Black guy hair cuts

I have stuck with a clean haircut for 3 years now mainly because my current job requires it. Before I got this job, which was 3 years ago, I would often cycle through short haircut, short fro & medium fro. I feel like if it wasn't for this job I would have probably ventured into the realm of dread heads because it's a style I've always wanted to try.

Speaking of haircuts, decided to go into a barbershop for the first time in years and was shocked to see somebody still cutting hair for the cheap. Dude gave me a nice fade w/ taper on the sides and back for $12. The did leave a couple scratches from lining up my corners, but I couldn't really complain about that.

For me, an overly crisp line ruins the cut. I don't like it when barbers break out the razor. It ain't that serious fam. That **** gon be redundant in days :lol:
Lol I thought I was the only one.. I like for it to look natural not cartoonish but to each his own though...

I always wondered this also. I think I depends on how course your hair is. If it’s 4c then I say get it tapered as crisp as you can. If your hair is softer and straighter go with a natural looking tape.
Makes a lot of sense... I have a few homies who when I see them I'm like "damn that's a fresh lineup and they'll be like man I haven't even gotten a lineup lol.. everybody's hair it's different though so you're right...

Lol at thinking a natural edged lineup is unkempt...everybody don't like the bigen looking lineups..

My natural line is crispy. Really don't know what yall are talking about.

Talking about a razor blade line is bigen. :lol:

Dudes want a line that isn't a line? Where you boys located at. :lol:

My natural line is crispy. Really don't know what yall are talking about.

Talking about a razor blade line is bigen. :lol:

Dudes want a line that isn't a line? Where you boys located at. Gotta be the sticks. :lol:
I see the bigen comment went over your head but you'll be aight.. anyhow I like for my lineups to look natural.. it's really not that hard to comprehend but since it seems to be for you... just go to a local barber and ask him to explain it for you..the sticks you say? Nice try at an insult.. you'll definitely have to try harder though young pup..

I see the bigen comment went over your head but you'll be aight.. anyhow I like for my lineups to look natural.. it's really not that hard to comprehend but since it seems to be for you... just go to a local barber and ask him to explain it for you..the sticks you say? Nice try at an insult.. you'll definitely have to try harder though young pup..

Bro why are you offended? Live your life man.

I'm just laughing at the idea of sitting down in a chair and telling ya barber, " aye be easy on that line dog, don't want it too crisp." :rofl:

Bro why are you offended? Live your life man.

I'm just laughing at the idea of sitting down in a chair and telling ya barber, " aye be easy on that line dog, don't want it too crisp." :rofl:
Not offended at all my man..you actually came into the thread acting as if I said something so profoundly wrong that you had to comment on it. So in retrospect you come off as the one who seemed to be offended. I know plenty of people who don't even get the front of their hair lined up when they get a haircut so it's not that big of a deal the way you try to make it out to be. To each his own and that's why I asked the question because everybody is different...

I made a joke and you got all bent out of shape.

Not getting a line is not getting a line, but if you are getting a crisp line up I've never heard someone say thay a razor blade is going to far. That's the distinction you made.

I made a joke and you got all bent out of shape.

Not getting a line is not getting a line, but if you are getting a crisp line up I've never heard someone say thay a razor blade is going to far. That's the distinction you made.
You made what you wanna call a joke and I gave my rebuttal..that was that..then you reply again and try throwing insults by saying "where y'all from" like my question was a regional question. I showed no signs of being bent out of shape but you clearly did... seriously though dude how old are you..smh the last part of your message makes absolutely no sense because I never even mentioned anything about a razor blade so what the hell are you talking about. my barber can make a person's hairline look extra crisp without even using a razor..so umm..again what the hell are you talking about.. you made your own distinction.. it is what it is leave it at that but don't get as you say bent out of shape just because someone doesn't agree with you..

Last edited:
I always wondered this also. I think I depends on how course your hair is. If it’s 4c then I say get it tapered as crisp as you can. If your hair is softer and straighter go with a natural looking tape.
+1 on the 4c part. I hate the hair type but its always ways around it I guess

Here’s everything w/ links just in case:

A90AC38C-75A1-47B6-8795-F996EF18B7FE.jpeg

- I use my white #220 Torino as a lighter medium (mainly when my hair is damp or even wet, but still good for overall use), and my grey zebra #709 Royalty as a firmer medium when my hair is dry cause otherwise that **** feels like its scraping my *** :lol: and the yellow #230 Torino as a softy, has good pull. None of these are in stock anymore though I believe.. would assume the ones on Amazon now are gucci too though

- Here’s the link to the Royalty brushes. OOS currently but a new one drops every Friday https://brushking.org/collections/royalty-by-brush-king

- Amazon link for the regular Torino brushes, can ship Prime as well which I do recommend at least trying https://www.amazon.com/TORINO-PRO/b...451011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=TORINO+PRO

- Suave Coconut Shampoo. Like $1.89 and I only use it like once every 3 weeks anyways lol https://www.target.com/p/suave-esse...g_7X7ZanG1UaUh6gjxBoCWV4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

- Daily Defense Argan Oil Deep Conditioner, smells pretty good and works well. You can find it at Dollar Tree too, but its in a grey container and I’m unsure on what scent it has https://www.walmart.com/ip/Daily-De...07691421503998134808&affillinktype=15&veh=aff

- As I Am Coconut Cowash. Recommended by my gf and sis :lol: little more expensive but it smells good and its not as abrasive as shampoos are, think of it more like a cleanser https://www.sallybeauty.com/as-i-am-coconut-cowash/SBS-341214,default,pd.html

- Softee Bergamot Hair Dress & Pressing Oil. Honestly I use this as more of a lotion for my hair when I’m not using conditioners or cremes. It gives good shine, keeps your hair soft for a bit and its cheap https://www.houseofbeautyworld.com/...JUZYw3r9rmfx3J5N2hjoyxXch0zEU5HhoCokoQAvD_BwE

- Pantene Gold Series Leave-On Detangling Milk. I bought this when I had that sponge **** to get the naps untangled, but I still use it now as more of a lotion when I’m feeling dry https://pantene.com/en-us/product/leave-on-detangling-milk

- Creme of Nature Mango & Shea Butter Ultra-Moisturizing Conditioner. Around $5 and does the trick. It's right in between watery and thick, so I'd say maybe it has a creamy texture. Smells good and lasts for a while https://www.walmart.com/ip/Creme-of...35&wl11=local&wl12=51517591&wl13=1682&veh=sem

- The thot stuff :lol: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Difference between this and Cantu is that this is a lot more expensive depending on where you go, and in my case Cantu tended to flake up and crystallize in the container so this was the better option to me. Has a similar smell but it has good hold, just don't use too much https://www.target.com/p/sheamoistu...cus-curl-enhancing-smoothie-12oz/-/A-12239244

And just for some other stuff:

- Just a regular semi wide/ closed comb from the local beauty supply store
- Dollar tree handle mirror
- Extra virgin olive oil on nights if I feel like it before I rag up
- S Curl 360 Style Wave Pomade (unused yet but it smells good and washes right out of your hand unlike Murrays or whatever imo)
illmatic kid illmatic kid from the 360 thread

illmatic kid illmatic kid from the 360 thread
Don't quote me but I think that s-curl 360 has Petroleum in it and that's not really good for your hair.. well I know for sure it wasn't for mine it used to dry my scalp out but if you've had no problems with it then that's cool.. I currently use shea moisture products and they work pretty well for me...

Don't quote me but I think that s-curl 360 has Petroleum in it and that's not really good for your hair.. well I know for sure it wasn't for mine it used to dry my scalp out but if you've had no problems with it then that's cool.. I currently use shea moisture products and they work pretty well for me...
All good, I think I read somewhere on here pomade in general isn't really good for your hair.

Seemed pretty reputable in the wave community though and wouldn't be used everyday so I picked it up. I'll probably see how it does for me soon so I can work on my crown area cause its trash right now lol

All good, I think I read somewhere on here pomade in general isn't really good for your hair.

Seemed pretty reputable in the wave community though and wouldn't be used everyday so I picked it up. I'll probably see how it does for me soon so I can work on my crown area cause its trash right now lol
Lol yea I feel you on that my man.. when I had shorter here I used to use this pomade from cold label and I'm pretty sure a lot of people on here know about it because that's where I first heard about it LOL.. look it up.. I think you can get it on Amazon still because that's where I used to get mine..

Lol yea I feel you on that my man.. when I had shorter here I used to use this pomade from cold label and I'm pretty sure a lot of people on here know about it because that's where I first heard about it LOL.. look it up.. I think you can get it on Amazon still because that's where I used to get mine..
I'll check it out too. I know it had at least a small following though, 360 Jeezy on YT loves that **** :lol:

I'll check it out too. I know it had at least a small following though, 360 Jeezy on YT loves that **** :lol:
Lol I know..it's a natural pomade and they have a smooth butter version and a wolfing version which is thicker for if you're growing your hair out for a bit before you cut it.. they have some people on YouTube doing reviews for it so you can check that out before you decide to purchase some..

Honestly I think I’ve had 4 cuts my entire life. Afro, bald fade during youth, ceaser with the waves pretty much from high school until two months ago when I finally balded the whole thing.

A clean cut is a must tho, I haven’t gone more than two weeks without a cut/edge since high school for sure.

You made what you wanna call a joke and I gave my rebuttal..that was that..then you reply again and try throwing insults by saying "where y'all from" like my question was a regional question. I showed no signs of being bent out of shape but you clearly did... seriously though dude how old are you..smh the last part of your message makes absolutely no sense because I never even mentioned anything about a razor blade so what the hell are you talking about. my barber can make a person's hairline look extra crisp without even using a razor..so umm..again what the hell are you talking about.. you made your own distinction.. it is what it is leave it at that but don't get as you say bent out of shape just because someone doesn't agree with you..

Yo look at you man, writing paragraphs and ****. Stop being so sensitive.

It's Friday go out and get you some ***** with your anti-crispy hairline having ***. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom