Black guy hair cuts

Bought this Cantu Leave in Conditioner(Men's Collection) and not sure how it compares to the Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor Oil alternative, but gets the job done I suppose.

As I've said before, trying to grow my hair out to a respectable length to get dreads...just a different look from the traditional taper/bald fade I've been going with.

Did realize I'm still going to have to get a line up to get the look pristine, but if there's a will, there's a way.

For some reason though, feel like my hair texture is too rough...

Bought this Cantu Leave in Conditioner(Men's Collection) and not sure how it compares to the Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor Oil alternative, but gets the job done I suppose.

As I've said before, trying to grow my hair out to a respectable length to get dreads...just a different look from the traditional taper/bald fade I've been going with.

Did realize I'm still going to have to get a line up to get the look pristine, but if there's a will, there's a way.

Just grow your hair for 6-8 months and you should be good pa.

This is my hair after 8 months of growth from a 1 all around. (I rarely went to the barbershop since they were hitting heads just for a lineup. Just used a trimmer for that.)

47B5EC00-A209-4204-A3FC-0B5BB9DFCFAE.jpeg

Got my hair locked the next month and now it’s over 2 years since I’ve had them.

Is your hair really thick? My hair is really thick which makes it a hassle while growing it out because you can't do much with it when it curls back up even after applying all types of conditioners...

I was growing my hair out but decided to cut it off.

Showed my barber a pic of how I wanted my cut to be. Man....barbers be in they own little world. Haircut look nothing like the pic. He damn near gave me a skin fade and I can barely see my beard. Face look like a damn new born. Thank God hair grows back.

This ain’t his first **** up. I’m about to switch barbers like Paperboi. I’m a bit too loyal when it comes to barbers.

Going through this right now. I went to paying $25, to $30 to $40 w tip each barber I change.

Ok, 2 days post shave and no bumps or burn.

I think I found my best method of shaving with this safety razor. :wow: :pimp:

Ive always used the eyebrow razers from sallys beauty supply the solid pink/ blue/ yellow ones. They only last a couple uses but they are great for lines and touching up. Trader joes has some tea tree facial wash that works (with exfoliating) for me. I also extract any in grown hairs with a tweezer because it wont start healing till you do. Can get painful at times but with the deep ones but its better than paying an estitian.

Let go of the wave/fade with a taper on the side/back look and now I'm rocking a nice size afro. Trying to decide if I want to go back to my original look or keep the afro and get a side/back taper with it instead.

40 my guy? You getting scammed

|l I kno. The thing is he started @ 30 and when I was happy he went up. Happened twice. I’m thinking I should just go to whoever is open let him know I have commitment issues. I’m currently looking like captain caveman a bit right now & about to see a new barber (i.e.:start over) this week. Haven’t discussed his prices yet.
U think they take they way u dress & look in to consideration when they price your cut?

|l I kno. The thing is he started @ 30 and when I was happy he went up. Happened twice. I’m thinking I should just go to whoever is open let him know I have commitment issues. I’m currently looking like captain caveman a bit right now & about to see a new barber (i.e.:start over) this week. Haven’t discussed his prices yet.
U think they take they way u dress & look in to consideration when they price your cut?

If he started at 30 and went up twice in what sounds like a short time period you shoulda let him know he was tripping and asked what the hell happened to 30 or just found another barber. I know it sucks starting over but you can’t be out here getting finessed like that

What’s up the drop fades! I’ve been to several barbers and have asked them not to drop the fade, yet they drop it. I finally find a guy that doesn’t drop it but it has been getting lower and lower in the back.

I went home ( Houston) and let my old barber cut me. As usual cut was on point and had him pics of it. Fast forward a month later I’m back in the DMV and I show my barber my pics and tell him, I want the exact hair cut, he pauses and says he’ll try. I ask “you can’t do it’”, he says he can’t guarantee another mans cut cause we different dudes with different hair types and head shapes. I tell him it’s a picture of me. I get up and get in the another’s barbers chair.

Last edited:
What’s up the drop fades! I’ve been to several barbers and have asked them not to drop the fade, yet they drop it. I finally find a guy that doesn’t drop it but it has been getting lower and lower in the back.

I went home ( Houston) and let my old barber cut me. As usual cut was on point and had him pics of it. Fast forward a month later I’m back in the DMV and I show my barber my pics and tell him, I want the exact hair cut, he pauses and says he’ll try. I ask “you can’t do it’”, he says he can’t guarantee another mans cut cause we different dudes with different hair types and head shapes. I tell him it’s a picture of me. I get up and get in the another’s barbers chair.

Lmao.

I've been paying $25 since moving to the h-town. Some of these barbers can't even cut $25 style haircut for them to gouge these prices, for a simple haircut.

Last edited:
Anyone have any youtube videos around how to maintain a beard? I usually let my barber do it but I only go every two weeks so at a point it starts to look crazy.

Anyone know where I can get a solid cut in Vegas??

Willing to travel off strip but not too far.

Paying $30 to a cat that doesnt even do a great job, just dont know anyone else out here i can trust.

growing my hair out for braids/cornrows and its long enough all over but the kitchen is lackin. lol

heard castor oil and just keeping it moisturized in general will generate growth.

you guys got any practices or products to recommend?

Prices should be posted visibly... if not they can get fined

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm paying $40 for my cuts but my barber seems to be the only one that's able to get my fade right
you rich tho

I pay 20 tip included
that's what I used to pay until my barber opened up his own shop and said he was charging $25 now :smh:

Back
Top Bottom