Black guy hair cuts

That's how my hair has been lately. The only thing I can say is have the right brushes in your arsenal. My hair is mini afro length now so I have to go hard brush followed with medium brush followed by soft brush to keep my waves looking decent.

That's how my hair has been lately. The only thing I can say is have the right brushes in your arsenal. My hair is mini afro length now so I have to go hard brush followed with medium brush followed by soft brush to keep my waves looking decent.
I don't have wavy hair but I have a whole brushing routine, I have a super hard bursh, sometimes hard, medium, soft. I usually switch to the medium or soft on my drive into work.

Post before and after
That boy did his thing.
Screenshot_20190130-132245_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190130-110505_Gallery.jpg

000 is the default clipper closed bald minimal stubble length. 00000 is trimmer bald barely any noticeable stubble length.

Is there a setting to get it to close like a razor shave? I've tried the razor and the back of my head broke out something serious, so I've been strictly clippers(Andis T-Outliner). I only want a bald head and to trim my beard so I know I don't need much.

Side note: Are there any Bevel clippers owners? What do you guys think? It's my 35th birthday this weekend, and I was thinking on hooking myself up.

Is there a setting to get it to close like a razor shave? I've tried the razor and the back of my head broke out something serious, so I've been strictly clippers(Andis T-Outliner). I only want a bald head and to trim my beard so I know I don't need much.

Side note: Are there any Bevel clippers owners? What do you guys think? It's my 35th birthday this weekend, and I was thinking on hooking myself up.

You can never get razor close from a clipper or trimmer because of the thickness of the stationary blade. Zero gapping your T Outliner can get pretty close, but you risk razor burn from having the moving blade irritate your skin if you set it too close. Have you tried a foil shaver? Using a foil shaver with the grain will probably keep you from getting ingrown hairs, but once you push it against the grain you risk having the hairs cut below the skin. I used to worry about getting my fade razor bald, but realized it only lasts half a day before I can feel stubble anyway so why risk it?

I'm curious what it is about the Bevel that intrigues you most. It's a very nice trimmer, but for that price it's not any better than a T Outliner. If you want cordless, the cordless T Outliner is still a better deal. If you want an adjustable trimmer, the Wahl Cordless Detailer is much cheaper. Best personal trimmer for the money is the Slimline Pro, IMO.

EDIT: here's a good video about avoiding razor bumps, but I know there are so many opinions on this subject

You can never get razor close from a clipper or trimmer because of the thickness of the stationary blade. Zero gapping your T Outliner can get pretty close, but you risk razor burn from having the moving blade irritate your skin if you set it too close. Have you tried a foil shaver? Using a foil shaver with the grain will probably keep you from getting ingrown hairs, but once you push it against the grain you risk having the hairs cut below the skin. I used to worry about getting my fade razor bald, but realized it only lasts half a day before I can feel stubble anyway so why risk it?

I'm curious what it is about the Bevel that intrigues you most. It's a very nice trimmer, but for that price it's not any better than a T Outliner. If you want cordless, the cordless T Outliner is still a better deal. If you want an adjustable trimmer, the Wahl Cordless Detailer is much cheaper. Best personal trimmer for the money is the Slimline Pro, IMO.

EDIT: here's a good video about avoiding razor bumps, but I know there are so many opinions on this subject

My bad. I have the Styliner, not the Outliner. I've adjusted it a while back, but I'll take a look when I get off of work and see what's up.

With the foil, you do that after you cut with the clippers, correct? And always with the grain? I keep hearing pros and cons about how it snatches the hair.

That's a great video. Thank you for that and the information.

I follow these advice but I still get bumps on my neck when I use a straight razor

The neck is a tough area, especially if it's anything like mine where the grain goes in different directions. You really gotta spend time figuring out in which directions it grows.

just throw some apple cider vinegar ( raw) on ya neck area after shaving itll knock all that out with the quickness(coconut oil as a moisturizer ..for me keeps the bumps down also)..simple

My bad. I have the Styliner, not the Outliner. I've adjusted it a while back, but I'll take a look when I get off of work and see what's up.

