Black guy hair cuts

Mine is 25$ in LA which I feel is a bargain I always tip 5 though so it's 30$; only get cut once a month though.

So i got my hair cut some months ago and out of nowhere it looked like I was thinning in the corners. I say outta nowhere because for the past few yesrs I've been wearing twists for months at a time. Maybe in the last three years, I had like 3-4 cuts, so i was like damn. This past cut, I asked for a low fade, which I've never done before. I'd always just get a 1.5 all around whenever I did cut my hair. After that cut, I twisted my hair again. But just yesterday, I took them out, washed it and everything and noticed no signs of thinning whatsoever. I'm just curious, did I get a bad cut, or is it because my hair has grown out that I can't notice it?

Last edited:
Barber just told me today it's $25 and my son is $20

I was already giving him $45 for both of us which is ridiculous and now you want me to go up. Idk man. Got me really considering looking into other places. We just get fades, nothing fancy, no beard or anything.

Barber just told me today it's $25 and my son is $20

I was already giving him $45 for both of us which is ridiculous and now you want me to go up. Idk man. Got me really considering looking into other places. We just get fades, nothing fancy, no beard or anything.

Time to get some clippers and learn on your son till you're good enough to start cutting your own!

I cut my hair twice a week to have my hair the perfect length and to keep the fade on point. My barber in Dallas chargers 17 but I always give him a 20. If I didn't cut my own hair I would be paying $160 a month [emoji]128558[/emoji].

We expect an increase in pay as the years go on and inflation goes up, can't blame barbers for feeling the same way.

Son really crying over $20. I don't even know where it's cheaper than that.
word I was getting my haircut every week for 25 plus a 7 dollar tip every week... 32 buck x 4 weeks for about a year straight.

then I found a barber whose shop is way nicer and only charges 15 dollars for a cut. I just give him a 20 and call it a day...  I get the same basic hair cut everytime all even.... any barber can do it.... its all about the customer service for me 

btw 20 dollars is a bargain these days

Last edited:
Gotta learn how to cut my own hair soon.

Barber charging $20 a cut now. Disrespectful *** dude told me while I was in the chair getting a cut. Talking about "I write my prices on my mirror" like I pay attention to that smeared *** mirror ever.

I'm so tired of this ****. Charging $20 just so they can buy variant *** D'usse, trash *** NFL/NBA fitteds and eat takeout every day.

Broke ******* then they wonder why they only have $27 on their Rush card.

Man who y'all recommend as far as YT channels on cutting your own hair?
**** is crazy. My barber only cut my sides for the past 2 years and still charged me a full $20. That's with no tip included tho. I literally did nothing to the top of my hair, I'd tell people and they be like "you got a haircut?"

They probably make bank, I'm sure my barber gets at least 10 clients a day, around $20 each, plus the shop has like 4 other barbers and one gay dude working the salon in the back. So imagine how much they make a day.

When I went to DR I got a shape-up dumb cheap. Like $150 pesos. That's less than $5 usd.

Ya talking **** like $20 is nothing, but people be going into the barber shop often, those little $20's add the up quick. Even a damn line up is $15. I stay with my barber because he's the best one I've had. I tried a few and they just don't cut it. But damn, I've been with homie for about 10 years, homie never gave me a free cut lol. 

Fresh chop

Back
Top Bottom