Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

The 2010's were nubuck. :x

We need DURABUCK!!!!!

they were NOT nubuck, the varsity reds were cheap quality suede and the Infrareds were a bit better quality suede. you guys need to figure out what nubuck is

That makes sense actually. The new toe box shape combined with the kind of leather they put on most white releases (I just realized that JB hasn't dropped many black leather shoes in the last 3 years :nerd:) also helps reduce creasing, which people seem to love.

yeah forgot about that, they can also get away with stiffer leather with the big toe boxes and most people won't complaint cuz it's harder to crease

Lol I feel like I should be saying the same but in 2015 if this trend keeps up will be the Hares that I need to acquire along with Bordeaux's (Please re-release these lol) I know they released in 2011 which I got with great ease but I wore the **** out of them and gave them to my cousin in Brazil who liked them, didn't know what they were but then again its Brazil, where they are more concerned about Ronaldo and Neymar. Bought another pair for $185 DS from a friend who didn't want them anymore and those are basically done for. Yes, I do wear my kicks months at a time, I just can't help it when I really like the shoe lol. I try to wear other pairs but ... I fail miserably.

Anyway, after 2015, I shall be done for a long time unless certain models start seeing NA regularly.

of all the people that claim that will retire, you are the funniest

I wouldn't mind if they made them true to the OG's with durabuck, 3m, Nike instead of jumpman and charge $200 like they did with the 3s last year.

of all the people that claim that will retire, you are the funniest
Lmao why is this ? I don't buy Jordan's nearly as much as I'd say 98% of the people in here so I'd say I'm well on my way. I just need a last few 7s to hold me down and I'm good. Unlike the majority I can live without J's, as of right now I literally only have one pair of J's that look semi new. In total, I have 2 pairs, Laney's and WC 88's, every pair I've owned I've either given them away or sold them for MAYBE $20 over retail and a good amount under.

This year and the next are perfect setups for me, if next year goes as planned. Year of the 8-10 I don't like the models, 11, there are some exceptions if OG, 12 and up I'm not really a fan of either, maybe the 18s and 21s. It'll depend on if I could literally walk in and buy or not and that's 6 years from now. I won't stop buying kicks, as of late I've been buying more Reeboks and Ewings. Should Nike retro some of their gems I'll go on to that as well, but Js to me are done after the 7s. Just my preference.

I wouldn't mind if they made them true to the OG's with durabuck, 3m, Nike instead of jumpman and charge $200 like they did with the 3s last year.

We shouldn't have too pay more to get retros done right, at $170 retros should be exactly the same as OG's. :smh:

Especially considering the OG's were already cheaper than this current retail.

People need to stop lining up and bending over so willingly.

Last edited:
Sadly I think you're right.

But I just can't stand the distortion in the shape, especially of the IV, V, VI, and Ive never seen any explanation for why JB keeps making it worse
I think the 4s are pretty good. imo better than og shape.  I think the 2012 bred 4s are the greatest jordan ever.

I'm so confused by this. How can a retro have "superior" shape to the OG?

I am enjoying my 2012 black/cements too, but you're trying to tell me the ashy nubuck with banana toe is the best version of the Almighty Holy Grail OG?

What do you find preferable about the 2006-2012 IVs?

Compare the pinched-in shrunken spacing of the 2006-2012 vs. the properly angled and parallel lines of the OG at the bottom

View media item 87532View media item 88294

2012 is better than the nasty 2006 MARS, but far from the best IV
View media item 88295

Last edited:

I am enjoying my 2012 black/cements too, but you're trying to tell me the ashy nubuck with banana toe is the best version of the Almighty Holy Grail OG?

Compare the pinched-in shrunken spacing of the 2006-2012 vs. the properly angled and parallel lines of the OG at the bottom

View media item 87532View media item 88294

View media item 88295

repped for diagrams lol. people need to understand how much better the OGs and even the 99/00 retros looked just shape wise. even the CDP 4s weren't horrible but each retro the shape gets worse, there's no excuse cuz that was just 2008 I know they still have those molds lol

Mart da God

Haha for sure. The IVs are my favorites, so I get a little obsessive. I actually made those diagrams a year ago for the black/cement 2012 release. The suede actually turned out ok, but I'm still waiting for the day JB fixes the shape for good. Unfortunately Looks like these VIs will keep me waiting

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Mart da God

Haha for sure. The IVs are my favorites, so I get a little obsessive. I actually made those diagrams a year ago for the black/cement 2012 release. The suede actually turned out ok, but I'm still waiting for the day JB fixes the shape for good. Unfortunately Looks like these VIs will keep me waiting

to me it's the suede + the bad shape that makes them so wack. it's just hard to mess up the black cement 4 lol, I got em but only cuz they hit my Nike outlet

to me that og toebox looks bad lol just my opinion

yea the 2012s are a little too curved but overall its better than that superslanted toe.

Not really feeling how pink they are on the white 6's.. The infrared on the 10's that just came out is more of a true infrared.

Not really feeling how pink they are on the white 6's.. The infrared on the 10's that just came out is more of a true infrared.
I haven't seen the Xs in person yet but I will hold my judgement on the infrared shade when I get the white pair in hand and see for my own eyes. At least JB tried to give us the best shade they wanted to

True. It might just be from the pics I've seen of the white 6's too. But they look straight up pink on them. Super bright. Maybe they'll be better looking in person.

Back
Top Bottom