"Black Is Beautiful!" - A Tribute to Black Music.

It's a dedication to black culture and music, specifically from the late 60's to early 80's.

No lyrics, all instruments were played by me, and I engineered everything.

Let me know what you guys think!

"

(also streaming everywhere else music is available)

Last edited:
Skimmed through it and you definitely seem talent. Only knock I would have is how raw it sounds, but idk if you were or weren't trying to achieve that.

Repped my dude..I love the instruments and the music does have that old school feel to it for sure...good looking out..

Skimmed through it and you definitely seem talent. Only knock I would have is how raw it sounds, but idk if you were or weren't trying to achieve that.

Thanks man! Yeah, I was definitely trying to go for a raw/unedited, abrasive kind of sound.

Do you think it works for the sound of the project, or should it have been mixed better?

Wow.

I appreciate so much the low quality. I've been on a real sample kick lately, so I've been listening to a lot of old soul/funk and my ears honestly can't tell whether this is brand new music, or something from 30-40 years ago. Like the fact that with the classic sound, you also added some distortions and a lot of more modern sounds. Gives it almost a timeless feel of being rooted in classic black music, but still having that twist that allows it to fit right in with today's music.

Well done. This is definitely going to get spins for the foreseeable future.

Are you doing anything to get your music out more than just Soundcloud. You have a lot of talent if you did that all by yourself.

Props.
pimp.gif

It's a dedication to black culture and music, specifically from the late 60's to early 80's.

No lyrics, all instruments were played by me, and I engineered everything.

Let me know what you guys think! :nerd:

(also streaming everywhere else music is available)

bro you got talent

if you really played all those instruments you could drop sample packs and cash out both on producers buying them and then giving u royalties if they get placed

Wow.

I appreciate so much the low quality. I've been on a real sample kick lately, so I've been listening to a lot of old soul/funk and my ears honestly can't tell whether this is brand new music, or something from 30-40 years ago. Like the fact that with the classic sound, you also added some distortions and a lot of more modern sounds. Gives it almost a timeless feel of being rooted in classic black music, but still having that twist that allows it to fit right in with today's music.

Are you doing anything to get your music out more than just Soundcloud. You have a lot of talent if you did that all by yourself.

Props.:pimp:

Thank you so much bro! I appreciate it.

I'm doing everything I can to get my music heard lol.

Social media, networking (I hate that word lol), the whole nine.

It's also available on all other streaming platforms, but I posted via SoundCloud since it's the most accessible.

bro you got talent

if you really played all those instruments you could drop sample packs and cash out both on producers buying them and then giving u royalties if they get placed

I've been thinking about doing something like that. It's definitely something I might look into.

It takes a long time when I use live instruments, so I'll have to figure out how to schedule it.

I started this project in December and just finished it in early June. :lol:

Wow.

Props.:pimp:

Thank you so much bro! I appreciate it.

I'm doing everything I can to get my music heard lol.

Social media, networking (I hate that word lol), the whole nine.

It's also available on all other streaming platforms, but I posted via SoundCloud since it's the most accessible.
Cool. Wanted to add it on Spotify or Tidal. Add it to my rotation.

I've been scrolling past this thread the past few days saying that I was going to click on it. I finally did this morning, and damn...this is really good!! I'm currently playing it on the Sonos speakers at work, so everyone is just grooving. 8)

It has an Adrian Younge vibe to it, which is not a bad thing.

I also grabbed it on Google Music as well, so I'll be spinning the hell out of this.

Keep up the great work homie!!

Last edited:
I've been scrolling past this thread the past few days saying that I was going to click on it. I finally did this morning, and damn...this is really good!! I'm currently playing it on the Sonos speakers at work, so everyone is just grooving. 8)

It has an Adrian Younge vibe to it, which is not a bad thing.

I also grabbed it on Google Music as well, so I'll be spinning the hell out of this.

Keep up the great work homie!!

Thank you man, for real!

I appreciate you listening and sharing! It means a lot.

Link was down after the server change. If anybody still wants to check it out, it's back up!

Yo! I hate to grave dig, but you're still putting out dope music! Vol. 2 is a beast man! I'm working my way through Where Is Your Place now.

You gotta keep this updated! :lol:

I had totally forgot about this but it was extremely dope.. thanks for the bump NCtwin NCtwin

No problem! I was listening to Vol 1 and figured I see what he was up to. I was pleasantly surprised to see that he's hard at work still putting out great music.

Is he still on NT? I wanted to tag him, but his name wouldn't pull up.

No problem! I was listening to Vol 1 and figured I see what he was up to. I was pleasantly surprised to see that he's hard at work still putting out great music.

Is he still on NT? I wanted to tag him, but his name wouldn't pull up.
You know what my man I actually don't know if he's still on here.. I'm glad that he has more music i'm going to check that out for sure.. thanks again for putting this back in rotation...

Back
Top Bottom