Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

I believe it was actually behind every hole on the upper

air-jordan-vi-og-infrared-instyleshoes-4.jpg

500x1000px-LL-2f106c12_air-jordan-6-infrared-3m.png

not every hole. just the ankle and the larger panel. the front triangle of holes didn't have 3m.

beautiful photos. GOAT right there.

FINALLY CONCRETE INFO.. THANKS TO JM.. CANT WAIT.. AFTER THESE AND COLUMBIAS IM VOWING TO BUY NO MORE SO THIS YEAR SHALL BE GREAT!

If we got a retro just like this I would be so hype....heck I would be hype if they gave us the correct materials OR the 3M scotch lite.

Let's hope they choose correct materials over 3M. Looking good all the time > looking good when the flash hits :lol:

Add correct shape to that and Im straight

I can forgive the 3M, I can maybe even forgive the Nubuck - But I cannot abide by any more banana toe

I can forgive the 3M, I can maybe even forgive the Nubuck - But I cannot abide by any more banana toe

I think it's pretty safe to say these will have the banana toe. Look at the White Infras and Carmines releasing this year. That toe ain't changing just cause they're the Blacks. The 3M is more likely but that ain't happening either. Only thing I feel confident about is them putting Durabuck on these and a more OG shade infrared to distinguish from the '10 pack. That's good enough for me at this point.

Last edited:

I think it's pretty safe to say these will have the banana toe. Look at the White Infras and Carmines releasing this year. That toe ain't changing just cause they're the Blacks. The 3M is more likely but that ain't happening either. Only thing I feel confident about is them putting Durabuck on these and a more OG shade infrared to distinguish from the '10 pack. That's good enough for me at this point.

All these pairs with the bad toe boxes are GM pairs which explains why in some pics they have a good toe box and in others they are jacked up

Sadly I think you're right.
But I just can't stand the distortion in the shape, especially of the IV, V, VI, and Ive never seen any explanation for why JB keeps making it worse

All these pairs with the bad toe boxes are GM pairs which explains why in some pics they have a good toe box and in others they are jacked up

Nah, unfortunately, grey market has not been the cause of the banana toe
JB has been releasing jacked up shapes for years
The IV has looked right since before 2006, and now this issue has crept into last years V's, and recent VI's as well

Frankly, grey market and bootleg probably have better molds than JB at this point

Last edited:

Nah, unfortunately, grey market has not been the cause of the banana toe
JB has been releasing jacked up shapes for years
The IV has looked right since before 2006, and now this issue has crept into last years V's, and recent VI's as well

Frankly, grey market and bootleg probably have better molds than JB at this point

Believe what you will but all of the pairs i've seen of the white infrared pairs havent had that bootcut toe

So im assuming those are GM pairs

Believe what you will but all of the pairs i've seen of the white infrared pairs havent had that bootcut toe

So im assuming those are GM pairs

Its not question of believing, I own plenty of store bought banana toe IV's and V's. This problem is all too real

Now I can't speak on whether the White/Infra VI's we've been seeing are GM or not, I have no idea where they're from, but the pics have had the same problem anyways, suggesting that they are in fact "legit" early pairs of poorass JB quality

compare the long boxy toe of two recent White/Infra to the low-profile OG Black/Infra below

View media item 776138
View media item 776139

Last edited:
Shape and mold has been regressing and gradually becoming worse, i agree with you there

I thought you were talking about the toebox looking like a boot, if its about shape i agree with you all the way it is becoming way worse

Shape and mold has been regressing and gradually becoming worse, i agree with you there

I thought you were talking about the toebox looking like a boot, if its about shape i agree with you all the way it is becoming way worse

For sure

But lord knows I hope they figure the shape out someday soon

Considering that the VI and the XI are tied as my favorite Jordan models of them all, you can say that I'm a little stoked for these.. :smokin

Still got the Infra Pack on ice, but praying that we get some good material and better cushioning.. hopefully the black on the shoe will make the pinkfrared that's on the '14 white/infras look a bit darker.

my theory on the "curved up" toe box on JB retros is that in order to cut cost, they are making the toe box on retros bigger so that the shoe is roomier in the toe, making the shoe seem more comfortable while they remove virtually all the padding that was present in the previous versions...

same thing with removing 3M and using suede instead of durabuck. corporate greed at its finest.

my theory on the "curved up" toe box on JB retros is that in order to cut cost, they are making the toe box on retros bigger so that the shoe is roomier in the toe, making the shoe seem more comfortable while they remove virtually all the padding that was present in the previous versions...

same thing with removing 3M and using suede instead of durabuck. corporate greed at its finest.

That makes sense actually. The new toe box shape combined with the kind of leather they put on most white releases (I just realized that JB hasn't dropped many black leather shoes in the last 3 years :nerd:) also helps reduce creasing, which people seem to love.

That makes sense actually. The new toe box shape combined with the kind of leather they put on most white releases (I just realized that JB hasn't dropped many black leather shoes in the last 3 years :nerd:) also helps reduce creasing, which people seem to love.

Rolled toe caps made sneakers look so much nicer. Without higher quality leathers JB can't do it cuz the synthetic leather would tear ppls toes up.

FINALLY CONCRETE INFO.. THANKS TO JM.. CANT WAIT.. AFTER THESE AND COLUMBIAS IM VOWING TO BUY NO MORE SO THIS YEAR SHALL BE GREAT!
Lol I feel like I should be saying the same but in 2015 if this trend keeps up will be the Hares that I need to acquire along with Bordeaux's (Please re-release these lol) I know they released in 2011 which I got with great ease but I wore the **** out of them and gave them to my cousin in Brazil who liked them, didn't know what they were but then again its Brazil, where they are more concerned about Ronaldo and Neymar. Bought another pair for $185 DS from a friend who didn't want them anymore and those are basically done for. Yes, I do wear my kicks months at a time, I just can't help it when I really like the shoe lol. I try to wear other pairs but ... I fail miserably.

Anyway, after 2015, I shall be done for a long time unless certain models start seeing NA regularly.

Last edited:
^^ Yep, not expecting 3M.. Just hoping for dura. :nerd: Then prob grab a couple and make the Varsities beaters.

13s - 3M was disappointing but still grabbed a pair.. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom