Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Need a better picture... Either way I will cop.... My pics of my Infrapack make the Pack look like a darker shade of black I hope that isn't really the case
The pack pair is darker because they used that sued-ish stuff that they were using. It looks darker than nubuck if that's what these are..
Bingo! The nap of the suede absorbs more light making it appear darker. 

Yea durabuck or closest thing possible to that is a must. I love the infrared hue thats been used thus far this year which I hope continues on these, but once again durabuck is absolutely necessary, that ashy nubuck on these was a travesty...
This, unfortunately for me I haven't had these since the og in grade school, the thirst is unavoidable.

And i dont care what people say or how many pics posted of the ogs, the infrared on the ogs wasnt that pink. I lived through the original release. I seent them lol [emoji]128024[/emoji]

The OG Black/Inf' VI is THE reason I love kicks. Period.

Obviously I'm not alone in hoping it's as close as possible to the OG by the time the final production pairs get to our hands, nor am I alone in being acutely aware how improbable that is.

Especially with the 'Remastering' on the horizon, hard to hold much faith that any extra attention is paid to this release's attention to detail where the accurate reproduction of the new pair relates to its OG counterpart is concerned. Even with a pair as iconic as these arguably are. Blah.

I'd guess most people that copped the Metallic V, the Varisty Red VI, hell? ..even the Cavs IV ( which is actually 'pretty decent', IMO ) over the past few years, are NOT going to be happy if that type of material finds this VI this time around . Nike STAYS trolling, anyone worth their weight in Retro Cards is aware 'the community' wants Durabuck on this specific model & CW. In the end, we have little to NO say, so I guess we all just hold our collective breath until we have something more concrete than these pics. Blah.

My bad, maybe I'm misinformed. I thought that was the term being used to describe the supposed return to OG authenticity that is supposed to take place with releases after 2015.

One would assume once that ensues, all bets are off as far as what drops, and one might also assume that any Black/Inf' VI that drops this year wouldn't be as 'good' as one that would probably drop post 2015. Blah.

The OG Black/Inf' VI is THE reason I love kicks. Period.

Obviously I'm not alone in hoping it's as close as possible to the OG by the time the final production pairs get to our hands, nor am I alone in being acutely aware how improbable that is.

Especially with the 'Remastering' on the horizon, hard to hold much faith that any extra attention is paid to this release's attention to detail where the accurate reproduction of the new pair relates to its OG counterpart is concerned. Even with a pair as iconic as these arguably are. Blah.

I'd guess most people that copped the Metallic V, the Varisty Red VI, hell? ..even the Cavs IV ( which is actually 'pretty decent', IMO ) over the past few years, are NOT going to be happy if that type of material finds this VI this time around . Nike STAYS trolling, anyone worth their weight in Retro Cards is aware 'the community' wants Durabuck on this specific model & CW. In the end, we have little to NO say, so I guess we all just hold our collective breath until we have something more concrete than these pics. Blah.

That's a lot of retro cards lolol

I need 2 please :pimp: and fwiw I lived thru the OG release and never got it because I have 3 other siblings. Time changes color and lighting just derail any comments about how it will/suppose to look. I'm just thankful JB is putting all the remaining shoes I want so close together so I can scale back big time on the legacy line and stack my pesos

Last edited:
What is this remastering you speak of?

Next year nike is supposed to be trying to go back to the OG molds or as close as possible and use better materials to enhance the quality of the sneakers to the standard that it used to be

And Nike says it can do this by adding $15 to $20 to the price of the shoe.
ie The Oreo IV box price would be around $176

Last edited:
What is this remastering you speak of?

Next year nike is supposed to be trying to go back to the OG molds or as close as possible and use better materials to enhance the quality of the sneakers to the standard that it used to be

And Nike says it can do this by adding $15 to $20 to the price of the shoe.
ie The Oreo IV box price would be around $176

Source on this info?

Stupid ol' JB really could have my money if they bring back the correct molds for the IV, V and VI

Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983
Last week TSG published an interview with Jordan Brand’s Dave Schechter.
Here is Schechter's quote regarding price increase for "Remastered" releases:
"Yes, the increase will be anywhere from 10-15% more. When you get a shoe that looks better, feels better, it’s more comfortable because it’s made with higher quality materials – it will last longer, so you’re getting more value."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom