Black Man is Stereotyped in Old Navy

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...rarily-closed-viral-facebook-post/1082354001/

Guy goes to Old Navy wearing an Old Navy jacket. He picks out some items and goes to the cash to pay for them.

The manager accuses him of stealing, or trying to steal the jacket. The same jacket he was wearing when he walked into the store. Manager asks him to take off his jacket so they can scan it and see if its been purchased, he agrees.

After its scanned the manager still tries to make him pay for the jacket. Dude tells them peep security video of him entering the store wearing the jacket. They do and decide to let him leave and offer no apology.

:smh: :smh:

Apparently the store closed down temporarily then reopened again.

They even scanned his jacket. :wow::smh:
Then that fruitcake manager tried to give dude the cold shoulder after clearly being in the wrong. Hope he sues or at least calls corporate.
But like I always say...That’s why I rock Ralph.:wink:

Yeah it's something I notice with Old navy and gap. A lot of the ones around me pretty much have all black employees and they literally dot pay attention to you or bother you. But when I'll go to a gap in a white neighborhood you get met at the front door and constantly asked questions throughout your trip. But then again, I guess that applies to a lot of place she

Y'all better start googling black owned clothing brands. There's enough of them out there.

Funny enough, Old Navy is the best selling brand under the GAP umbrella (GAP / Banana Republic / Old Navy).

You would think that GAP's super diverse marketing would translate to the entire company.

I don’t blame the company for this though. Some people are just racists and happen to be an employee of xyz. Bad eggs in every company and industry. We’ve all worked retail and know each store is its own environment and world. Some have good store managers that advocate diversity incusionn yada and some are crazy dus that allow them or want this stuff to go down.

I’m down to see this young man rumble tho. Always glad to see a company have to pay out when this sort of stuff comes out. Forces them to advocate and teach better behavior rather than just hope for it.

Why should they care if the jacket was stolen? I never understood why shoplifting is that deep with retail employees. If you catch someone in the act then yeah, you should reprimand them. But all that CSI **** ain't worth it. And now you're out of a job for venturing out of your lane. They went from Summer dresses to Summer Jam screen.

Old Navy slander will no be tolerated!

For kids that is........

Don't know of any grown folk wearing that ****.

-children's place got better clothes for tots.

black women lovvvvvvvve old navy, when you to da 34 street location it be floooooded.
between that and da H&M on da corners.

i haven't worn old navy since their anorak jackets in 1997.

How dumb do you have to be to believe that someone is gonna steal a jacket by blantantly wearing it while you’re ringing them up at the register. I’m glad they were let go.

I wonder what kind of check he gonna get from this, Old Navy definitely will settle this out of court.

Old Navy slander will no be tolerated!

For kids that is........

Don't know of any grown folk wearing that ****.
This. My youngin got the skinnys in every color and hoody. I only cop beach wear from there when I got out of town, trunks and tees that I never wear again

:lol: :smh: Manager was a sucka... (double entendre)

Its ironic that hed profile that man cuz hes black and then when it turns out dude didnt do anything wrong hes dismissive and doesnt offer an apology, yet hed be crying homophobia/discrimination if something similar happened to him.

Props to the black guy for not losing his cool tho, i probably woulda got heated. Hope he gets that bag.

Surprised it took so long for this story to make it here. That was totally uncalled for, clear profiling and they deserve to get punished. Good thing dude recorded it. Kinda surprised they continued the investigation after he started recording bc they KNEW they were in the wrong and no one saw him take anything.

Back
Top Bottom