

at the end of the day the album is terrible.(coming from a Cam/Dipset fan)

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

^yea, OP trying hard to hate. Dude must not have gotten the memo, rappers dont sell records no more. I aint even listened to the album yet, dont have no desire too...but dude came in at #3. You know what that used to be good for? And he on an independent @ that.
I bought the album moron, I'm just stating the facts

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

i dont understand NT's fascination with album sales. none of you even know how it really works.
I know exactly how it works, yes Cam will profit in the end but does this help him long term? NO

he doesn't have a ringtone song on here unless "Cookies and AppleJuice" does something which I highly doubt it will

this was played up to be Cam's big comeback, he wont even push more than Busta Rhymes which is sad

Cam might not reach 100K which in reality sets his next album up to be really bad on all fronts w/o a hit single

Wait, he sold 43000 in one day without any singles? that is dope if you ask me, if he could do that everyday this week than that would 250k in one week, Idoubt if he'll do that, but I don't see what is wrong with almost 50k in one day.

He made a 43k album.

What did you expect?

IMO if he would have made a 100k album..he would've sold 100k.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Wait, he sold 43000 in one day without any singles? that is dope if you ask me, if he could do that everyday this week than that would 250k in one week, I doubt if he'll do that, but I don't see what is wrong with almost 50k in one day.

one week not one day, next week he will prob only sell like 15k at best

Terrible #'s independant or not. Looking @ album sales does NT still think Em will push a mil w/ a subpar album??? But Cam sold more than Jim & RR isstill in the top 10

Originally Posted by M16

How much did JMT's last album sell? 12,000? So no, the argument doesn't work.

Considering how much money he spent on the album (about $800 dollars) that is a success...

Back
Top Bottom