Black Male Actors & Wearing Dresses

Would you wear a dress to catapult your career?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
How do y’all feel when it comes to top black actors or entertainers wearing dresses in film?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was some type of initiation. When Kevin Hart did it, he looked mad reluctant.

Part of the plan to publicly emasculate the black man courtesy of the dominant society. Stay woke.

Btw I dont trust that Lena Waithe chick either but thats a conversation for another day.
I don’t really rock with her either.

Not to take "their" side but I think it isn't just a Black Actor thing.

For some reason, Hollywood enjoys seeing men dressed as women and they think it is funny.

Maybe it is some sort of "test", who knows.
True but it’s just seems like it’s primarily done with our major stars. They don’t save the dress role for some random. It’s always the A listers it seems.

True but it’s just seems like it’s primarily done with our major stars. They don’t save the dress role for some random. It’s always the A listers it seems.

I think since there are so few of us, a higher % of us deal with it.

I agree, it seems like everyone has to go through some Drag type scenario.

1612311792191.png

If it opens up doors for others to get non dress wearing roles then I'm for it.
Yeah you don't see it so much anymore unless it's THAT comedians idea (Wanda and Shenaynay movie idea :sick: ). Guess it's a walk so others can run situation.

For some reason, Hollywood enjoys seeing men dressed as women and they think it is funny.

Yeah seems like more "classic" comedy thing seeing a man in a dress, wouldn't put ulterior motives beyond them though.

It’s international humor. Same with potty and fart jokes. Overseas they eat that **** up.

Yeah you don't see it so much anymore unless it's THAT comedians idea (Wanda and Shenaynay movie idea :sick: ). Guess it's a walk so others can run situation.

I'm telling you fam that they sacrificed so others wouldn't have to. It sucks that it happened but the things black actors have to do in order to get a chance and give a chance to others is ridiculous.

it's not some conspiracy.

men in drag is usually played for laugh because of the contrast.
it's always masculine person dons women's clothing = haha

if a feminine man does it you got no comedy.

the more masculine the man>the greater contrast>the more laughs you get

racist culture views all black men as hyper-masculine to the point of being subhuman

thus it's extra funny to white audiences when a black man is in a dress.

it's not some conspiracy.

men in drag is usually played for laugh because of the contrast.
it's always masculine person dons women's clothing = haha

if a feminine man does it you got no comedy.

the more masculine the man>the greater contrast>the more laughs you get

racist culture views all black men as hyper-masculine to the point of being subhuman

thus it's extra funny to white audiences when a black man is in a dress.

facts black men being portrayed as hyper masculine violent savages is more problematic imo.

Back
Top Bottom