With the foil, you do that after you cut with the clippers, correct? And always with the grain? I keep hearing pros and cons about how it snatches the hair.

That's a great video. Thank you for that and the information.

Styliner II is a great trimmer when properly adjusted.

Most foil shavers will only clean up stubble, so yes you should take the hair down first with a clipper or trimmer. I have the Braun series 9 and that thing mows through hair, so I don’t even touch my Andis profoil anymore if you want it.

Styliner II is a great trimmer when properly adjusted.

Most foil shavers will only clean up stubble, so yes you should take the hair down first with a clipper or trimmer. I have the Braun series 9 and that thing mows through hair, so I don’t even touch my Andis profoil anymore if you want it.

Seriously? How much? PM me

Gonna try something new that involves letting me hair get thicker. Don't know exactly what. Maybe just the curly fro maybe something different

Black-Owned Mobile Barber Shop is Just Like Uber, But For Haircuts!

In today's fast-paced world, most people would want convenient and quick service whether it be transportation, food, or anything so as to not waste too much time. Darren Tenkorang, a 24-year old Black entrepreneur from England, thought it would be profitable to use the same idea for male grooming. So, he co-founded Trim-It, a barber-shop-on-wheels that people can book via an app, basically like Uber!
BBC. "We live our life fast-paced."

He decided to join the StartUp Sussex enterprise competition for student entrepreneurs. He proposed an idea of an app that would allow people, not just those who use Afro-Caribbean barbers, to book an appointment at a salon for a fixed time with a particular barber.

In his proposal, he also added an idea of a mobile barber shop where barbers would drive to clients in a van. The idea, which he called Trim-It app, won the competition and Darren was named the University of Sussex's Student Entrepreneur of the Year.

He used the £10,000 prize (about $13,000 USD) and recruited fellow contender and student, Nana Darko, to make his idea into a reality. Together, they signed up barbers and built the app which was immediately swamped with bookings. They thought it was becoming successful until they came across inevitable challenges: unpunctual barbers resulted in negative customer feedback, and then they also eventually ran out of money.

Taking things to the next level

Eventually, they realized it was time to take a risk by means of the mobile barber vans. They sought financial support from family and friends. After raising a five-figure sum, they were once again ready to jump-start the business with their first van -- modified into a mini-barber shop powered by an electric generator -- and two full-time barbers in February 2018.

The power of word-of-mouth worked on them as a lot of men, mostly young, Black millennials and professionals, made bookings. They also worked with celebrity customers such as musicians Charlie Sloth and Sneakbo. In addition, more investors signed up with the business, allowing them to raise a six-figure sum.

Currently, there are three Trim-It vans in operation. While the relatively high cost of their haircut may not affect its success, they are still facing other obstacles including parking, traffic, climate change, and the sentimental attachment to visiting traditional barber shops. Despite that, Darren is still very much optimistic that he can modernize the barbering business.

"Mobile barbershops will be a thing, trust me," he said

https://www.blackbusiness.org/2019/...SyCnyoHPqyFPebxkRjR8Q7JNjJOAmp1O_GJIgRFyrbIMo

You wait in your Uber barber and bruh still goin say "I got one before you"
Oh yeah this guy has an appointment he was here earlier. I certainly hope the best for the guy, so many legal ways to make money that people just haven't opened their mind up to. I had a barber here in VA that cut the ******** hair, and would go to there house like 10 years ago. Sometimes they would come in and get their haircut, obviously go straight to the chair. I would be HIGHLY pissed since I am waiting.

I do think there's a niche market for mobile barbers, but it's not going mainstream. It's more of a high-end service for affluent people who pay a premium to a specific barber to come to them on nights/weekends so they don't have to deal with the BS of sitting and waiting in a barber shop or salon during business hours.

Back
Top Bottom