Black... Maybe...? (word to Common)

Arite yung.

Its 8:00 am today. Im feeling good. In the new family SUV I purchased for the family, Break My Heart pumping through the system Being new proud Dad #1 as I go take my daughter to see her Pediatrician for the first time...

Wife and I go in, on "cloud nine" like the Temptations. We fill out paperwork, then we are asked to be seated:​
WifeExcuse me, but you didnt inquire about our insuranceReceptionistOh, it will be sent to us automaticallyMeExcuse me?ReceptionistOh, you guys must be new. But thats how medicaid >:
mad.gif
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
|I
tired.gif
"NOW THAT'S BLACK... MAYBE..." :smh:
smh.gif

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

Oh Jesus save us.

Kev, I just pictured that whole scenario as I read it...

I know you were piss'd. I would've had a fit.

Ignorant folk always show out.

Sig check...
THE DAY IS NEAR.
ONLY WEEKS AWAY.
I GIVE YOU TWO OPTIONS...
LIKE. OR LOVE.

Ok.

I HAVE to hear Pt. II Cause I KNOW the Good Rev didn't let THAT one slide.

Question: Did YOU or Maria clarify?
Next Ques: What the receptionist White?
Last Ques: Was there an apology at ANY point?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Wow, ignorance, but how'd the story end?
DestinationKicks: real great idea tommie, real great stereotee : you never f'n know these days stereotee : remember the alamo
"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest

Quote:
Question: Did YOU or Maria clarify?
Next Ques: What the receptionist White?
Last Ques: Was there an apology at ANY point?
Now, giving her the benefit of the doubtYesYesYesOf course notBut thats Black... Maybe...

Wife and I talked about it but not on some we gonna kill that @#%$ type madness. It was more of a deep conversation about what our grandparents went through, out parents, us now what about our daughter in year 2025? It's depressing...

Quote:
Wow, ignorance, but how'd the story end?

We kept it moving. Ignorance is bliss, and it was no reason creating a scene when the main concern was meeting the doctor, not the receptionist. But, the actual Pediatrician is a beast, and the big picture is what matters. Im learning slowly but surely to stop sweating the small stuff. Which is funny, isnt it? I guess kids will do that

Quote:
All of the ingnorant west Baltimore swagger would have came out full steam....
harmcityhustlerWEmenWENEVERNiketalkharmcityhustlerThis time.wish
Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

I fully understand wear u commin from kev...I'm just visioning my self in that scenario and my initial reaction...stupidity and ignorance makes my blood boil ...yes I would've wild out but not to the point that I'm going to central bookings....no sir no way...I ain't THAT crazy...

Quote:
Im learning slowly but surely to stop sweating the small stuff.
If you ain't watchin Kickin' it in the city...You should be ASHAMED of yourself!!!
TEAM
B A L T I M O R E
WEST B-MORE
CHAPTER

Quote:
Now, giving her the benefit of the doubt

Yes, we reside full time in Southside Richmond, Virginia.
Yes, it is the ghetto part/section of the city.
Yes, the majority of the Black people she sees are most likely struggling couples, single mothers in need of government assistance, etc
DestinationKicks: real great idea tommie, real great stereotee : you never f'n know these days stereotee : remember the alamo
"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest

Man, this is gettin way outta hand, and all with a Black man on the threshold of possibly becoming the next Presidnet, WHy God Why.....
202< Bush Lives In My Backyard, He Doesn't Dare Hop That Fence >202

I feel you bruh... you's a Daddy now...and that first Prom and then wedding you have to pay for is what's more important than confirming stereotypes folks have.

Proud of ya bruh...

BUT...

When placed in those situationz...i.e. when a brotha is in his sweat suit and not Sunday Best .....I always let them know it aint what they think I am its what I know I am thats important.

There is ALWAYS a parting jab dealt with sharp pleasantry to set the record straight.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Back
Top Bottom