Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Thanks for the explanation PRIME.

It also appears to be different types of nubuck, suede, durabuck, etc.

Regardless of material, I'm sure JB will do these justice once OFFICIAL pics come out.

Well, at least I hope.

:lol:

PRIME PRIME they eventually crack.
My met 5's that recently retroed is starting to crack, although I worn em alot they are still cracking.
Had it been nubuck it would've been a different story

Yeah, eventually it will. No matter how new or old. For sure.

But you got more life and mileage on some 2014 durabuck than you do on some '92 or '00 durabuck.

My met 5's that recently retroed is starting to crack, although I worn em alot they are still cracking.

Wait, your 2007 Metallics are starting to crack? That's crazy, I had a pair of '00s for most of last year (wore those things like 2-3 times every week) that were still perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Wait, your 2007 Metallics are starting to crack? That's crazy, I had a pair of '00s for most of last year (wore those things like 2-3 times every week) that were still perfectly fine

Yeah, I wonder if he's talking about the Metallic V's with the blue sole from a couple years ago. My 2007's are doing fine after plenty of wear

And in any case, the V's have a very consistent and unique form of creasing on the toe box that makes the "cracking" kinda irellevent

Last edited:
Yeah, I wonder if he's talking about the Metallic V's with the blue sole from a couple years ago. My 2007's are doing fine after plenty of wear

And in any case, the V's have a very consistent and unique form of creasing on the toe box that makes the "cracking" kinda irellevent

Agreed on the cracking/creasing not being much of an issue even when it happens. The VI's seem to get it the worst.

I think those garbage 2011 Metallics were suede or nubuck though. Definitely weren't Durabuck.

Agreed on the cracking/creasing not being much of an issue even when it happens. The VI's seem to get it the worst.

I think those garbage 2011 Metallics were suede or nubuck though. Definitely weren't Durabuck.

For sure. I didn't get the 2011's but they seemed low quality, thin materials, and if I recall, the same "suede/nubuck" as the 2012 Black/Cement IV

VI's def have a little trouble with creasing cause of that smooth toe-box.
But if you're gonna wear your shoes you just have to come to terms with creasing

Wait, your 2007 Metallics are starting to crack? That's crazy, I had a pair of '00s for most of last year (wore those things like 2-3 times every week) that were still perfectly fine.
The sad thing is that its my 2010 Met 5's. To my knowledge they are made of durabuck.
My 2007 pairs are starting to show signs of cracking

Last edited:
For sure. I didn't get the 2011's but they seemed low quality, thin materials, and if I recall, the same "suede/nubuck" as the 2012 Black/Cement IV

But if you're gonna wear your shoes you just have to come to terms with creasing

Oh no, I have ZERO problems with my shoes creasing/yellowing/etc. I mainly meant that statement in reference to how the Durabuck on them cracks. It gets ugly on VI's :lol:

I believe the IV's were of slightly higher quality even though that's not saying much, but I'm pretty sure they were in fact the same material. Could be wrong though since I was definitely by both in hand and ended up passing.

The sad thing is that its my 2010 Met 5's. To my knowledge they are made of durabuck.
My 2007 pairs are starting to show signs of cracking

They're a far cry from Durabuck fam :lol: Nubuck on those. I'm genuinely still puzzled though, I'd love to see pictures.

They're a far cry from Durabuck fam
laugh.gif
Nubuck on those. I'm genuinely still puzzled though, I'd love to see pictures.
They are Durabuck 
laugh.gif

Oh no, I have ZERO problems with my shoes creasing/yellowing/etc. I mainly meant that statement in reference to how the Durabuck on them cracks. It gets ugly on VI's :lol:

I believe the IV's were of slightly higher quality even though that's not saying much, but I'm pretty sure they were in fact the same material. Could be wrong though since I was definitely by both in hand and ended up passing.

haha no worries B, I got you.
I was just speaking generally, Ive read enough of your posts to know you actually wear your shoes, like a true collector should :nthat:

My 2012 BC IV's have actually held up pretty well as far as creasing/cracking. The suedey material is getting pretty rough though after a year+ of continuous use

I stopped posting because I didn't feel like having a back and forth with dude. Besides, if he has '07s and '11s and can't feel the difference, there's no point in debating.

haha no worries B, I got you.
I was just speaking generally, Ive read enough of your posts to know you actually wear your shoes, like a true collector should :nthat:

My 2012 BC IV's have actually held up pretty well as far as creasing/cracking. The suedey material is getting pretty rough though after a year+ of continuous use

My man :nthat:

That's disappointing to hear since I was just on the brink of settling too :smh:

Dude can't even get the year right on the metallic v's. It was 2011, not 2010. The nubuck was not the best compared to last year's black cement iv's. But my pair I had I wore almost every day for 7 months for work, 5 days a week. I work outside so that nubuck took a beating and look like absolute crap by month 5. Cracking, fade spots, and just a pain to take care of. So I can only pray for the vi's to have durabuck, if it's nubuck it's a no for me.

I haven't seen the Xs in person yet but I will hold my judgement on the infrared shade when I get the white pair in hand and see for my own eyes. At least JB tried to give us the best shade they wanted to

Are you guys referring to the 2010 white infareds (pack) or white varsity red? Because the varsity reds were not even close to infared as it is much much darker.

I haven't seen the Xs in person yet but I will hold my judgement on the infrared shade when I get the white pair in hand and see for my own eyes. At least JB tried to give us the best shade they wanted to

Are you guys referring to the 2010 white infareds (pack) or white varsity red? Because the varsity reds were not even close to infared as it is much much darker.

I think he's referring to the White Infrareds that drop like next week, as logic would tell us that those would closest to the shade we can expect on these.

I think he's referring to the White Infrareds that drop like next week, as logic would tell us that those would closest to the shade we can expect on these.

I c.
Btw, does anyone know whats the official colorway on the box of the 2014 white/infareds?
I remember on my 2000 black/infareds it said "deep infared" which means it is darker than the standard infared used in other nikes like the nike air 180 running shoes.

Back
Top Bottom