Black guy hair cuts

Cut the COVID for down this week.

Gonna take me a few weeks to get some respectable waves dippin again.

What's the best brush in the game right now?

Was a huge fan of the original CQP brushes back in the day. Got one that's been going strong for almost 10 years, but their products went down hill after they blew up. Last two brushes I bought from them were poor quality.

I still have the hair growing. Got the beard cut yesterday though. All the way off. Down to the 5 oclock shadow/stubble. I'm digging it with the long hair. Beard was hella long. Got the sides and back tapered, but hair still growing. Havent had my hair long in like 8 or so yrs. Its about 2.5-3" now. I had 360s, so now that its long, its hella curly and soft and thick. Using a curl sponge and shea moisture milk, that I learned about in here and love.

Any other tips or products yall recommend?

Been using Cantu leave in conditioner
and Napping Gel
038600D3-A388-43CA-BFF2-735BEA0553C7.jpeg

92283973-7C43-4AD0-9A62-4C8B82D0541E.jpeg
What's the purpose of each? Get one without the other?
Using olive cream now and tried it with the sponge and I'm not feeling the outcome. It looks like those little knotty twists like I'm trying to start dreads.
My texture of hair is different. No games, if I pick it out and brush it lightly, it looks like I've had curlers in it. Like Terrance Howard on hustle n flow.

Homegirl I ain't seen in a few months asked if my hair was a man-weave :lol: She said "30 y.o men don't have hair that dark". I ain't know whether to be offended or not.
Lol fam I was thinking that people might think I'm playing foul too. I'm 36 and I'm just now trying out something new and literally no one in my life has ever seen me with hair this long, including myself. A guy that went to my college is obviously dabbling with the man weaves. He's about 15 years older than me and just now started busting out 2 pac juice fades and such after having a struggle line for years.

After eyeing them for 4 years, I finally pulled the trigger on the bevel trimmer. I'm kinda glad I waited bc they apparently addressed some issues in this model. And it's the limited edition black joints. Also picked up a wireless clipper off Amazon for 40. Been using my current combo since 08 and figured it was time to upgrade.

Been using Cantu leave in conditioner
and Napping Gel
92283973-7C43-4AD0-9A62-4C8B82D0541E.jpeg
Think I might give this a shot on my beard, been using Scotch Porter and no complaints however want to see what other products might do. Either going to try the Cantu or the stuff someone mentioned a few pages back.

Garner_s_Garden_Beard_Butter_2.86oz_2115654594_1024x.jpg

Decided to come home and started shaving my head bald in January 2019

and these two products have been a god send for me. No bumps, no skin irritation. Completely satisfied

23D1788F-63C0-4041-AB4F-27FF8342B6D7.jpeg

My only issue is I get dry scalp even after using various hair greases. Can anyone recommend any oils or grease that prevent this?
Nice I use those when I am tightening up my beard.

Bringing back that Demolition Man cut. Dude is an embarrassment why he have to be a Laker.
tenor.gif

So you rockin that Shannon Sharpe or do you have the part lower by the fade?
tenor (1).gif
I like the bottom a little more faded. It’s a skin fade from the bottom of my neck until an inch or so above the ear up to a #2

Hair on top of a good length now, been growing it 3 months. I've been fading the sides. I really want to try a curve part on the top but I'm too shook. Might have to have my boy that's a barber do it for me.

Currently have locs. Think I’m gonna go bald for the first time in my life. Razor shave and cut the beard and moustache off. Nervous about it but I’m not get this urge and curiosity out of my head so Ima go for it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom