Black Lives Matter Brought in $90 Million in 2020

Is this problematic?

• Total voters
The Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, largely seen as a driving force behind the Black Lives Matter Movement, took in just over $90 million last year, according to a financial snapshot obtained by AP.

The organization is reportedly looking to build out its infrastructure to catch up to the speed of its funding and plans to use its endowment to become known for more than protests related to Black Americans dying at the hands of police or vigilantes.

“We want to uplift Black joy and liberation, not just Black death. We want to see Black communities thriving, not just surviving,” an impact report from the foundation shared with AP read.

Not really, for one they shared the details, but also i've always been for folks in that space getting proper funding as long as it's put to good use. Not comparing them to revolutionaries, but hate hearing those stories of revolutionaries dying broke.

Not really, for one they shared the details, but also i've always been for folks in that space getting proper funding as long as it's put to good use. Not comparing them to revolutionaries, but hate hearing those stories of revolutionaries dying broke.
THIS.

Aside from them disclosing this, do you think the lack of transparency is an issue?

Them raking in $90 million is a surprise to me. I’d like for the majority of that to be put to use in our neighborhoods and to initiatives that’ll be of good use.

Aside from them disclosing this, do you think the lack of transparency is an issue?

Them raking in $90 million is a surprise to me. I’d like for the majority of that to be put to use in our neighborhoods and to initiatives that’ll be of good use.
I mean at a certain point, for tax exemption status they won't have a choice in the matter of transparency. Seems they're getting there, i'm sure that number was a surprise to them too.

Not surprising to me given how many black ppl were murdered by white ppl or the police on camera last year.

Gotta keep in mind, unlike when BLM or any of these movements started years ago in 2020 everybody was in their homes. So when **** went down more eyes were on it. More ppl were motivated and activated and looked to support in anyway they can. Probably tons of ppl, especially white ppl, saying I want to help but aint going to protest but I can at least donate money.

Dont yall realize BLM = ppl with blue hair, septum piercings. It originally started off as a black led organization (back when Colin K started taking the knee) but it began getting hijacked after Trump took office as a propoganda tool for their political agendas. I guarantee half of that $90M got squandered on Senate candidates, local governor/mayor races.

And besidea politics for whatever reason i noticed the most vocal BLM people tend to be "gender fluid" people who describe themselves as they rather than he or she...or people in transition.

Last edited:
Dont yall realize BLM = ppl with blue hair, septum piercings. It originally started off as a black led organization (back when Colin K started taking the knee) but it began getting hijacked after Trump took office as a propoganda tool for their political agendas. I guarantee half of that $90M got squandered on Senate candidates, local governor/mayor races.

And besidea politics for whatever reason i noticed the most vocal BLM people tend to be "gender fluid" people who describe themselves as they rather than he or she...or people in transition.
I won’t go as far as you’re saying but the organization is definitely feminist, lgbt heavy.

royster royster computersputin computersputin

Does this type of information make your blood pressure go up?

Does it make you want to throw punches at the air?

Does the fact that this thread is about black people speak to your desires to want all topics related to African Americans consolidated to one thread?

👀

Come say some slick stuff here where more people can see what you’re about.

I won’t go as far as you’re saying but the organization is definitely feminist, lgbt heavy.
Aside from it being ran by lgbt black women, what have they actually done to make folks believe that would be an issue?

Aside from it being ran by lgbt black women, what have they actually done to make folks believe that would be an issue?
It's not an issue to me. Some people believe that they prioritize lbgt issues though. I honestly don't know too much about the organizations actions.

Only? I’m pretty sure it was mainly through donation.

Yeah, I feel like I read so many articles about people donating last year. Like individual celebrities who donated a million by themselves.

With all the rich millionaires/billionaires, businesses, private individuals, celebrities, it was 90 total? Maybe it's cause a lot of people split their donations across related orgs but seems kind of low.

Last edited:
Thats the thing though

Philando Castile
Andre Hill
Rayshard Brooks
George Floyd
Sam DuBose
Ahmaud Arbery

...were all ordinary brothas. They didnt identify with any of the subculture/ideologies/beliefs systems of those representing them posthumously.

and How are they doing anything to fix the root of the problem (Police)?

You are not wrong 🤣

If the moneys not used in the right way for the people BLM are fighting for they will be no different then the establishment there fighting against then their is no problem at all
but thats alot of money for a grassroots movement

all that money should be used for inner city programs

Also use that money for families that lost loved ones to police brutality if they cant pay their bills or are single parents who lost a family member by the police

this is a chance where the money raised can do good and set an example for other organizations

Last edited:
I’m willing to bet most of it went to the Democratic Party.

I guarantee we’ll never hear anything about “BLM funds “such and such” in “such and such” community”.

Back
Top Bottom