Black guy hair cuts

I went to my local art of shave and got a facial and shave once. Skin was irritated for a day or two but the recovery was fast and I could tell their line was legit. Wouldnt trust them with my fade though, and they didn’t offer that wax I’ve seen on Instagram

If he can get enough people willing to pay that price, then more power to him. I think alot of barbers are feeling very motivated right now to raise their prices and that's great for them, but customers have options as well. With YouTube self cut tutorials, it's really easy to learn to cut your own hair. There was no such thing as YouTube back in the 90's when I was teaching myself to cut. Thank God for my brother's low standards because he didn't even realize how bad I was messing him up.

For those interested, here's that barber Dlucs' YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnzlL_vQx7mACn1IpjAbdDA

Playuh...
giphy.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dudes steady raising prices, and some suckas are still willing to pay. Barbers think that just because they have an IG following and some reposts on social that they're celeb barbers or something now.

Ain't no way in hell I'm paying $100 for a haircut. If I was a ballplayer or something yeah, but hell nah

Dudes charging these stupid prices because they want to play IG celeb more than they really want to cut hair. The more they charge per cut the less heads they gotta cut in the chair per day. I smell the game.

I'm not mad at the hustle tho. Get yours, but don't expect mine.

I'm about to order some new wireless Seniors and Bevel T blade soon. Bout to take my self cuts to the next level. Feel like I've outgrown these normal wireless Wahls I have already

I'm about to order some new wireless Seniors and Bevel T blade soon. Bout to take my self cuts to the next level. Feel like I've outgrown these normal wireless Wahls I have already

The cordless Seniors are dope and I've heard great things about those Bevel trimmers with T blade, but if you want to save some coin the cordless Magic Clips and Andis Slimline Pro Li are about as good as it gets.

The cordless Seniors are dope and I've heard great things about those Bevel trimmers with T blade, but if you want to save some coin the cordless Magic Clips and Andis Slimline Pro Li are about as good as it gets.

giphy.gif

Good looking out :pimp:

I haven't held the slimline pro's in hand, I'll look those up. I was actually debating between the magic clips and the seniors and I kind of liked how the seniors have a heftier feel and that little thumb grip on them. BUT the magic clips are a big cheaper and could do me just as good. The more money saved the better

giphy.gif

Good looking out :pimp:

I haven't held the slimline pro's in hand, I'll look those up. I was actually debating between the magic clips and the seniors and I kind of liked how the seniors have a heftier feel and that little thumb grip on them. BUT the magic clips are a big cheaper and could do me just as good. The more money saved the better

I have both cordless Magic Clips and Seniors. The Seniors have a stronger motor, but a little shorter battery life (Seniors = 70 minutes, Magic = 90 minutes). I use the Seniors for bulk cutting with guards for taking down longer hair quicker and easier. I use the Magic Clips for fading without guards to achieve a smooth blend because I feel the slower RPM is more forgiving and takes less hair in each stroke so you can be a bit more precise, whereas if you aren't careful with the Seniors that hair is GONE the instant the blade touches it. Hope that makes sense.

Man came in with a full beard, barber shaved it down, then filled it back in with the fake me out fibers to give the look that dude naturally has?

Dude could have just faded the guys natural hair to do exactly what he used to spray for instead of shaving it down so low.

But I guess how else could he hit dudes with the $40 black ice fee?

Man came in with a full beard, barber shaved it down, then filled it back in with the fake me out fibers to give the look that dude naturally has?

Dude could have just faded the guys natural hair to do exactly what he used to spray for instead of shaving it down so low.

these dudes barbers don't be nice with the clippers if they gotta use the oxtail gravy on they face & linings ...also i don't trust barbers that wear gloves.

Is the fee more for black ice spray or black ice in the container that they manually apply?

not srs

I have a wired senior right now but having a cordless senior would be nice. My only concern is how long the battery will last after more than a year of use. Once that battery dies, the clipper is pretty much useless.

How much are y’all paying for a cut? My barber charging $40 now. She’s the homie so I’ve been paying around $28 tip included.

$20 + tip.

My barber actually knows how to cut my hair the way i want it. So im content with his prices.

Before i was spending $20-30 and these other barbers could do a ceaser. They was like what’s that?!!?

I have a wired senior right now but having a cordless senior would be nice. My only concern is how long the battery will last after more than a year of use. Once that battery dies, the clipper is pretty much useless.

You can always use it corded if necessary. That being said, I’ve had a cordless Designer for over 5 years on the original battery. I bought replacement batteries online from a barber supply store and swapped the ones in both my Designer and Magic Clip very quick and easy. Neither one had slowed or died, but I was mainly just curious about if I could DIY.

My barber opened up his own shop earlier this year so he said he was going to increase prices to offset costs. I used to give him a dub and it was all good, now I give him $25 for a full cut plus beard(or lack thereof) trim and lineup.

With the holidays here, do y'all show barbers some extra love? Like do you pay him double or give him a $5 extra tip on top of what you already pay?

Posted this in the waves thread.

The older I get, the less I focus on getting them perfect. Just brush and what not. I have pics of my high school self where they were spinning crazy. These days I’m just glad they’re still there and my hairline is in tact :lol:

D2D022BE-9A69-40C4-B076-CB4D302348E3.jpeg

With the holidays here, do y'all show barbers some extra love? Like do you pay him double or give him a $5 extra tip on top of what you already pay?
***** **** my barber I’m paying 30 tip included so I’m not giving that ***** any extra. He can go kick rocks

Back
Top Bottom