Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Really? I don't get why that do that.

Easy way to collect moisture and keep it from reaching the shoe's base, at least on a temporary basis...Polyurethane is absolutely adverse to prolonged contact with moisture simply because when it dries it will be more prone to cracking...Over prolonged periods of time that is...

Nike even used cardboard in a few phylon midsole models as well back in the day...Jordan X comes to mind...

My FNL and FTL near LA keeps telling me they making calls next Thurs/Fri... not this week.. yet I hear some people are getting calls around LA area? 

Doesn't sound kind of fishy that they told you next Thurs/Fri...? Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday the day of release...?  Starting not to trust anything these employees are saying over the phone.

Yeah, I'd be expecting a call before Thanksgiving if actually gettin a pair.. :lol:

Yeah, I'd be expecting a call before Thanksgiving if actually gettin a pair..
laugh.gif
you'll know real soon bro. i already got 3 shoes..

My FNL and FTL near LA keeps telling me they making calls next Thurs/Fri... not this week.. yet I hear some people are getting calls around LA area? 

I got 5 tickets from FTLs in LA.

3rd Street
Westside Pavillion
Beverly Center
Culver City
Hollywood Park

No calls for me so far. 1 dude said calls would start yesterday. Nobody else knew when their store would be calling.

Man I need to put in some work for this release.  Gotta get a pair for me and my bro, and two GS sizes for my nephews.

This shoe was the first J both me and my bro got back in 91, so we need it for nostalgia and need to pass that 1st J tradition down to the little guys.

Wish me luck cause Ima need it

Man I need to put in some work for this release.  Gotta get a pair for me and my bro, and two GS sizes for my nephews.

This shoe was the first J both me and my bro got back in 91, so we need it for nostalgia and need to pass that 1st J tradition down to the little guys.

Wish me luck cause Ima need it

Good luck my man! This shoe was sentimental to me too so I had to cop.

Every store is different. Beverly Center HOH said they will start calls tomorrow and should be done by Monday.

My mistake.. most FTL & FNL (northridge, beverly hills, topanga) are making phone calls tomorrow (I just called right now to verify) with the exception of FTL at topanga.. they said they already made phone calls.. im like WTF? 

locked down my first size 11 let's see what happens with calls tomorrow. 

Last edited:
Easy way to collect moisture and keep it from reaching the shoe's base, at least on a temporary basis...Polyurethane is absolutely adverse to prolonged contact with moisture simply because when it dries it will be more prone to cracking...Over prolonged periods of time that is...

Nike even used cardboard in a few phylon midsole models as well back in the day...Jordan X comes to mind...
Thanks for the info bro, this makes a lot of sense.

FNL sucks anyway, they don't even get Kobes and Foamposites and don't release AJ1 HIGH OGS in stores.

As mentioned FNL is pretty clutch for runners. If you dig runners, from retro to modern, they are a very valuable source. For example, when the Flyknits first hit the scene they were one of the first and few retailers that actually carried them. I know those are not everyone's thing but that was kind of a big deal when they dropped.

As for the OG Hi's, select FNL's do carry those in store.

I got 5 tickets from FTLs in LA.

3rd Street
Westside Pavillion
Beverly Center
Culver City
Hollywood Park

No calls for me so far. 1 dude said calls would start yesterday. Nobody else knew when their store would be calling.

They lying to you for sure....

I got calls from Hollywood Park and Noho today... Remain positive though

1999-March 2001 were the dirt cheap but honorable days of reselling on Niketalk. It was just like a non profit community. It seemed like people were geniunely helping each other to get shoes back then. The most tax would be was 50 and even that was rare. This site used to be cluttered with personal ads of people selling 99 BC4s and 2000 Concords for under retail. I remember the DS OG Air Jordan II was the ultimate grail around here at a what we thought was expensive then price of $250-300. I bought a pair of VVNDS OG Fire Red 4s with box from a Idaho NTer for $120 back in 2000.

Alot of people say the 2011 Concords ruined the shoe culture but I will be the first OG to admit it started in March 2001 when the Cool Grey 11s dropped. As hyped as everybody was when the 2000 Cords dropped people were civilized. When the CG 11s dropped that was the first time I heard and personally seen employees holding stock, fights and violence, mall destruction and the prehistoric resellers in parking lot selling the shoes $100 over retail. Niketalk resellers changed also. The shoe that took the ultimate hit was specifically WC and BC4s with prices rising on them from under retail to $400 like overnight. When dudes started seeing that 99 WC/BC money prices never were meant to be fair again. If you guys think that the 2013 Royal 1 thread was a madhouse you would of needed a prayer to survive in that ugly ugly 2001 Black/Red Air Jordan XI thread. OG Nike Talkers can tell you guys So many flame wars, pirated accounts, website hacks and scams went down in December 01 on this very site

Last edited:

What's the best way to protect and maintain the nubuck?
Real simple answer and not trying to sound mean or cocky: nubuck/suede cleaner
What are my chances of getting these? Should I just go order off of weekend drop
Depends on your size, but.. 97% you can get these unless you magically vanish from Earth until monday of the following week. Don't preorder.. you'll get a pair oN RD.

Last edited:
Alot of people say the 2011 Concords ruined the shoe culture but I will be the first OG to admit it started in March 2001 when the Cool Grey 11s dropped. As hyped as everybody was when the 2000 Cords dropped people were civilized. When the CG 11s dropped that was the first time I heard and personally seen employees holding stock, fights and violence, mall destruction and the prehistoric resellers in parking lot selling the shoes $100 over retail. Niketalk resellers changed also.

Bingo

The only shoe I have ever paid over retail for. I ordered these for $180 from ISS. I thought I was getting straight up killed on that price back in '01

Back
Top Bottom