Black guy hair cuts

Used a safety razor to shave today instead of my clippers.

Pray for me.
will be praying for you dawg, I’m using a butterfly safety but no matter how much exfoliating/beard oil i use my face will be on crunch bar. It sucks because I don’t wanna beard no more. the summer coming up and I enjoy being clean shaven

will be praying for you dawg, I’m using a butterfly safety but no matter how much exfoliating/beard oil i use my face will be on crunch bar. It sucks because I don’t wanna beard no more. the summer coming up and I enjoy being clean shaven

Do you use a hot towel before shaving?

I was growing my hair out but decided to cut it off.

Showed my barber a pic of how I wanted my cut to be. Man....barbers be in they own little world. Haircut look nothing like the pic. He damn near gave me a skin fade and I can barely see my beard. Face look like a damn new born. Thank God hair grows back.

This ain’t his first **** up. I’m about to switch barbers like Paperboi. I’m a bit too loyal when it comes to barbers.

I was growing my hair out but decided to cut it off.

Showed my barber a pic of how I wanted my cut to be. Man....barbers be in they own little world. Haircut look nothing like the pic. He damn near gave me a skin fade and I can barely see my beard. Face look like a damn new born. Thank God hair grows back.

This ain’t his first **** up. I’m about to switch barbers like Paperboi. I’m a bit too loyal when it comes to barbers.
Man I've been there several times fam and I know how you feel.. as I got older I had to be more persistent and once I got a good barber I let him know exactly what I want and how I want it.. I had the paul george fro and ended up getting a nas fade yesterday and now I'm kinda low-key wishing I had kept my hair..smh.. It never fails I do that every single time... what hairstyle were you going for?

Man I've been there several times fam and I know how you feel.. as I got older I had to be more persistent and once I got a good barber I let him know exactly what I want and how I want it.. I had the paul george fro and ended up getting a nas fade yesterday and now I'm kinda low-key wishing I had kept my hair..smh.. It never fails I do that every single time... what hairstyle were you going for?
6-slim-fade-haircut-black-men.jpg

I was going for this exact cut. Same length at the top, all that. Pretty simple right? But homeboy couldn’t get the job done. Cut it extremely too low with a higher fade and I might as well not have a beard with how low he cut it. My **** look like Kobe in his final years in the league :smh:

6-slim-fade-haircut-black-men.jpg

I was going for this exact cut. Same length at the top, all that. Pretty simple right? But homeboy couldn’t get the job done. Cut it extremely too low with a higher fade and I might as well not have a beard with how low he cut it. My **** look like Kobe in his final years in the league :smh:
Damn fam he gave you the final years of kobe joint..lol.. is this your normal barber and if so it might be time to make that change fam. As someone already said it does look like a low mid fade or low drop fade..
It favors this one a tad bit except his is more bald on his drop fade...

Yeah I copped the bevel and it was amazing, but after 3 weeks all of a sudden the crunchiness started, had to give it up.

I get my cut next week, and it's toss up between an all around fade with 3 dark (Enough to get some waves), or just keep it long and fading the sides (Imagine Denzel's cuts in Antoine Fisher and Training day). But it's been cold on the east coast and it isn't quite summer yet even though it's almost may. When it get's hot, the beard is coming off.

Damn fam he gave you the final years of kobe joint..lol.. is this your normal barber and if so it might be time to make that change fam. As someone already said it does look like a low mid fade or low drop fade..
It favors this one a tad bit except his is more bald on his drop fade...

thats exactly what i wanted. Just didn't know the name.

long story with how i stumbled across this barber :lol: but imma just hit up this shop i originally started at and hope my boy still there. Haven't seen or talked to him in like 3years.

thats exactly what i wanted. Just didn't know the name.

long story with how i stumbled across this barber :lol: but imma just hit up this shop i originally started at and hope my boy still there. Haven't seen or talked to him in like 3years.
Lol all good my dude... hope that next cut turns out good for you and you get exactly what you want... and if you want to see different variations of that haircut just go on youtube and type in drop fade..

Shave with or against the grain?
I try to do wtg, one side of my beard grows straight down and the other side is slanted going towards my neck, my issue is under the chin where i cant tell the grow pattern. the hair on my face is straight but under chin is where it’s coiled
Im sure you have since you’re in this thread, but I gotta ask. Have you tried bump stopper?
Yea I have, I hated how bad it f’d with my skin though. I had flakes of my face coming off with bump stopper

Idk dawg I wear the drop fade up there but I keep taking it lower bc I’m slowly coming home. Works for me
i feel you on coming home, my texture is loose curls up top but only one side is coiled. I see slight hints of my scalp but I’m gonna go full elfrid payton in my last voyage before i gotta chop the top and rock the bokeem :smh::rofl:

Cop some Bump Patrol
. been there done that, every time I use bump control or bump stopper i break out like i’m in highschool. I got good skin and it jsnt worth me putting it to risk with those products unfortunately

Ok, 2 days post shave and no bumps or burn.

I think I found my best method of shaving with this safety razor. :wow: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom